Horrible planning and decision making by Royal

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Why? That's not a DeSantis' problem.

I was made aware that The Bahamas does not require Covid vaccination to enter their country, after I made that comment so I was wrong in saying that. My comment was a reply to a poster who said that the vaccine is a mandate in The Bahamas. My bad for not checking that.

Having said that, other foreign countries may require Covid vaccines to enter their countries. That WILL have to be looked at by DeSantis. Either that or the cruise lines will not be able to call on those foreign ports if they home port in Florida.

Big business should not have their hands tied behind their backs. It is not the conservative philosophy.

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I was made aware that The Bahamas does not require Covid vaccination to enter their country, after I made that comment so I was wrong in saying that. My comment was a reply to a poster who said that the vaccine is a mandate in The Bahamas. My bad for not checking that.

Having said that, other foreign countries may require Covid vaccines to enter their countries. That WILL have to be looked at by DeSantis. Either that or the cruise lines will not be able to call on those foreign ports if they home port in Florida.

Big business should not have their hands tied behind their backs. It is not the conservative philosophy.

No business big or small should be able to discrminate. That's the American philosophy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SheriffJoe said:

True but now airlines are fully booking flights so your 6' is now 3 inches, most likely less...I don't think I've ever flown without somehow unknowingly or unwittingly rubbed shoulders with the person next to me, accidently touched them or them me trying to use the common arm rest or a hundred other scenarios when flying but the bottom line is there is a LOT more to worry about if your scared than just your time onboard the ship so these entire threads are moot and frankly ridiculous, the scared need to just stay home for another year or 2 and let the rest of us live our lives as normal....not that I haven't been doing that for the last year anyway...

I get the comments about air travel to get to the port of embarkation. That makes a lot of sense. Personally, we drive to Florida ports because we are residents but I'm aware that plenty of people fly in.

As an aside.......you mentioned you have been living your life as "normal" this past year. Does that include NOT MASKING because THAT to me is one of the things that I consider living life as normal. If you have not been masking this past year (unless you are vaccinated and dropped the mask when the CDC gave the OK to do so), then we have nothing more to discuss.

Edited by coffeebean

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

No business big or small should be able to discrminate. That's the American philosophy. 

Then I plan on not wearing shoes or shirts next time I go in a store because that's discrimination. 

3 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Actually, governments can and do establish Public Health rules for businesses. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

If that is the case, then there is no problem. I was responding to another poster's comment that led me to believe The Bahamas still requires the vaccine to enter the country.

My comment still does stand in the event other countries just may require the Covid vaccine to enter their country. Then what will the cruise lines do? Not port there because of DeSantis' law?

That is the question....

2 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Well, as I read the posts, it appeared to me (could be wrong interpretation) that the concern was 'how was RCCL going to deal with the conflicting requirements of ports and itineraries (specifically if a Florida port and the Bahamas).

In a thread about Horrible planning and decision making by Royal

I thought the 'injection' of ask DeSantis was inappropriate (but that's they way these threads start to wander before going viral and then gone or locked).

It is not up to DeSantis, the State of Florida or Bahama to deal with these matters.  The cruise lines have to be well versed in dealing with the requirements of the ports they sail from or to.

I get your point. We got a little off that topic when the issue of Freedom sailing from Florida to Nassau was brought up. Hence, the dilemma we were talking about.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

The point is DeSantis is making it impossible for cruise lines to port in foreign countries which may require passengers to be vaccinated. It is lawful for airlines to require proof of vaccines for entry to foreign countries, why not cruise lines?

No argument from me on that point.

53 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

If the Bahamas (or any other foreign port for that matter) mandates the vaccine to enter their country, the cruise lines must require proof of vaccination. That is point I was trying to make.

Big if.... but if any country demands a proof of vaccine, then everyone that wants to get off the ship and enjoy the port will have to go through Customs to enter the country. Cruisers will show Customs, not RCL. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I just wish the un-vaccinated would stay home. That would be safer for everyone on a cruise ship.

