Has anyone forgot about the Oasis ?

Still sitting off the southwest coast of Bimini Island near the Bahamas. No mention of movement to go north to Bayonne NJ to begin test cruises like some of the others in the fleet have been featured for July and August.  She was to begin operating out of Bayonne in May with stops at Port Canaveral , Nassau and Co-Co Cay. August sailings were cancelled three weeks ago. The way cancellations have been coming up, they seem to be getting posted close to two months in advance. If the Bayonne season gets scrapped for 2021 then the Oasis is going to be looking for a new port to call home until the dust settles. Opinions and views always welcomed, of course !

14 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

They canceled July and August Oasis from Bayonne. We made final payment on our September cruise so who knows🧐

Same here we are set to sail on Oasis in September and have paid in full too.    Hoping they start test sailings for Oasis in July or August.      I imagine they want to see how the test and other summer sailings go in Florida and TX before they commit to other US ports.    Fingers and toes crossed they go well so we can enjoy sailing out of Bayonne. 

49 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

They canceled July and August Oasis from Bayonne. We made final payment on our September cruise so who knows🧐

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here we are set to sail on Oasis in September and have paid in full too.    Hoping they start test sailings for Oasis in July or August.      I imagine they want to see how the test and other summer sailings go in Florida and TX before they commit to other US ports.    Fingers and toes crossed they go well so we can enjoy sailing out of Bayonne. 

We're booked B2B On Oasis, September 5th and 12th. Fiingers crossed we really need this.

• Like 1

We’re booked B2B 10/10 &10/17/21. Last week I thought they had a good chance of sailing but now with the new Oasis cancellations thru 8/31/21 not sure if they would bring the ship to Bayonne for 8 sailings. 

I'm booked for Oasis in September and after the last round of cancellations pushing all the way up to Aug 29, I'm skeptical they'll bring the Oasis up the entire east coast for just 2 months worth of sailings.  It's also a bad omen that they cancelled the entirety of the Freedom of the Seas cruises out of Bayonne already too.

49 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

I'm booked for Oasis in September and after the last round of cancellations pushing all the way up to Aug 29, I'm skeptical they'll bring the Oasis up the entire east coast for just 2 months worth of sailings.  It's also a bad omen that they cancelled the entirety of the Freedom of the Seas cruises out of Bayonne already too.

I completely agree. If any more cruises are canceled for Oasis, I think the odds will be very bad for any cruises at all this fall. And I wonder what the next step will be. Will this ship just stay in Florida? I’m not to happy to L&S again, even though we got a great price last year. I am losing interest in playing this game...

Just read on a different sight that the Celebrity Millenium has 600 fully VACCINATED passengers on board that sailed from St. Marteen. As fate would have it 2 PASSENGERS have tested positive for the virus and are quarantined. Wait till this hits the media let alone the stringent CDC regulations that were followed. Oh man...can we ever get a break !

17 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Just read on a different sight that the Celebrity Millenium has 600 fully VACCINATED passengers on board that sailed from St. Marteen. As fate would have it 2 PASSENGERS have tested positive for the virus and are quarantined. Wait till this hits the media let alone the stringent CDC regulations that were followed. Oh man...can we ever get a break !

Yeah, shouldn't be big Deal. Vaccinated or not, bound to happen. Was detected during required end Cruise Test(less then 72hrs). They are from same Cabin and both Asymptomatic. Ship left with 3 Dr and 11 Nurses even though only carrying 30% Capacity, having whole area of Cabins to Quarantine if anyone tests positive

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

They are bringing Ovation across the Pacific for less than 2 months of Alaska sailings.  Bringing Oasis up the east coast is trivial in comparison.  If New Jersey and the CDC let them sail, they will sail.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

I think its the ports committing to them. New jersey is over the top with covid restrictions.

Not so much anymore.  Restaurants, churches, and other venues are open at 100%.   Masks are required for those not vaxxed, but it's on the honor system.  Just spent a relaxing day in AC, although frustrating with the contribution that I made, and the same requirements as mentioned in my prior statement.

Hoping that my Oasis Sept 6th comes off.

With so many changes and lots of new information, I’ve missed whether these initial cruises are all sailing at 100% capacity. I know the Celebrity cruise wasn’t. Does anyone know what RC has planned?  Testing and getting results for thousands of passengers on a ship like Oasis would take a  long time....

23 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

With so many changes and lots of new information, I’ve missed whether these initial cruises are all sailing at 100% capacity.

No, though I don't think RCI published a capacity limit figure, which likely to change with each ship and date.

The "Hopefully" in the statement this week is a little foreboding, but it also means Royal is actively trying to get the fall sailings going out of Bayonne. I am crossing my fingers for the 10/24 sailing. We shall see. 

• Like 1