Peloton on Silhouette

38anchor

Sailing UK Staycation cruise in a few weeks and believe Celebrity now have Peloton spin bikes on some of their ships. Does anyone know if they put any on the Silhouette as part of the revolutionised refit?

31 minutes ago, 38anchor said:

Sailing UK Staycation cruise in a few weeks and believe Celebrity now have Peloton spin bikes on some of their ships. Does anyone know if they put any on the Silhouette as part of the revolutionised refit?

If I recall correctly the entire R process on Silhouette has NOT been completed. It was last in dry dock but I believe the hull was just repainted and some other cosmetic changes were made. I don't think the interior changes were completed, however. Maybe a crew member could answer for you.

1 hour ago, 38anchor said:

According to X, which could be wrong, yes

image.png.596c37beb85bafeeba5c0a7b4aefc725.png

I will be on the Edge in July, and we have heard you can reserve time on the Peloton bikes by checking in at the Spa.  However, I have not been able to find out about cycling shoes, do the bikes have the Peloton Delta style pedals, cages, or the standard SPD clips?  

Does the streaming work on the ships internet or is it laggy and buffer constantly?  I will have a 30 week streak going and don't want to miss my PowerZone rides while cruising, especially with all the extra food I will be consuming.

3 minutes ago, colliece said:

I will be on the Edge in July, and we have heard you can reserve time on the Peloton bikes by checking in at the Spa.  However, I have not been able to find out about cycling shoes, do the bikes have the Peloton Delta style pedals, cages, or the standard SPD clips?  

Does the streaming work on the ships internet or is it laggy and buffer constantly?  I will have a 30 week streak going and don't want to miss my PowerZone rides while cruising, especially with all the extra food I will be consuming.

I don't know the answer for certain; so please wait on others who can speak more intelligently but common sense to me says they use cages.  I'd be shocked if they have clipless pedals.  Just too much variety and the thought of messing with rental shoes would be nightmare.  Just my thoughts.

Edited by Team Stag

7 minutes ago, colliece said:

They are cages

https://www.inthelooptravel.com/adventures/new-cruise-ship-celebrity-edge-takes-fitness-to-the-next-level

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 39august said:

Silhoutte had its full refurbishment. It was Equinox that only got a partial.  

Thanks. It's my rusty memory that could use a refurbishment. I was going by the schedule from a year ago when everything got shut down.

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Since Peloton cages clip onto the pedal the same as the shoes do, it should be easy to unclip the cages and use your own shoes (if you have them). Since I am not worried about luggage allowance (benefit of UK staycation cruise) I may just take my Peloton shoes in the hope they a) have a bike onboard and b) they allow me to unclip cages and use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The Peloton bikes on Edge, as well as those at most hotels, have cages on one side and SPD pedals on the other. Same on Millennium - I had a friend on the June 5 sailing take a picture and send it to me. I'm sailing on June 19 and wanted to know if I should take my spin shoes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used the Peloton bikes on Edge. No problem with the WiFi because Edge had some of the fastest internet I have ever used on a ship. I believe the other ships that have been referb. have improved WiFi too since you can use your smart phone to control the TV or stream videos. 

On 6/14/2021 at 1:05 PM, colliece said:

The Peletons had cages that I used. There may have been clips on other side of pedals. I did use the SPD shoes in the Cycle room that they had available with disinfectant spray to use afterwards. I preferred the regular Spin bikes over the Peletons but it was my first time riding one.