Mardi Gras Specialty Dining theory…..

Jthomasou

7 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

Well, heck! For whatever it’s worth, I think there will be dinner options. I’m eyeing the roasted duck personally. 

Not sure the roasted duck is included (free).  It has two $ at the end...

11 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's why I took the Carnival blinders off years ago and cruised on other lines that were a better value to me.  The first reason I came back to Carnival was because of the Havana area on the Horizon.  And now the second reason is what is being offered on the two Excellence Class ships.  All of the smaller ships in the fleet are permanently in my rear view mirror.

The Edge Class on Celebrity,  the Prima Class on NCL, the Seaside EVO Class on MSC are all examples of ships that I see value in.  

It has nothing to do with blinders. Values are subjective. The only reason to pay extra for Havana  is because > 95%  should be vaccinated - more than the 95%  on the rest of the ship.

33 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

It has nothing to do with blinders. Values are subjective. The only reason to pay extra for Havana  is because > 95%  should be vaccinated - more than the 95%  on the rest of the ship.

I chose to pay extra for the Havana section on the Horizon in 2018 and 2019 because I did not want kids in the area.   Had zero to do with vaccinations since it was preCovid.  Values are indeed subjective, but if you have blinders on and don't know what else is available for your vacation dollar, then you are doing yourself a disservice.  Many Loyal Royals fall into this category as well as some that think that Carnival does no wrong.

I'm not sure what I fall under. I did vista once before but was with a friend and busy. Tbh I've learned a lot about carnival and rcl during covid lol. I didnt even know I was diamond on royal or about amenities or the 340 pt solo discount. Reading about all the food choices on mardi gras, color me officially jealous. Covid has given me time at home to learn a lot more about cruising. You can learn a lot on these message boards.

Remembering our first few cruises in 1994. In the MDR the NY strip was excellent. I told the waiter I could eat another one of these. He said you can have as many as you would like. I was totally shocked. Another at the table ordered three helpings of escargot. Another two helpings of Clams. Needless to say. The steaks in the MDR now are no where near the quality they were. So as they say. If people keep paying the price, why lower it.