Meet & Mingles

I just received word from RCCL that meet and mingles have been suspended under the healthy sail protocols. My sailing is 11/20/21 on Symphony. I guess I will have to plan something else for my group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I wouldn't mind if they canceled them permanently.  They have been pretty awful of late.  The informal gatherings, IMO, tend to be much more interesting.  YMMV

Ditto this

• Like 1

They are boring.  Maybe Royal could look into changing the way they handle M&G.  MSC has a much better system.  Lots of Officers that go around and spend quality time with people, group picture, special cake, snacks on each table, variety of drinks etc.  

I used to really enjoy the "official" meet and mingles.  I haven't sailed with Royal too much recently, but the last 4 or 5, dating back to 2014/2015, the roll calls were really weak and the meet and mingle even worse. I much prefer the night before cruise gatherings and/or random informal on the ship.  Although I liked idea that one day I would actually win a prize.  

I have found the M&M Royal puts together are only as good as those that participate in the Roll calls. This makes it easier for everyone to have a common place to meet without everyone that isn’t involved making things confusing.

just my 2 cents.

Erika

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I wouldn't mind if they canceled them permanently.  They have been pretty awful of late.  The informal gatherings, IMO, tend to be much more interesting.  YMMV

Cancel the cabin crawls too,  nothing like herds of drunk guests blocking the hallway outside your door.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sargeswife said:

I just received word from RCCL that meet and mingles have been suspended under the healthy sail protocols. My sailing is 11/20/21 on Symphony. I guess I will have to plan something else for my group.

I read this somewhere else and wasnt totally surprised. Rcl has its hands full. We haven't been cancelled and I only signed up a few weeks back for dec 12. .but wouldnt be upset if its cancelled. My roll call was urging us to register.

23 minutes ago, crazyank said:

Cancel the cabin crawls too,  nothing like herds of drunk guests blocking the hallway outside your door.

I've never been drunk on a cabin crawl. I've seen others have a drink but never noticed people drunk.

..though I'm unlucky and never won a prize. Not once and I've been to quite a few. 

18 hours ago, Cigar King said:

18 hours ago, molly361 said:

Ditto this

18 hours ago, RFerrington said:

+1 more

If you don't like the Meet & Mingles then don't sign up for them.

I personally enjoy them but understand why they have been cancelled for now but I hope they will return in the future.  I like being able to put a face to the name of someone I have been chatting to in the Roll Call.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, crazyank said:

In fairness, the cabin crawls are organized by the participants, not Royal.  If a group wants to do them, why spoil the fun?

• Thanks 1