Pride sailings gone

I could see a scenario where they are either:

a) Trying to reduce capacity

or b) just flat out restarting mid September from Baltimore.

I would guess B since Pride was sitting in the drydock area in Freeport for a week or so, now back to floating aimlessly in the ocean with no real direction.

I really hope my 9/26 out of Baltimore happens, and i'm pretty hopeful all things considered. We actually have a new to cruising friend that we finally (after years) convinced to book on that sailing. I also think that over the next 10 days, we will have far more information on when each port will restart, especially since it was heavily alluded to being vaccine required (even though some people on this board interpret that line from the news the other morning as "she didn't say that")

• Like 3

Hopefully, it is because they have reached capacity.  I see no reason why they can't start up cruises from Baltimore with vaccinated-only passengers.  Families with small kids tend to sail out of Florida.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

Hopefully, it is because use they have reached capacity.  I see no reason why they can't start up cruises from Baltimore with vaccinated-only passengers.  Families with small kids tend to sail out of Florida.

I agree. Once Christine said that they don't see a viable path back with non vaxxed, I knew our chances of sailing in Sept went up exponentially. I feel it's a matter of how fast they can get crew assembled and vaccinated, which is probably a 4 week minimum affair

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

Hopefully, it is because use they have reached capacity.  I see no reason why they can't start up cruises from Baltimore with vaccinated-only passengers.  Families with small kids tend to sail out of Florida.

We are sailing out of Nola in August. It’s been pulled down for close to a month, but still getting e-mails from Carnival related to the cruise.Also had our stockholders OBC approved yesterday.

• Like 1

Just now, skrufy said:

We are sailing out of Nola in August. It’s been pulled down for close to a month, but still getting e-mails from Carnival related to the cruise.Also had our stockholders OBC approved yesterday.

Cruises out of Nola should have no problem starting with vaccinated-only passengers.

• Like 1

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

Maybe they haven't planned any test cruises from Baltimore because they are going straight to vaccinated-only.

Always possible. Last I checked, they haven't announced any test cruises for FL or TX yet. Wonder if they are going to just go full vaxx for them. It would be hard for me to understand if they did the tests when they are saying vaxx only.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

Always possible. Last I checked, they haven't announced any test cruises for FL or TX yet. Wonder if they are going to just go full vaxx for them. It would be hard for me to understand if they did the tests when they are saying vaxx only.

I think Carnival was approved for test cruises from Florida and Texas, but I don't think they had any planned from Baltimore.  It looks like the Baltimore and Nola cruises have a much better chance of sailing.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Hopefully, it is because they have reached capacity.  I see no reason why they can't start up cruises from Baltimore with vaccinated-only passengers.  Families with small kids tend to sail out of Florida.

I was thinking the same thing about our just cancelled August 29th sailing on the Oasis put of Bayonne.  Would have been our first time on a ship that big.  Will flip it to next June.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I was thinking the same thing about our just cancelled August 29th sailing on the Oasis put of Bayonne.  Would have been our first time on a ship that big.  Will flip it to next June.

It seems like a no brainer to just start cruises from ports outside of Florida and Texas with vaccinated people.  They should be able to get the crew vaccinated before July.   I'm not sure why they would cancel a cruise that could easily sail at the end of August from Bayonne.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It seems like a no brainer to just start cruises from ports outside of Florida and Texas with vaccinated people.  They should be able to get the crew vaccinated before July.   I'm not sure why they would cancel a cruise that could easily sail at the end of August from Bayonne.

They have said from the beginning they would restart out of Miami and Galveston. They will cancel the others because they are focused on restarting on the Horizon, Breeze and Vista. 

I hope so.  Given the CDC and FL governor's stances, it would make sense to me, if Carnival wants to please everyone and allow kids... do mixed cruises from FL (with testing and mask-wearing) in July, start non-vax only cruises from Baltimore when they get logistics set (no tests, no masks THANK GOD), and a mix of the two from TX in July.

• Like 1

I asked John about this on his page as our Liberty sailing along with several months worth dropped off the site.

