Health & Safety Measures (US Website)

logan25

As expected the only significant benefit for vaccinated passengers is the ability to do your own shore excursions, port country allowing.   Unless MSC designates some special vaccinated only areas everyone will need to follow the on board masking and distancing rules.

The required travel insurance plan for the non-vaccinated comes up different from the quick pdf cost estimate page.  The estimate page shows a cruise costing $2750 would cost $250 for under 75 years old, but when making a booking the cost is $320.

The insurance details read that the MSC plan is secondary and you must file a claim then be reimbursed after the claim is approved. 

http://http:/www.tiny.cc/G452

Edited by Até

Not a fan of mask requirements for vaccinated. I think that is silly but perhaps they have to do that since they are allowing unvaccinated on the ship too (CDC rules).  I much prefer the approach of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity with regards to masks. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Até said:

As expected the only significant benefit for vaccinated passengers is the ability to do your own shore excursions, port country allowing.   Unless MSC designates some special vaccinated only areas everyone will need to follow the on board masking and distancing rules.

The required travel insurance plan for the non-vaccinated comes up different from the quick pdf cost estimate page.  The estimate page shows a cruise costing $2750 would cost $250 for under 75 years old, but when making a booking the cost is $320.

The insurance details read that the MSC plan is secondary and you must file a claim then be reimbursed after the claim is approved. 

http://http:/www.tiny.cc/G452

Where does it say that documented ‘fully vaccinated’ need to be masked.  The restrictions are significantly lessened for vaccinated.  All references to masking follows the details for un vaccinated.

Dennis

Edited by kelleherdl

16 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Where does it say that documented ‘fully vaccinated’ need to be masked.  The restrictions are significantly lessened for vaccinated.  All references to masking follows the details for un vaccinated.

Dennis

Onboard Protocol for Vaccinated (provided proof to MSC when requested):

You will be required to wear a mask throughout the cruise while indoors and in public areas. Mask use is not required outdoors. Where social distancing is not possible outdoors, mask use is recommended for all guests

Edited by logan25

Vaccinated passengers wearing masks, distancing,  etc... is a CDC requirement on all sailings with less than 95% vaccinated passengers and crew.  The only thing MSC could do is create designated areas for vaccinated only,  which would be difficult and so far MSC has not mentioned it. 

2 hours ago, logan25 said:

Onboard Protocol for Vaccinated (provided proof to MSC when requested):

You will be required to wear a mask throughout the cruise while indoors and in public areas. Mask use is not required outdoors. Where social distancing is not possible outdoors, mask use is recommended for all guests

Great so now we need clarity on the word "Recommended."

16 minutes ago, Até said:

Vaccinated passengers wearing masks, distancing,  etc... is a CDC requirement on all sailings with less than 95% vaccinated passengers and crew.  The only thing MSC could do is create designated areas for vaccinated only,  which would be difficult and so far MSC has not mentioned it. 

Not true.  There is one other option.  But the cruiselines are terrified of Ron DeSantis apparently.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

Not true.  There is one other option.  But the cruiselines are terrified of Ron DeSantis apparently.

Not sure why you are saying that when Celebrity is going ahead with fully vaccinated cruises from FL as is Carnival. This is more about cruise lines being able to welcome families and children under 12 than it is about DeSantis. 

• Like 1

We will be cancelling our cruise. Bummed! But not paying thousands to wear mask indoors for hours. CDC said vaccinated people do not need to wear a mask indoors so why is onboard cruise ship different. And will you have to even wear the mask while seated at a table? I’m so disappointed! I’ll check out other cruise lines and make switch

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kidless said:

We will be cancelling our cruise. Bummed! But not paying thousands to wear mask indoors for hours. CDC said vaccinated people do not need to wear a mask indoors so why is onboard cruise ship different. And will you have to even wear the mask while seated at a table? I’m so disappointed! I’ll check out other cruise lines and make switch

Because the CDC said it's only when the cruise is over 95% masked you don't have to wear indoors. Since it appears that MSC is going the test cruise, similarly to Royal, then it's all masks all the time. Likely because the CDC realizes it'd be a fool's errand to try to have non vaccinated people wear masks when vaccinated aren't and have it be followed/enforced - are you going to brand them with big X's on their hands to signify they have to wear a mask?

3 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Because the CDC said it's only when the cruise is over 95% masked you don't have to wear indoors. Since it appears that MSC is going the test cruise, similarly to Royal, then it's all masks all the time. Likely because the CDC realizes it'd be a fool's errand to try to have non vaccinated people wear masks when vaccinated aren't and have it be followed/enforced - are you going to brand them with big X's on their hands to signify they have to wear a mask?

If CDC says vaccinated people do not need to wear a mask indoors on land then why must they on ship. You could easily have all guests wear color coded bracelet to show if vaccinated and unvaccinated. Much like different venues do to show whose 21 and whose not or who bought the package and who didn’t. No masks for vaccinated person is good incentive for people to get vaccinated.  I’m not cruising if I’m required to wear a mask 100% indoors. I don’t need them on land venues anymore not wearing them on trip I’ve spent 1000s of dollars on. #JMO

• Like 3

I have not booked yet and will not with MSC if I have to wear a mask. Both of us are vaccinated and do not plan to vacation and have to start wearing a mask again. Here in NY we are finally able to go mask free.

