Future Cruise Credit Transfer

judatt

Every few years we enjoy going on a cruise with our kids and grandchildren. The best part for them is that grandpa pays!  We had one of these family cruises scheduled and booked for the first week of August 2020. Obviously, this cruise was cancelled. For most cabins (balconies) we received a refund. However, there was one inside cabin that had 3 in it that was not eligible for a refund. So there were 3 future cruise credits issued in the names of the occupants. I actually paid the deposits with my credit card. So, we’ve got 3 fcc’s out there for $250 each with no plans to reschedule a family cruise for a couple of years. My wife and I will be cruising several times in the near future including the Jun26 cruise out of FLL. Is there  a possibility of getting those credits changed to my name so we could use them on one of our cruises?  Any direction you might give us would be appreciated. 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I believe Celebrity changed the rules for FCCs recently and you can transfer a FCC to another person.  I suggest you call Celebrity for assistance on making the change. We 

Yes, but I believe they can only be transferred to someone on the same booking.

Thought I’d close the loop on this stream. As lobsternignt advised, I contacted the engagement center. Talked to a very nice, helpful lady there who said that indeed the rules had changed and FCC could be transferred under certain circumstances. Our situation did qualify.  However, i couldn’t make the request but my daughter had to make the request to transfer to me. She could make the request on her behalf as well as for her 2 daughters (my granddaughters) who were both minors at the time we booked. My daughter sent the email yesterday so we will see how long it takes. Thanks everyone for the good input. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, judatt said:

Thought I’d close the loop on this stream. As lobsternignt advised, I contacted the engagement center. Talked to a very nice, helpful lady there who said that indeed the rules had changed and FCC could be transferred under certain circumstances. Our situation did qualify.  However, i couldn’t make the request but my daughter had to make the request to transfer to me. She could make the request on her behalf as well as for her 2 daughters (my granddaughters) who were both minors at the time we booked. My daughter sent the email yesterday so we will see how long it takes. Thanks everyone for the good input. 

Keep us posted, I am in the same boat....pun intended.

Similar situation - great results!!! 

We were supposed to go in a few weeks with 17 year old son.  DH and I rescheduled for late summer 2022.  Our son should be in college then and unable to go with us.  I assumed we would lose his NRF deposit value. 

However, talking to our CVP, he told me we could transfer son's FCC.  He sent me info on who to contact and all relevant info to include in the request for the FCC to be transferred to me instead.  Within 3 or 4 days of emailing our request, I received confirmation that our son's deposit FCC was in my name and applied, along with my original FCC, to our new booking!!!

I also have 6 FCC's after our Family Cruise was cancelled, I hope that Celebrity will transfer the FCC's over to me. I paid for the cruise. Not sure if the UK will do this, but hope they will.

Will contact my TA once we see if this works.