He replied with the following regarding potential cancellation:

Per John -

No, absolutely not. Please don’t worry. We have not canceled any other cruises. We will be releasing the protocols this week and this will be why some of the sailings on different ships have been removed. I will share all the news this week but I have no doubt we will see you sailing as planned and having the best of times. Thanks so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Speaking about Baltimore....Any hotel recomendeds for cruising out of the city...Is it better to stay at the Airport the night before or near Camden yards? Thanks

We're staying by the airport as we've explored Inner Harbor before and we're driving in the afternoon before the cruise and check out the next morning.  For one, hotel rates are cheaper out there and two, parking is free at those hotels for your overnight stay.  Any downtown hotel will charge you 30-35 a night at least for valet parking and some hotels down there are still not doing valet parking.  If you're flying in, only you can determine the Uber/cab ride worth to downtown and then out the port.  There's plenty of restaurants out by the airport hotels, some in walking distance depending on where you stay. 

We've stayed at the Hilton BWI aiport before but this time we've booked the Hilton Garden Inn BWI. It was a super sale of like 76 dollars a night and the reviews look good on trip advisor 

Edited by BroadwayGirl

3 hours ago, Cap'n Ron said:

I asked John about this on his page as our Liberty sailing along with several months worth dropped off the site.

He replied with the following regarding potential cancellation:

Per John -

No, absolutely not. Please don’t worry. We have not canceled any other cruises. We will be releasing the protocols this week and this will be why some of the sailings on different ships have been removed. I will share all the news this week but I have no doubt we will see you sailing as planned and having the best of times. Thanks so much.

My sister & BIL are cruising out of PC in August on the Liberty & suggested we join them.  I couldn't find the cruise anywhere on Carnival's website so I called.  It is sold out so that's why that one isn't showing.  I was told I could be added to the waitlist.

54 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

We're staying by the airport as we've explored Inner Harbor before and we're driving in the afternoon before the cruise and check out the next morning.  For one, hotel rates are cheaper out there and two, parking is free at those hotels for your overnight stay.  Any downtown hotel will charge you 30-35 a night at least for valet parking and some hotels down there are still not doing valet parking.  If you're flying in, only you can determine the Uber/cab ride worth to downtown and then out the port.  There's plenty of restaurants out by the airport hotels, some in walking distance depending on where you stay. 

We've stayed at the Hilton BWI aiport before but this time we've booked the Hilton Garden Inn BWI. It was a super sale of like 76 dollars a night and the reviews look good on trip advisor 

Thanks For the advice, i would like to see Camden Yards and Ft mchenry...but if Baltimore is anything like St Louis, Its best to skip the tour and head for the ship!! Thanks Again

Just now, mpdog42 said:

Thanks For the advice, i would like to see Camden Yards and Ft mchenry...but if Baltimore is anything like St Louis, Its best to skip the tour and head for the ship!! Thanks Again

Camden Yards is neat to see as it's very easy to see in and see the field, etc from the sidewalk/concourse. It's unique in that way.  Ft McHenry was really cool...they do a really nice intro presentation in the visitors center about the anthem.   It's really your call and what your budget is and how much time you have.  We spent a weekend trip without a cruise doing just the Baltimore highlights.  Then again, we live a little over 2 hours away.   Upside to the airport hotels is that the only US Guinness brewery is a quick 5 min ride away 🙂

2 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Camden Yards is neat to see as it's very easy to see in and see the field, etc from the sidewalk/concourse. It's unique in that way.  Ft McHenry was really cool...they do a really nice intro presentation in the visitors center about the anthem.   It's really your call and what your budget is and how much time you have.  We spent a weekend trip without a cruise doing just the Baltimore highlights.  Then again, we live a little over 2 hours away.   Upside to the airport hotels is that the only US Guinness brewery is a quick 5 min ride away 🙂

Guinness Brewery.....Sign me up!!😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I hope so.  Given the CDC and FL governor's stances, it would make sense to me, if Carnival wants to please everyone and allow kids... do mixed cruises from FL (with testing and mask-wearing) in July, start non-vax only cruises from Baltimore when they get logistics set (no tests, no masks THANK GOD), and a mix of the two from TX in July.

We were hoping Royal would do the same thing from Bayonne.   But our 8/29 Oasis cruise got canceled. 

6 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Speaking about Baltimore....Any hotel recomendeds for cruising out of the city...Is it better to stay at the Airport the night before or near Camden yards? Thanks

www.trinityreservations.com

Tax free hotel stay with parking included

• Like 1