Carnival requiring vaccinations from Galveston in july only

Interesting

” We appreciate the progress and support for our U.S. restart from the CDC and other key federal agencies; however, the current CDC requirements for cruising with a guest base that is unvaccinated will make it very difficult to deliver the experience our guests expect, ...”

Edited by BSocial
Shortened
  • Like 1

I would pump the breaks on this until we hear from the Texas governor who may want to follow his FL buddy in not requiring confirmation of shots. This is going to be a very fluid program for the next few weeks. Florida governor has put himself in a box to get press and may have to find some way out of his chest pumping move. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

I would pump the breaks on this until we hear from the Texas governor who may want to follow his FL buddy in not requiring confirmation of shots. This is going to be a very fluid program for the next few weeks. Florida governor has put himself in a box to get press and may have to find some way out of his chest pumping move. 

Abbott has already said he fully intends to sign a bill prohibiting business that do business in Texas from requiring their patrons to be vaccinated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcc1025 said:

1 hour ago, Scottee25 said:

Abbott has already said he fully intends to sign a bill prohibiting business that do business in Texas from requiring their patrons to be vaccinated. 

And here ya go ... as I said carnival lawyers talked to texas lawyers before this announcement..  though I get the impression posters here hope for drama.

20210607_203735658.jpeg

• Like 1

Tic Toc

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

And here ya go ... as I said carnival lawyers talked to texas lawyers before this announcement..  though I get the impression posters here hope for drama.

20210607_203735658.jpeg

I am sure you can understand some of the confusion this is causing for people. Personally I am not overly concerned about whether or not the cruise lines can require vaccines. The ports of call can definitely require them so if ports require them then it may not make sense for those without vaccines from sailing unless they are content staying on the ship the entire time. 

55 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

I am sure you can understand some of the confusion this is causing for people. Personally I am not overly concerned about whether or not the cruise lines can require vaccines. The ports of call can definitely require them so if ports require them then it may not make sense for those without vaccines from sailing unless they are content staying on the ship the entire time. 

If a port of call requires a vaccine any person that is not vaccinated will not be able to sail.  The ship must certify that they are carrying vaccinated passengers and crew in order to enter the country’s waters, anchor or dock and then disembark. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

20210607_203735658.jpeg

Yes, I posted this article from the Texas Tribune last night.  

• Thanks 1

As hakimr said the ship wouldnt sail to that port. You would have a change of ports. People who post the ship will visit ports only some on the ship can visit imo are the armchair experts who are confusing you. If you cant tell which people are making things up as maybe they want it in their imagination maybe stick with only official information. 

I dont have any ports I think are in danger of being closed to covid. If I had caymans on my routes that's one I might worry about. Cant reach the ABCs from Galveston so dont follow them.

Until the cruiselines say you dont have to book thru them for excursions, wait, dont book private excursions. Once the cso expires nov 1, things will be less regulated imo.

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

The ship must certify that they are carrying vaccinated passengers and crew in order to enter the country’s waters, anchor or dock and then disembark. 

Yes, I suspect that this (ports of call requirements) is what is causing the scramble to rearrange some itineraries at the last minute.  So far, I have had 2 change of itineraries in the past 24 hours.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Does that conflict with the new law?  Now I'm confused.  Does it apply to state funded businesses or all businesses?  

https://ktrh.iheart.com/content/2021-06-08-abbott-signs-law-prohibiting-vaccine-passports/

5 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I did this? When? 

Maybe I took it wrong. Clearly carnival says they looked at the new law and it does not conflict with vaccinated cruises. I think people want it to conflict so they can attack texas like they do florida.

Sorry. Glad you and I agree. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Does that conflict with the new law?  Now I'm confused.  Does it apply to state funded businesses or all businesses?  

https://ktrh.iheart.com/content/2021-06-08-abbott-signs-law-prohibiting-vaccine-passports/

It states you cant ask for state funding if you ask for vaccinated status. That's the punishment for asking. No state funding. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

It states you cant ask for state funding if you ask for vaccinated status. That's the punishment for asking. No state funding. 

Since the cruise lines don't receive state funding are they allowed to ask?   NCL just announced they are sailing out of Florida with only fully vaccinated passengers.  I wonder how they will go around FL law?

56 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Since the cruise lines don't receive state funding are they allowed to ask?   NCL just announced they are sailing out of Florida with only fully vaccinated passengers.  I wonder how they will go around FL law?

Since there is nothing in the law that says they can't require proof of vaccination, just that they will be fined for doing so, I suspect they will ask for verification, get fined, and then when they have been harmed by the law will challenge it in court.

• Thanks 1

So people just don't want to be asked, or people who have not gotten shots want to sail anyway? They might want to consider that once outside of FL or TX most of the ports that these ships sail to will be requiring proof of vaccines before you can come ashore. So you may be signing up for a seven day boat ride. I can't imagine going on a cruise if I didn't get vaccinated, and cant imagine there are very many who would. I think a lot of this is just the governors pumping the chest and trying to get press. 

Just now, chengkp75 said:

Since there is nothing in the law that says they can't require proof of vaccination, just that they will be fined for doing so, I suspect they will ask for verification, get fined, and then when they have been harmed by the law will challenge it in court.

Oh I see.  Yes this could happen I suppose.  NCL's Del Rio thinks he can work something out with the governor of FL to allow them to ask for proof of vaccines. 

7 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

They might want to consider that once outside of FL or TX most of the ports that these ships sail to will be requiring proof of vaccines before you can come ashore. 

I'm out of Galveston and have read there are no ports requiring vaccinations I'm going to. Can you name one requiring vaccinations? 

John heald over on carnival continues to say my vista is a go july 3rd. Today he named CDs. Later today he will tell Galveston their protocols he says. 

20210608_092945539.jpeg