The Daily for Tuesday Jun 08, 2021

richwmn

@cat shepard, my  in laws  lived  in  Ft Lauderdale  for  many  years  and  we  would  drive  down  from  NY  with  our  children 2  or  3  times  a  year. We  were  once  there  in  August. Oh  my. I  thought  NY  in  August  was  awful  but  I  had  NO idea  what  heat/humidity  could be  like. I  went  to  the  store  of  groceries  for  DMIL  and  was  standing  in  line  when  a  very  nice  woman  asked  if  I  was  ok. I  had  been  in  the  store  20  minutes  or  so  and  was still  sweating  profusely,glasses  steaming,etc. My  strong  accent  probably  gave  me  away  when  I  replied  that  I  was  just  HOT and  she  laughed. She  told  me  it  takes  some  getting  used  to Florida  summers!              Terry

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone. I will certainly celebrate best friends. I have three long time very best friends .

Sam’s condition is improving. He can now move all four arms and lift both legs and the nurse in charge doesn’t notice any slurring in his speech. What’s so frustrating is not a single MD has called me. Not the surgeon, the resident surgeon who I gave permission for the surgery to, or the neurologist in charge. His nurse today said she will have them call me after rounds. It’s frustrating and scary not knowing what is actually happening and what his recovery prognosis is. They have ordered PT and OT at his bedside. Not sure about speech therapy.  I will probably be able to get vaccinated this weekend.

Carol

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, kazu said:

E60AB0B4-B4CE-4A11-9DFA-3ECFE5D7E9E3.jpeg.1677045c9a297746fb9acab3183a629c.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷 

Kazu,  I am so thankful for items like the above that you post!  They really make my day.

Charles

• Like 18

Hi first time poster on HAL.

My TA sent me some information and deals on the new Pinnacle class ship Rotterdam for the Carribbean in April 2023.

We have 5 cruises booked on P&O/ RCG for 2021/ 2022 but nothing yet for 2023 so I hope you don't mind me chipping in as family have sailed a few times on HAL so I'm interested in what is being said and this thread seems to be interesting.

It is 72°F in our back garden in England and I'm sunbathing and looking at cruise deals.

Regards Graham.

IMG_20210608_145654.jpg

• Like 31

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

My TA sent me some information and deals on the new Pinnacle class ship Rotterdam for the Carribbean in April 2023.

We have 5 cruises booked on P&O/ RCG for 2021/ 2022 but nothing yet for 2023 so I hope you don't mind me chipping in as family have sailed a few times on HAL so I'm interested in what is being said and this thread seems to be interesting.

It is 72°F in our back garden in England and I'm sunbathing and looking at cruise deals.

Regards Graham.

IMG_20210608_145654.jpg

Welcome to the Daily and the HAL board 🙂 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ChaCr said:

Kazu,  I am so thankful for items like the above that you post!  They really make my day.

Charles

Awww - thanks and I’m happy to hear that 🙂 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Regards Graham.

IMG_20210608_145654.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Sun bathing in England? Really? 🧐

(okay, I see a shadow.)

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Just now, TiogaCruiser said:

Welcome aboard!

Sun bathing in England? Really? 🧐

(okay, I see a shadow.)

Pauline and I  were in the English Lake District last week and it was 77°F.

Living on the North East coast of England our weather can be 4 season's in 1 day.

Screenshot_20210531_124046_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 29

Good morning. As always, thanks for the Daily! A request for prayers for our neighbor's girlfriend, please. We learned last night that she was crossing the street Sat. evening and was hit by a young man driving at a high rate of speed, who then fled. Her name is Lynny Poell. She is 26 and last we heard she is in critical care and non-responsive. Her family believes in the power of prayer, and we know that it moves through this thread regularly.

Stay safe and healthy. Hope everyone has a great day.

Lori & George

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  How appropriate it's Best Friends Day as my bestie from Ohio is visiting for the month.  My poison would be a Bahama Mama at the Lido Pool, on the Ocean. Bought face masks from 4Oceans who uses the money to clean up the Oceans.  Loved Henny Youngman's sense of humor.  The meal sounds good but will skip the Arugula. 

Have not been to today's port, looking forward to the photo's.

Major prayers and virtual hugs to our care list.  Toasts to the celebration list.

Stay safe, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Negroni:

The Negroni is a popular Italian cocktail, made of one part gin, one part vermouth rosso, and one part Campari, garnished with orange peel. It is considered an apéritif. A traditionally made Negroni is stirred, not shaken, and built over ice in an old-fashioned or rocks glass and garnished with a slice of orange. Wikipedia

Ingredients:
1 oz (1 part) Campari,
1 oz (1 part) Gin,
1 oz (1 part) Sweet red Vermouth
Preparation: Stir into glass over ice, garnish and serve.
Served: On the rocks
Standard garnish: Orange peel
Drinkware: Old Fashioned glass

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 8.01.04 AM.png

Sounds like it is worth a try.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, VintageGeo said:

Good morning. As always, thanks for the Daily! A request for prayers for our neighbor's girlfriend, please. We learned last night that she was crossing the street Sat. evening and was hit by a young man driving at a high rate of speed, who then fled. Her name is Lynny Poell. She is 26 and last we heard she is in critical care and non-responsive. Her family believes in the power of prayer, and we know that it moves through this thread regularly.

