Protocols for Unvaccinated Guests on Freedom of the Seas cruises starting July 2

28 minutes ago, caniuseit said:

Agree.  The cruise lines will find a way to "discourage" the unvaccinated while skirting the state law.

I have a feeling that some are just going to ignore the Florida law, require proof of vaccine, and have it go to court.    
And I think their chances are good that they will prevail.  They are just having to walk a tightrope between doing what is best for their business and their passengers and not hurting the fragile ego of the politicians who can inflict pain on them.

I think you’re right. Part of their plan(at least as evidenced by the new protocols) is to discourage any unvaccinated passengers.  A lot of what they are planning to do is going to make it “uncomfortable”, not to mention expensive, for the unvaccinated to sail. Honestly, with some of the blowback I think they are going to get, it might have been better just to commit to fully vaccinated sailings.  I know they are trying to split the baby here, but it could come back to haunt them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I think you’re right. Part of their plan(at least as evidenced by the new protocols) is to discourage any unvaccinated passengers.  A lot of what they are planning to do is going to make it “uncomfortable”, not to mention expensive, for the unvaccinated to sail. Honestly, with some of the blowback I think they are going to get, it might have been better just to commit to fully vaccinated sailings.  I know they are trying to split the baby here, but it could come back to haunt them. 

Unfortunately the state of Florida is threatening $5,000 fines for each each violation of their local law that prohibits mandating proof of vaccinations.  The cruise ship lines don't want to be potentially on the hook for each passenger on their ship if they required that all passengers show proof of vaccination.  That is why the cruise lines are asking passengers to voluntarily show proof of vaccination and then require multiple Covid tests, mask wearing while on board and other uncomfortable restrictions to those who chose not to voluntarily show proof of vaccination.  In this way the Cruise lines get around the Florida law, and provide the safest cruise voyage possible.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Unfortunately the state of Florida is threatening $5,000 fines for each each violation of their local law that prohibits mandating proof of vaccinations.  The cruise ship lines don't want to be potentially on the hook for each passenger on their ship if they required that all passengers show proof of vaccination.  That is why the cruise lines are asking passengers to voluntarily show proof of vaccination and then require multiple Covid tests, mask wearing while on board and other uncomfortable restrictions to those who chose not to voluntarily show proof of vaccination.  In this way the Cruise lines get around the Florida law, and provide the safest cruise voyage possible.

Understood. And nothing I said conflicts with that. They have found a way around it. Celebrity, Carnival and NCL are coming at it more directly. RCI is trying to look more open about things but at the same time trying to end up in the same spot. We’ll see how it works out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Well, it will be interesting to say the least on how this is to play out. But I still think that the CDC requiring masks for cruise ships is going to hurt the passenger count be they vaccinated or non-vaccinated. People will wait until the CDC changes the rules.  

Protocals every where you go.  Not my kind of cruise. I'll wait it out. 

Ditto for us

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Who said that?  

it's just you have vaccinated people dining with unvaccinated people....and then later that same night you have those  same vaccinated people now going to a venue where only all vaccinated people are allowed to go...........If this is the case you might as well have everybody go where every they want.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

it's just you have vaccinated people dining with unvaccinated people....and then later that same night you have those  same vaccinated people now going to a venue where only all vaccinated people are allowed to go...........If this is the case you might as well have everybody go where every they want.

Don't you think you are going to have vaccinated people mixing with unvaccinated in the ports and returning to the vaccinated area on the ship?

I am not sure how useful segregation within the ship is. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Don't you think you are going to have vaccinated people mixing with unvaccinated in the ports and returning to the vaccinated area on the ship?

Sure I do, so why are they trying to seperate them on the cruise ship? Going to mean nothing.

First off, curious if RCL announced yesterday so that more unvaccinated would cancel before today’s judgment. Everything closed so they can’t rebook.  Second, they are hinting at looser restrictions for vaccinated guests. Per Michael Bayley on Facebook. Obviously they think the CSO will be loosened at the least for vaccinated guests. Lastly, the push I think is to loosen the percentage of vaccinated to accommodate more children.  These are just my thoughts over the last 24 hours of news!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Understood. And nothing I said conflicts with that. They have found a way around it. Celebrity, Carnival and NCL are coming at it more directly. RCI is trying to look more open about things but at the same time trying to end up in the same spot. We’ll see how it works out. 

It appears that Celebrity's sailings from Florida will be very similar in terms of restrictions to what RCCL had previously announce for its cruises from Florida.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

10 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

It appears that Celebrity's sailings from Florida will be very similar in terms of restrictions to what RCCL had previously announce for its cruises from Florida.

