First time Celebrity cruiser~drink package question

pugsammy

Hello...Can you tell me the differences in the drink packages...ie the one that comes with the perks?  Does it include water and specialty coffee's...

How about cocktails...vodka type specifically.

Thank you!

The difference is the brands of alcohol and the choice.

If there is a certain alcohol you prefer check out the packages.

You are limited on the Classic package.

If you are not picky go with the Classic.

If you get the Premium insure you tell the bartender what liquor you prefer.

Premium has top shelf waters, Evian and so forth.

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

What is the cost to upgrade from the Classic package to the Premium package?

Cost is $12 per person per day, including gratuity. There is a very small discount with Captain's Club. The FAQ says "If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Beverage Package, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment.  The upgrade charge will be $12 per person per day which includes the beverage gratuity.  Guests may not purchase a beverage upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their beverage package from Classic to Premium once onboard the ship."

• Like 2

We are always happy with the Classic.   If you want something more expensive you can pay the difference for it.    

Yes, the classic does contain bottled water.  Also cocktails including Pina Coladas, Margaritas, Daquiris,  French Caribbeans, etc.    Vodka on Classic is Absolute, Smirnoff and Titos, so they can make you a cocktail with any of those.

Classic will also include some of the specialty coffees,  but a lot of them were  $10, so you would pay an extra $1.20 for them.   All of the non alcoholic ones are included, also teas.

image.thumb.png.42c3922f287b4b726674f2bc62268215.png

image.thumb.png.2c8b7ed2a132344a907de882e2a4f402.png

image.thumb.png.24aaf1823a6c73ee91fa9563695167cf.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

Cost is $12 per person per day, including gratuity. There is a very small discount with Captain's Club. The FAQ says "If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Beverage Package, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment.  The upgrade charge will be $12 per person per day which includes the beverage gratuity.  Guests may not purchase a beverage upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their beverage package from Classic to Premium once onboard the ship."

Thanks for that! No wonder I wasn't seeing the option to upgrade on my January 2, 2022 sailing yet.

• Like 1

Some other differences between classic and premium - with classic you get still bottled water, with premium you can get Pellegrino. With classic you get prosecco, with premium you get champagne. 

Before Always Included one person in the cabin could upgrade to premium and the other person didn't have to. Not sure if this is still the case with Always Included.

45 minutes ago, jaapie said:

Some other differences between classic and premium - with classic you get still bottled water, with premium you can get Pellegrino. With classic you get prosecco, with premium you get champagne. 

Before Always Included one person in the cabin could upgrade to premium and the other person didn't have to. Not sure if this is still the case with Always Included.

If one in the cabin upgrades from standard Always Included to Elevate or Indulge, everyone in the cabin must do so. If only upgrading the drink package, everyone does not need to also upgrade, each can do their own thing.

I found the thread interesting.  As a non-drinker, I have never purchased any drink package other than Soda, and I am unhappy to be paying for (as it is now built into the base price) a drink package now.  But I am trying to think of this as my getting the Soda package for free rather than my paying for (as part of the base price) the Classic Beverage Package that I don't want.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I found the thread interesting.  As a non-drinker, I have never purchased any drink package other than Soda, and I am unhappy to be paying for (as it is now built into the base price) a drink package now.  But I am trying to think of this as my getting the Soda package for free rather than my paying for (as part of the base price) the Classic Beverage Package that I don't want.

Celebrity's approach seems to be "everyone needs to drink something" so they just charge you up front and let you choose. In their FAQ on this, they say "Our beverage packages include a wide variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic options including specialty coffee, fresh squeezed juices, bottled water, sports drinks and soda.  All guests can choose beverages of their choice, with or without alcohol.  Guests under the legal drinking age will only be eligible for non-alcoholic beverages." Clearly, even those who cannot drink alcohol still pay the same.

I also did not drink alcohol until just a few years ago. Now I look at cruising with a drink package as a chance to find drinks I might like - if I like them, I can get more; if I don't like them, I can just get something else without thinking I just wasted my money. My wife really enjoys trying different wines with dinner. Perhaps you can take this as a chance to try sports drinks, etc., that you would not normally spend money on? Or virgin versions of cocktails?

I like your attitude about getting the soda package for free. But I sure understand being unhappy about the way they've gone about it.

Don't forget that the Classic package also includes the coffees in Cafe al Bacio (no need to upgrade to the Premium).  We do end up upgrading to the Premium package as we like to better selection of wines (and not worrying about the cost), and my wife loves that San Pellegrino is included with the Premium.  She drinks several of those per day.