Lori & George

Oh, how awful.  Prayers coming your way.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t made it here to post for several days.  I do read everything each and every day.  Many prayers go for all of those on the care list.  It is amazing how supportive this “family” has become!

My best friend is a long time friend of over 64 years.  We met as sophomores in high school!  We have shared lots over those many years.  I even introduced her husband to her.

Today is an appointment with Edward Jones advisor.  I have 4 cruises booked and need to figure out the finances of such.  I have the money, just need to determine how to handle.

Another hot, dry, windy day.  Our drought is now considered extreme to exceptional.  We need rain so desperately.  The Colorado River flow affects not only our state but much larger states downstream.

Woodbridge Pinot Grigio is my daily “go-to” wine.  But I have been known to drink the Cabernet.  I do prefer the Robert Mondavi wines in Cabernet—same family of wine, though.

Have a great day everyone.😁🙏🏻🎉🌈

• Like 21

9 minutes ago, VintageGeo said:

Lori & George

Praying this very moment for this young woman. 🙏

St Louis Sal

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, VintageGeo said:

Lori & George

That is terrible news and Pauline and I will definitely say a prayer for Lynny Poell to recover.🙏

Hopefully the person who hit her gets caught and dealt with appropriately.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline and I  were in the English Lake District last week and it was 77°F.

Living on the North East coast of England our weather can be 4 season's in 1 day.

Screenshot_20210531_124046_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Welcome, Graham.   I love the Lake District.  I had a great time there many years ago when traveling with my mom and dad.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, VintageGeo said:

Lori & George

Oh, my!   Of course we'll all pray for Lynny and hope the person who hit her has the courage to step forward and admit guilt.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Welcome @grapau27, this is likely one of the friendliest boards around!

@VintageGeo prayers coming your way for your young neighbour.  We hope the driver will be apprehended and brought to justice.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thanks Gerry.

I usually post on 2 friendly threads on P&O and RCG and I'm delighted to be welcomed here.

I had a heart attack in December 2019 and had 1 stent fitted then got covid19 in November 2020 and thankfully have had 2 Pfizer vaccine jabs now and looking forward to cruising again soon.

My wife Pauline gets her second Astrazeneca jab tomorrow.

We celebrate 40 years of marriage in August.

Graham.

• Like 21

Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmn, and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists.😊 I appreciate all who contribute to this site.

🚢Next year, our Noordam cruise will visit Shimizu, Japan. Looking forward to seeing photos from others.

💗 Spaghetti especially with seafood. 

My Best Friend ( husband) indulges me in being silly!

🙏 Prayers for all in need. 🙏

Katie

Oh...if I could only learn to pack lightly! 🙃

0_FB_IMG_1574862456195.jpg

0_FB_IMG_1572263574765.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

Welcome, Graham.   I love the Lake District.  I had a great time there many years ago when traveling with my mom and dad.  

Thank you dfish.

We live 100 miles from Keswick and visit the Lake District regularly.

Graham.

IMG_20210528_163148.jpg

IMG_20210530_142207.jpg

IMG_20210528_161524.jpg

IMG_20210530_103900.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 26

The Negroni is a great cocktail! I like to use 2 parts of gin in mine....

We are still in the midst of a streak of 90F plus weather so I will be taking @kazu's advice and pace myself with the garden work. Maybe I should go canoeing instead. 

There have been lots of Damselflies in the gardens lately. I got a shot of this guy this morning -

20210608_090127.thumb.jpg.a31c62d7ece190b8a6c13deccc6af06f.jpg

If Google is reliable, it is a Rambur's Forktail - lime green head and bright blue tail. 

• Like 21

20 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

I haven’t made it here to post for several days.  I do read everything each and every day.  Many prayers go for all of those on the care list.  It is amazing how supportive this “family” has become!

My best friend is a long time friend of over 64 years.  We met as sophomores in high school!  We have shared lots over those many years.  I even introduced her husband to her.

Today is an appointment with Edward Jones advisor.  I have 4 cruises booked and need to figure out the finances of such.  I have the money, just need to determine how to handle.

Another hot, dry, windy day.  Our drought is now considered extreme to exceptional.  We need rain so desperately.  The Colorado River flow affects not only our state but much larger states downstream.

Woodbridge Pinot Grigio is my daily “go-to” wine.  But I have been known to drink the Cabernet.  I do prefer the Robert Mondavi wines in Cabernet—same family of wine, though.

Have a great day everyone.😁🙏🏻🎉🌈

Good morning everyone. Prayers going out to those in need.

I also met my best friend 64 years ago! As life got in the way and we were separated by a thousand miles, we always kept in touch at birthdays and Christmas. I had not seen her for 22 years when she came to my surprise birthday party! After that we  and our DHs took cruises together (one of them a most wonderful 20 day Med cruise on the Noordam). We chat at least once a week and try to get together once a year.....wish we lived closer!

Thanks everyone for the daily!

• Like 21