Nieuw Statendam - Port Everglades Monday 6/7/21

wdw1972

8 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Thanks!  PE looks quite busy today.  If I had been asleep for the last 16 months I would be looking at the webcam thinking it was a normal Saturday/Sunday turnaround day. 🙄

Indeed, my thoughts as well.  The same with the Port of Miami.  One MSC ship this afternoon with another anchored off shore.  Other cruise ships are at dock; Port Canaveral has Odyssey of the Seas at dock and--I think--the brand new Mardi Gras.  

The port activity has increased in recent days.  This cruiser would appreciate a press release from the cruise lines with information about what is taking place.  It can't simply be because "we ran out of rice, pasta, eggs, etc."!  

• Like 1

The Celebrity Equinox just sailed by. I'd estimate that 1/2 the balconies had people on them. They were playing music and if you didn't know better, you'd think it was a regular sail away. It's nice that the crew gets to use the nice quarters.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

18.30 ET is 11.30 pm in Ireland.  I am doing a practice run tonight as it is now 11.32 and I am still up!

Thanks for the update Roy.  I really hope she is confirmed for that time and sails to schedule.

With apologies to those on the west coast. 🤞

lol...18:30 ET is 3:30 pm on the West Coast.....unfortunately I'm one of those that is still a slave to the office, and my boss likes it when I work during working hours!  Maybe I'll take a VERY late lunch hour!  😁

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, POA1 said:

The Celebrity Equinox just sailed by. I'd estimate that 1/2 the balconies had people on them. They were playing music and if you didn't know better, you'd think it was a regular sail away. It's nice that the crew gets to use the nice quarters.

If the balconies that you could see were that well populated, is this sailing a "test cruise" for CDC?  Not knowing why these ships are visiting the Florida ports as often as they are now doing frustrates me as to understanding what is taking place.  

9 hours ago, leerathje said:

lol...18:30 ET is 3:30 pm on the West Coast.....unfortunately I'm one of those that is still a slave to the office, and my boss likes it when I work during working hours!  Maybe I'll take a VERY late lunch hour!  😁

3.30pm is afternoon tea time!  Is your boss totally uncivilized? 😱😁

A finger sandwich, a scone and cup of tea at 3.30 pm is perfect for watching a sailaway.  👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Himself said:

At what time is the Nieuw Statendam sailing away?  Please use Florida time.  Thank You.

Currently she is scheduled to depart at 18.30 /6.30 pm Florida Time, Father.   

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Currently she is scheduled to depart at 18.30 /6.30 pm Florida Time, Father.   

That would be 5:30 P M my time.  I can catch it!  I live in the Central Time Zone.  How are things in Ireland these days?  

2 hours ago, Himself said:

That would be 5:30 P M my time.  I can catch it!  I live in the Central Time Zone.  How are things in Ireland these days?  

Recovering slowly but everyone is positive.  

Outdoor dining and bars reopened on Monday.  Indoor dining and bars will not reopen until July.

Covid numbers are falling thanks to the ongoing vaccination program.

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

I've got the FLL and PE webcams on the go; is it just my computer, or is there no sound on either?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Not getting any sound here either! 🤫

• Thanks 1

Just now, VMax1700 said:

Not getting any sound here either! 🤫

Thanks, I thought it might just be my computer; it seems we may need new speakers.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

13 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

3.30pm is afternoon tea time!  Is your boss totally uncivilized? 😱😁

A finger sandwich, a scone and cup of tea at 3.30 pm is perfect for watching a sailaway.  👍

Checking in during tea time!  😁

• Like 1