Sail Safe update?

coastcat

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

No reason to suspect that any of those requirements would be in place as long as passengers and crew are vaccinated. Even the current CDC framework for returning to sailing says that none of those things are required if 95% of crew and passengers are vaccinated.

Depends upon how the CDC and Florida resolve their impasse.  The good thing is my cruise is out of NOLA but Louisiana isn't immune to attacks of the raging dumb ass.

On all three of our upcoming NCL cruises, we will wear masks, practice social distancing as much as possible and we welcome capacity restrictions in restaurants and other onboard venues. We will also be mindful on which excursions we take. Please don’t waste your time with a come back. You do you (I respect that) and we’ll do us. Enjoy your cruise everyone and we’ll certainly enjoy ours. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

Do these Sail Safe guidelines mean everyone that is going on the Alaska cruises will have to be tested?  

According to their website, antigen test for everyone prior to boarding...currently. This may change, of course. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Do you wear a mask when riding in your car?

Before I was vaccinated, I was in the car once with a mask on because I was going from one store to the next, doing some grocery shopping and then grabbing something at target, which was just down the road. Instead of taking my mask off, putting it somewhere in the car where it could have gotten dirty, etc, I elected to keep it on for a whopping 5 minutes while in the car. 

When I got out of the car, some person walking in the parking lot gave me hell about it. Must have been you. 

Doesn't take much to be kind to someone and who cares who wears a mask in the car, or chooses to wear it out of caution? It's not hurting you in any way, let it be. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Before I was vaccinated, I was in the car once with a mask on because I was going from one store to the next, doing some grocery shopping and then grabbing something at target, which was just down the road. Instead of taking my mask off, putting it somewhere in the car where it could have gotten dirty, etc, I elected to keep it on for a whopping 5 minutes while in the car. 

When I got out of the car, some person walking in the parking lot gave me hell about it. Must have been you. 

Doesn't take much to be kind to someone and who cares who wears a mask in the car, or chooses to wear it out of caution? It's not hurting you in any way, let it be. 

I have done the exact same thing when just traveling between stores in the same plaza or down the street from each other. Unlike some people, wearing a mask is not pure, unadulterated torture for me, so it was just easier to keep it on instead of taking it off and putting it back on again several times.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

I have done the exact same thing when just traveling between stores in the same plaza or down the street from each other. Unlike some people, wearing a mask is not pure, unadulterated torture for me, so it was just easier to keep it on instead of taking it off and putting it back on again several times.

Exactly. Crazy how some people will judge so quickly and say "Look at that person wearing a mask in the car", it's like calm down, mind your own business lol

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Exactly. Crazy how some people will judge so quickly and say "Look at that person wearing a mask in the car", it's like calm down, mind your own business lol

Agreed.  A couple of weeks ago, I had a business trip with a two coworkers who I barely knew.  All three of us wore our masks when we were in the car and, of course, some idiot made a comment in a parking lot.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dreamcruiser2 said:

Agreed.  A couple of weeks ago, I had a business trip with a two coworkers who I barely knew.  All three of us wore our masks when we were in the car and, of course, some idiot made a comment in a parking lot.  

Agree..and be mindful of us older (and not so much older)  with hearing aids which tend to go flying when I take a mask off..so would leave it on more than risk losing them!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dreamcruiser2 said:

these sort of people are just looking for any reason to be angry at another person due to the pandemic restrictions.  They probably camped out in parking lots, ready to make comments because they have no joy in their soul. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hadacareer said:

Agree..and be mindful of us older (and not so much older)  with hearing aids which tend to go flying when I take a mask off..so would leave it on more than risk losing them!

Same with dangly earrings!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

Do you verify the vaccination status of all your riders?

I know them all well enough that I know who is or isn't vaccinated.  All of us have proudly shown each other our COVID Vaccine cards to each other when we got them.  So, I guess I have seen all of their vaccine cards at one point or another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hadacareer said:

I lost a hearing aid from exactly that.

FWIW, Costco hearing aid employee told me that was a common happening.

Since I no longer wear a mask, that is no longer a problem. 

Just now, graphicguy said:

I know them all well enough that I know who is or isn't vaccinated.  All of us have proudly shown each other our COVID Vaccine cards to each other when we got them.  So, I guess I have seen all of their vaccine cards at one point or another.

Glad to hear that.

I've been vaccinated so I really don't care about the status of others.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Glad to hear that.

I've been vaccinated so I really don't care about the status of others.

I'm fully vaccinated, so when I wear a mask (which is far more often than folks in the USA), I don't do it for my safety, I do it for the safety of others. 

• Like 1

There is always one in the bunch. I guess there is some truth to what they say. Ignorant people don’t know they’re ignorant. What I wear in my car is none of your business and has absolutely nothing to do with this thread or my post. In case you missed it, we are talking about cruising. Thank you! 

• Like 2

I keep anxiously waiting for more news about upcoming cruises, waiting to see the first NCL to actually set sail, so much still uncertain.  We want to sail on fully vaccinated cruise, so have reservations before Nov. 1st.  Have NO problems with wearing masks anywhere anytime.  I appreciate not getting the common cold for over a year now, YIPPEE.  I use to laugh at people solo in a car wearing a mask, but now very much realize, so much easier to keep it on, when making multiple close stops, no harm, no foul.  Just want to safely cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/16/2021 at 2:49 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

I think things may tighten up more before they relax. 8 fully vaccinated crew members of Odysssey of the Seas just tested positive. They were 2 days away from being fully vetted with the vaccine. RCL has cancelled all Odyssey sailings through the end of July. 

Two days away mean they were not fully vaxxed. That is how is see it.

16 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Back in the day when I was masking everywhere per CDC guidelines, I never wore my mask in the car while running errands. The mask dangled from one ear then I quickly replaced it by the ear strap right before I entered a building, never touching the mask itself. Easy peasy.

Edited by coffeebean

14 hours ago, WarfRatWA said:

I'm fully vaccinated, so when I wear a mask (which is far more often than folks in the USA), I don't do it for my safety, I do it for the safety of others. 

So if you've been fully vaccinated and don't have any symptoms the chance of you transmitting the virus to others is very, very, very low.   So who do you think you are protecting?  Unless you are with someone that is immunocompromised, you are not increasing anyone's safety by wearing a mask.  But if it makes you feel good, go for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Just wondering, does anyone know what NCL's strategy is for sailing from Florida with 100% vaccinated passengers? How will NCL verify proof of vaccine with the current Florida law that prohibits requiring vaccine proof?

No one knows yet! That is a hot topic in some of the other cruise line forums for cruise lines that are sailing out of FL sooner than NCL. Celebrity sails on June 26 and as of right now, they have said they do not require proof of vaccination, but only 5% of capacity is allocated to passenger who do not "volunteer" proof of vaccination. So, as of right now it seems that if you show up at port on the day of the sailing and do not "volunteer" your proof of vaccination you will be designated one of the 5%. If you are one of the 5% who makes it on board, you will be subject to frequent COVID testing at your own expense, you will be required to wear a mask at all times outside of your stateroom, and you will be prohibited from entering certain areas of the ship. If you do not "volunteer" your proof of vaccination and the 5% is already full, you get turned away at the pier.

• Like 3