Nextcruise worth it?

14 minutes ago, cfabar1 said:

Has there been any change with this? From what I can tell NEXT Cruise really isn’t worth it.

It's worth it to me to only pay $100 deposit and to have the ability to move the cruise without penalty within 60 days of the booking. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

It's worth it to me to only pay $100 deposit and to have the ability to move the cruise without penalty within 60 days of the booking. 

I agree and the onboard credit is also a nice perk.  😀  I always do my homework ahead of time so that I know what to expect and then I transfer it to my TA when I get home.

34 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Does this also apply to suites?

Before we go on a cruise, we research cruises.  If we’re interested in a particular cruise, I write down the info. The advantage is if you don’t want to put down a large deposit.  For example, we booked an 18-night cruise with only $100 pp deposit, and we also received $200 OBC when we take that cruise.

My SIL wanted to book that cruise, but she had to find a friend who wanted to share a SR with her, so she didn’t book onboard.  Two weeks later, a friend wanted to go on the cruise with her.  They each had to put a $450 deposit and received no OBC.

Nextcruise great.  We leave a smaller deposit and get onboard credits.  You can also transfer the booking within 30 days to a travel agent of your choice and if they offer additional perks get those. If the prices decrease and you or your TA notify Royal they will lower the price.

Also gives you something to look forward to in the future

14 hours ago, cfabar1 said:

Has there been any change with this? From what I can tell NEXT Cruise really isn’t worth it.

The only time we book onboard with Next Cruise is if a release we want to book is imminent, and we get the coupon so it can be booked when it comes out.  The shipboard credit is nice, but you have to be accurate in the timing of a new release.  It’s rare we book onboard, because we book when new releases come out and if that isn’t the best price, we price-adjust. 

4 hours ago, barbeyg said:

The only time we book onboard with Next Cruise is if a release we want to book is imminent, and we get the coupon so it can be booked when it comes out.  The shipboard credit is nice, but you have to be accurate in the timing of a new release.  It’s rare we book onboard, because we book when new releases come out and if that isn’t the best price, we price-adjust. 

I totally think it varies on the deals that are out there on the Royal site at the time of your sailing.  I just thought in May I haven't cruised in 3 years let me check to see what's happening.  99% of the time we don't book onboard but were on Symphony in Mid May and booked an 8 night Odyssey in February in Junior Suite for $200 deposit and received $650 of onboard credit.  That was a win so we booked that.  It might be worth it to check to see what the offers are on a sailing to not possibly miss something.