MedallionPay - Shipboard or Shoreside (Huh)?

Cool_Dude

On the MedallionClass app, in the Travel Checklist section, when you open the "MedalionPay" it lists "Shipboard" and "Shoreside".'

Okay, I understand "shipboard" and the importance (to Princess) of having your CC information but what is Shoreside? Why would Princess need my CC info when I am off the ship? Any ideas?

thanks

5 minutes ago, Cool_Dude said:

Why would Princess need my CC info when I am off the ship? Any ideas?

There will be a select group of shops and dining venues on certain islands that will accept Medallion Pay. The app mentions that you'll get 5% back on shoreside Medallion purchases.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

There will be a select group of shops and dining venues on certain islands that will accept Medallion Pay. The app mentions that you'll get 5% back on shoreside Medallion purchases.

Okay, thanks. I thought it might have something to do with PC owned islands. As my cruise is Alaskan out of Seattle in August, I doubt there are any islands/beaches owned up there.😁

I've selected the onboard option and entered my credit card info - twice. I can see no indication that the information was retained. One would expect to see some sort of verification that the card info has been successfully entered. All I see is the same option to do the process over again.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I've selected the onboard option and entered my credit card info - twice. I can see no indication that the information was retained. One would expect to see some sort of verification that the card info has been successfully entered. All I see is the same option to do the process over again.

Thanks for bringing this up. I just looked and see a green checkmark for items I completed. 
i don’t enter my passport or payment details until final payment. 
I did not see that lock on the app. Form asking for credit card.

Is it secure?

there is a box to check agreeing to let cruise line store my information. 

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

Same here, sort of. We have four trips listed in the App. For the first one, this November, the MedallionPay info is there, and we have three green checkmarks (out of 5), including the MedallionPay checkmark. For the second trip in February, the MedallionPay info is also correctly entered, but we have only one green checkmark, with the MedallionPay still unchecked. I doubt it's a bug, as the App is otherwise such a wonderfully crafted piece of software 🤣