I saw those just a while ago.  Almost exactly the same. It was actually kind of surprising because the CDC gave the cruise lines discretion to drop all face mask and social distancing for ALL passengers if they had at least 95% vaccinated on board. They are obviously going with an extra level of caution but also, like RCI, trying to discourage unvaccinated passengers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I see your concern.  But theoretically, you're going to have vaccinated parents with their unvaccinated children all over the ship all the time.  I think we have to trust the vaccines a little bit here and assume that the risk of the vaccinated parent being infected by their unvaccinated child is pretty slim, not to mention transmitting that infection to another vaccinated person in a bar or other "vaccine only" area.  I don't think opening up everything like the Wild West is a solution either.  No matter how you slice it, other than NCL, there aren't going to be any 100% vaccinated cruises, and some will be more open than others.   Hopefully the vaccines and the protocols combined will significantly reduce the risk of infection or outbreak overall.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Presumably the ports will have social distancing and mask mandates. 

Vaccinated and unvaccinated are not being segregated and the purposeful misuse of such an evocative term is disgusting.

Not entirely sure why you quoted me and I am sorry if you were offended. No offense intended.

Cambridge Dictionary

Meaning of segregate in English

segregate
verb [ T ]

US  

/ˈseɡ.rə.ɡeɪt/ UK  

/ˈseɡ.rɪ.ɡeɪt/

segregate verb [T] (KEEP SEPARATE)

to keep one thing separate from another:

We don’t have any future cruises booked and won’t until things settle down so I don’t have a horse in the race. I am not avidly monitoring daily changes but from what I read quickly on Royal website for sailings from Florida this definitely sounds like separate areas to me. 

Venue Access

Since the majority of our guests will be vaccinated on Freedom of the Seas, there will be venues and events restricted to vaccinated guests only. We’ll do our best to create opportunities for all guests to enjoy their time with us. Please note, your SeaPass card will be required to access lounges, shows and dining venues, so keep it handy at all times during your cruise. 

Dining

All dining venues will offer spaced seating. It is strongly encouraged that you make dining reservations via Cruise Planner before your cruise or the Royal Caribbean app onboard.

In the Main Dining Room, we will designate areas for vaccinated and unvaccinated reservations to dine separately. Unfortunately, My Time Dining will not be available to unvaccinated guests.

In addition, while Windjammer will be open, the food will now be served by our crew.

I can’t speak for all ports but presently in Cozumel there is definitely social distancing and a mask mandate for all vaccinated and non-vaccinated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Isn't that against what Desantis is saying he wants

DeSantis is saying Royal can’t make them show proof. If they don’t volunteer the proof then they will have a different set of rules. 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

• Like 1

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I don’t think they are that interested in making it about segregation. It’s more to discourage the unvaccinated from cruising for now. They want the cruises to go as successfully as possible and one way is to have as few unvaccinated people as possible. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

It doesn’t say if this is for each test or for all of them. I hope it’s for each, otherwise 178.00 really isn’t that much. 

• The per person cost for these antigen tests is $178 and will be applied to your onboard folio. 

14 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you not understand what they are trying to do?

Yes, I do, but maybe you don't?

They are allowing families Mother, Father who are  vaccinated dine with their unvaccinated children, then later on when kids are at the kids club, the parents will go to a (show)venue that is for vaccinated passengers only.

Meaning they could be spreading covid into the vaccinated venue.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I do, but maybe you don't?

They are allowing families Mother, Father who are  vaccinated dine with their unvaccinated children, then later on when kids are at the kids club, the parents will go to a (show)venue that is for vaccinated passengers only.

Meaning they could be spreading covid into the vaccinated venue.

I think it has more to do with trying to discourage unvaccinated passengers from cruising since we know that the vaccinated won’t get very sick if at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think it has more to do with trying to discourage unvaccinated passengers from cruising since we know that the vaccinated won’t get very sick if at all.

Vaccinated cruises only would solve that...........at a later time(2022) when herd immunity then allow unvaccinated.

54 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Exactly, because the vaxxed passenger did what they could to help prevent the spread unlike the unvaccinated who didn’t.

Until people start accusing them of have fake vaccination cards...  how many did that when Celebrity had those two positive cases?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Vaccinated cruises only would solve that...........at a later time(2022) when herd immunity then allow unvaccinated.

That would solve it, but how much more in the hole do you think Royal should go for the unvaccinated?

• Like 2

That would solve it, but how much more in the hole do you think Royal should go for the unvaccinated?

Sail now with vaccinated only for now, why would Royal go in the hole?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sail now with vaccinated only for now, why would Royal go in the hole?

I understood your post as saying to sail at a later time as in not sail at all for now. After rereading it I believe I misunderstood. That would be the best scenario is to have unvaccinated people sail later, but so many think that their “rights” are being taken away. 🙄

I understood your post as saying to sail at a later time as in not sail at all for now. After rereading it I believe I misunderstood. That would be the best scenario is to have unvaccinated people sail later, but so many think that their “rights” are being taken away. 🙄

Some things in life aren't fair, the end case is though is to make sure everyone is as  safe as can be.

• Like 2