Correct. There is little chance that the vaccinated would have a negative impact on someone else's vacation. The same cannot be said for the unvaccinated. I have taken steps to protect myself as well as those who have contact with me. Those who refuse to do the same can stay home. 

Remember the days when all we had were masks? People would post about how all the selfish people who refuse to wear them in order to protect others should stay home. I guess the same can now be said for those people who refuse to be vaccinated.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

No business big or small should be able to discriminate. That's the American philosophy. 

I get that. This is a conundrum which, I'm afraid, has no solution. On one hand, businesses should have a right to run their businesses as they see fit yet the American people have rights not to be discriminated against.

Personally, I am all for limiting access to un-vaccinated people to any business if that business deems it not safe for them to operate with un-vaccinated people. I'm aware there are many people who feel their individual rights should not be impeded in this way. I believe rights of the masses supersede the rights of individuals when it comes to health and safety of the masses. Businesses have every right to conduct their business as they see fit, especially when it comes to the health and safety of their employees and customers.

You and I will never agree on this very important and very divisive stance. So.......I respectfully agree to disagree with you and all others who have your same POV.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Big if.... but if any country demands a proof of vaccine, then everyone that wants to get off the ship and enjoy the port will have to go through Customs to enter the country. Cruisers will show Customs, not RCL. 

Or the country may just not let anyone enter. Would be a bit if a pain, don't you think, having to go through that procedure every day instead of countries clearing by the ships' manifest as they do now and you coming and going from the ship as you please? I suspect the extra manpower would also mean higher port fees to be paid by passengers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I get that. This is a conundrum which, I'm afraid, has no solution. On one hand, businesses should have a right to run their businesses as they see fit yet the American people have rights not to be discriminated against.

Personally, I am all for limiting access to un-vaccinated people to any business if that business deems it not safe for them to operate with un-vaccinated people. I'm aware there are many people who feel their individual rights should not be impeded in this way. I believe rights of the masses supersede the rights of individuals when it comes to health and safety of the masses. Businesses have every right to conduct their business as they see fit, especially when it comes to the health and safety of their employees and customers.

You and I will never agree on this very important and very divisive stance. So.......I respectfully agree to disagree with you and all others who have your same POV.

No we won't. You continually come across as a vaccine bigot and that's very unfortunate. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

No we won't. You continually come across as a vaccine bigot and that's very unfortunate. 

You are forgetting that unvaccinated is not a protected class. Not under ADA. Not under civil rights laws. Discrimination does not have a place in this discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

IMAGINE YOUR VACCINATED AND YOUR ABOUT TO BAORD THE SHIP U HAVE NO SYMPTOMS AND U TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID. THIS IS WHY THEY NEED TO NOT DO ANY TESTING WHATSOEVER.NIGHTMARE

ALL THIS TESTING AND IF ONE PERSON TESTS POSITIVE YOU HAVE TO QUARETEEN THE WHOLE SHIP FOR TWO WEEKS THAT IS CRAZY! I SAY NO TO ANY TESTING WHATSOEVER! RIDICULOUS

IF YOU HAVE THE VACCINE, YOU ARE PROTECTED RIGHT?

SO WHY ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES VACCINE STATUS IF YOUR PROTECTED?

PEOPLES HEALTH HISTORY IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

YOU CAN STILL GET COVID AND SPREAD IT EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VACCINE

CRUISE LINES ARE NOT REQUIREING KIDS 16 AND UNDER TO GET THE VACCINE. SO, THEY CAN STILL GET COVID AND SPREAD IT REGARDLESS.

YOU WILL NEVER GET A 100% VACCINATED CRUISE ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. KIDS, PEOPLE WITH HEALTH REASONS AND RELIGIOUS REASONS CAN’T GET THE VACCINE.

YOU CAN JUMP ON A PLANE WITH NO SOCIAL DISTANCING AND NOT HAVING TO SHOW PROOF OF A VACCINE SO WHY ARE THE CRUISE LINES BEING TREATED UNFAIRLY?