I will patiently wait and see if this changes. Was hoping to vacation this November on Divina.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, kidless said:

If CDC says vaccinated people do not need to wear a mask indoors on land then why must they on ship. You could easily have all guests wear color coded bracelet to show if vaccinated and unvaccinated. Much like different venues do to show whose 21 and whose not or who bought the package and who didn’t. No masks for vaccinated person is good incentive for people to get vaccinated.  I’m not cruising if I’m required to wear a mask 100% indoors. I don’t need them on land venues anymore not wearing them on trip I’ve spent 1000s of dollars on. #JMO

Probably a combo of it being self contained and limited health care options. No mask at an indoors concert, but you're not at the concert venue for several days and one can easily go to a fully stocked hospital. Bracelets would work (I'm interested to see if Royal tries that) but I'm guessing MSC doesn't want to put employees in charge of enforcing that - easier to just do it across the board. 

I don't disagree with you, though I'm likely not going to cancel my 3 nighter and cross my fingers things change in 3 months. Just spend most of my time on the pool deck. If I book another cruise in 2021 I'll be choosing one that's going the "fully vaccinated" route so I don't have to wear a mask. 

• Like 1

Per ravel requirements, health and safety protocols

"fully vaccinated guest in the booking must provide a copy of your CDC vaccination card up to 48 hours prior to your cruise"

Does this go against FL law by asking for vaccination status? I'm just curious because I don't want to get excited for my cruise only to find out FL law will get in the way.

13 minutes ago, kilkoyne said:

"fully vaccinated guest in the booking must provide a copy of your CDC vaccination card up to 48 hours prior to your cruise"

Does this go against FL law by asking for vaccination status? I'm just curious because I don't want to get excited for my cruise only to find out FL law will get in the way.

I think the cruise lines are taking the it's not required so it's ok stance since the law only bans requiring it. How it shakes out? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Can look to see what happens with the celebrity cruise next week. 

Not happy either about having to wear a mask while fully vaccinated. Things are loosening up here in Chicago, and I don't think I've worn a mask in a store for the past 2 weeks. 

We're scheduled to sail on Meraviglia in October. So sick of having to rebook flights, hotels, etc.  As my husband pointed out, a lot can happen between now and then, so we're going to take a chance and cruise.

• Like 1

MSC encourages everyone to get a vaccination so they may have a "superior" experience on their cruise.

Comparing Fully Vaccinated passenger guidelines and non vaccinated passenger guidelines, they seem

identical. Only difference is having to purchase ship excursions  and have  some type of insurance.  Not too sure those non vaccinated passengers will wear masks when out on their excursions and then return onboard.

This does not sound like a "superior experience" for those who are fully vaccinated.

We really thought MSC would follow other cruise lines and opt for fully vaccinated cruises to ensure they are able to demonstrate safe protocols.

Not having to wear a mask for most of the cruise would be "superior".  Having passengers and crew that are vaccinated would be "superior".

Spending thousands of dollars on cruise just to be wearing a mask most of the time seems foolish.

For those who refuse to get vaccinated,  what makes MSC think they will comply with mask requirements on board??  Pretty sure those non vaccinated passengers will not wear masks around  as they will remind us they are not REQUIRED.  

We are sailing in November on a B2B -15 day cruise.  Final Payment due August 13.  Thats a lot of time and money  to risk hoping guidelines change.  We are now on the fence as to whether we want to cruise then.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kilkoyne said:

Does this go against FL law by asking for vaccination status? 

MSC is only asking for a voluntary response so the passenger can opt out of insurance,  do their own shore excursions, skip the PCR test 48 hours before the sailing and also the test after a 4+ night cruise.  Vaccination is not a condition of service so it doesn't violate the Florida law.

Edited by Até

36 minutes ago, phissy said:

MSC encourages everyone to get a vaccination so they may have a "superior" experience on their cruise.

Comparing Fully Vaccinated passenger guidelines and non vaccinated passenger guidelines, they seem

identical. Only difference is having to purchase ship excursions  and have  some type of insurance.  Not too sure those non vaccinated passengers will wear masks when out on their excursions and then return onboard.

This does not sound like a "superior experience" for those who are fully vaccinated.

We really thought MSC would follow other cruise lines and opt for fully vaccinated cruises to ensure they are able to demonstrate safe protocols.

Not having to wear a mask for most of the cruise would be "superior".  Having passengers and crew that are vaccinated would be "superior".

Spending thousands of dollars on cruise just to be wearing a mask most of the time seems foolish.

For those who refuse to get vaccinated,  what makes MSC think they will comply with mask requirements on board??  Pretty sure those non vaccinated passengers will not wear masks around  as they will remind us they are not REQUIRED.  

We are sailing in November on a B2B -15 day cruise.  Final Payment due August 13.  Thats a lot of time and money  to risk hoping guidelines change.  We are now on the fence as to whether we want to cruise then.

Phossy ... Given that at least two people on a "fully jabbed" Celebrity cruise tested positive, there is no way anyone can be certain it will not happen on other cruise lines. Even MSC are not immune but their protocols have been proven to work on the two ships where cases have happened.

MSC ships currently sailing from Italy do not require people to be jabbed and since the last week of July 2020 positive case numbers have been extremely low and were dealt with immediately.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Not happy either about having to wear a mask while fully vaccinated. Things are loosening up here in Chicago, and I don't think I've worn a mask in a store for the past 2 weeks. 

We're scheduled to sail on Meraviglia in October. So sick of having to rebook flights, hotels, etc.  As my husband pointed out, a lot can happen between now and then, so we're going to take a chance and cruise.

Our cruise is not till October and much can change. Debating whether to make final payment. I’m going want to see what happens in next few weeks. Also what exactly wearing mask indoors means. 

• Like 1