Norwegian Breakaway Alcohol Question

mbottoms66

Definitely O'Sheehans.

They have a few drafts available. On our last cruise they offered draft Heineken, Newcastle Brown and Stella. They also have a wide selection of bottled and canned brews to choose from. They used to have a small breakfast buffet setup also but Im not sure that will survive Covid restrictions. You should still be able to order a bite from the regular menu.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Newcastle draft ale.... Yes!!  Two cruises ago O'Sheehans would serve me 24 oz draft Newcastles.  The waiter on my last cruise said they didn't have those any more, but he assured me that he would keep me stocked.  He did! 🍺

That's what happens when you "grease the waiter's palms".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

It's okay.  They don't let me anywhere near the bridge any more.

You know, if you sail on Windstar they have an open bridge policy.  You might still have a chance. 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HuliHuli said:

You know, if you sail on Windstar they have an open bridge policy.  You might still have a chance. 🙃

Oh gosh. Open bars, an open bridge and @CaptainWoodyall on the same ship? Talk about a disaster waiting to happen!

Edited by texasaggies
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How dare you all have a beer discussion without me!  LOL   I agree that the Local/O'Sheehans is a great place.  Last time I was on (Feb 2020) the beers listed on draft were still the same.  They don't have a lot pouring, but it is a solid selection.  I wonder why I have never seen a 24oz pour.  My guess is they would be afraid I would take it as a challenge.  

• Haha 2

How dare you all have a beer discussion without having a MIMOSA discussion??!!  It's  a wonderful start to any day. You can even bring your own free sparkling wine  and they'll just bring the OJ... OJ is likely more costly than the sparkling wine.... but hey, who cares... it's all good.  Wine... beer... sunrise... all a lovely way to start your day... enjoy. 

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, oteixeira said:

How dare you all have a beer discussion without me!  LOL   I agree that the Local/O'Sheehans is a great place.  Last time I was on (Feb 2020) the beers listed on draft were still the same.  They don't have a lot pouring, but it is a solid selection.  I wonder why I have never seen a 24oz pour.  My guess is they would be afraid I would take it as a challenge.  

Our bad Rat Pack master brewer. Both @CaptainWoody& I deserve 50 rat tail lashings.  It'll never happen again. The Local/O'Sheehans sounds like my kind of place and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I think RCI has The Brewhouse? I've only sailed with NCL once (when I was a kid). It was on the old Sunward II out of Miami. That tells you how long ago it was. But, I'm looking forward to sailing NCL's newer/bigger ships. RCI's also (and CCL's for that matter, lol).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

I'm really looking forward to this District Brew House on Encore.  DW won't touch a beer but my daughter will join me.  The beer menu looks "interesting." 🍺

Yeah, the District Brew House. That's what I was thinking about. I know RCI has their version, I just can't remember the name at the moment.

That's cool 😎 that your daughter is old enough (of legal drinking age) to join you in a beer. My youngest son (Colin) turns 21 this August, so I'd love to do that with him. Wasn't able to do it with my older son (Ryan) who is now 23.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CaptainWoody said:

LOL.  Is that an intentional oxy-moron brother rat? 🤣

Truth, but clausthaler is pretty decent and Germany has some great options.  I'll stay sober to drive the Ratmobile for getaways 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1