I AM VACCINATED BUT I THINK CRUISE LINES NEED TO GET RID OF MASKS RULES, VACCINE REQUIREMENTS AND DO NO TESTING. IF THEY DO THIS IT WILL BE BAD FOR BUSINESS AND CREATE BAD PR FOR THE COMPANY.

THEY NEED TO UPDATE THE CRUISE CONTRACT TO SAY TRAVEL AT YOUR OWN RISK.YOU MAY GET COVID OR ANY OTHER DISEASE CRUSING WITH US. REMMEBER COVID IS NOT THE ONLY DISEASE OUT HERE PEOPLE.

WHY SHOULD I WEAR A MASK TO ACCOMODATE THOSE WHO ARE NOT VACCINATED? I DONT WANT TO WEAR A MASK ON MY TROPICAL CRUISE VACATION.

THE VACCINE ONLY PROTECTS THE PERSON GETTING THE VACCINE BY LOWERING THEIR CHANCES OF ENDING UP IN THE HOSPITAL AND DYING. YOU CAN STILL GET COVID AND SPREAD IT. YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID.

FRIENDLY REMINDER YOU CAN STILL DIE OR GET OTHER DISEASES ON A CRUISE. COVID IS NOT THE ONLY DISEASE OUT HERE AND PEOPLE SEEM TO FORGET ABOUT THE COLD, FLU OR NORO VIRUS JUST TO NAME A FEW.

Shouting an entire post is not necessary. It is actually poor forum etiquette.

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Or the country may just not let anyone enter. Would be a bit if a pain, don't you think, having to go through that procedure every day instead of countries clearing by the ships' manifest as they do now and you coming and going from the ship as you please? I suspect the extra manpower would also mean higher port fees to be paid by passengers.

Look if the country doesn't want the ship to port and let people off w/ proof of vaccines, that's on them. As far as cost, that's for them to establish and for you decide if it's affordable. And if the concern is a facrtor of a 'pain' or if it's a time fsctor, then either get in line or don't. It's all about you and how you handle it.  It's called the Price of Freedom.... and it's worth it. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Is that the way it will work? The cruise line will not need to check the vaccine proof? That is not how the airlines work. I believe proof of vaccine and the regular passport must be produced when getting on board at the city of origin. I know I have had to show my passport when I check in before I board the plane in the US for International travel.

5 minutes ago, Babr said:

You are forgetting that unvaccinated is not a protected class. Not under ADA. Not under civil rights laws. Discrimination does not have a place in this discussion. 

And you're forgetting that what is right is right. And what is wrong is wrong. Those that have been discriminated against have never needed the ADA or a Civil Rights Law to tell them what discrimination is. They know it. They felt it. They've only needed those laws to help them get through the bad habits of others.  

The discrimination on this board alone runs rabid. It's a disgrace and many posters should be ashamed of their behavoir. Thank God for the strength of a few people in very key postions to prevent this mess from continuing. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I would like to add that prior to Covid, we had to show our passports at the port of embarkation to board the ship. Why would it be different post Covid?

3 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Look if the country doesn't want the ship to port and let people off w/ proof of vaccines, that's on them. As far as cost, that's for them to establish and for you decide if it's affordable. And if the concern is a facrtor of a 'pain' or if it's a time fsctor, then either get in line or don't. It's all about you and how you handle it.  It's called the Price of Freddom.... and it's worth it. 

That is not the way it works. If a ship does not meet the country’s requirements, it is not allowed port entry. Period.  So if the ship knows from the start that it will not be accepted, it does not go there. It changes itinerary. Entry into any port is governed by the host country , and all passengers must follow that country’s rules - testing, documentation, whatever. The host country sets the rules. 

2 minutes ago, Babr said:

That is not the way it works. If a ship does not meet the country’s requirements, it is not allowed port entry. Period.  So if the ship knows from the start that it will not be accepted, it does not go there. It changes itinerary. Entry into any port is governed by the host country , and all passengers must follow that country’s rules - testing, documentation, whatever. The host country sets the rules. 

We were denied entry into Jamaica and Mexico due to a Noro outbreak on Oasis

• Like 2