Parking at Port of Miami or Miami Airport for transatlantic cruise?

CheapIrish

Forgive me if this question has been asked. Couldn’t find it in search. 

Flying out of Miami to UK in November (we hope!) to catch a transatlantic cruise returning to Miami. 

Looking for advice on whether to park at port for easy getaway, or park at airport for easy departure. Either way I’d assume Uber to other location is available? If airport parking appreciate any advice on best options. 

Thanks in advance!

patrick

Yes, Uber is available.

I would look of the costs at the port, compared to airport parking costs, given airports can be pretty expensive to park at. Otherwise, I don't see any huge reasoning to go one way, or the other, besides cost.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CheapIrish said:

Looking for advice on whether to park at port for easy getaway, or park at airport for easy departure

Something else to consider:  which Terminal in the Port will your ship use?  There are several garages in the Port of Miami.  Which one to use if you park at the Port?  If you park at the garage at the West end of Dodge Island and your ship docks at a terminal closer to the East end of the Island, there is a very significant difference as to distance from one end to another.  

At a minimum of $20/day to park in the Miami area I would, without doubt, rent a car and drive to Miami from Jacksonville.  Most rental agencies have no drop off fees within Florida.  

When you return on a ship, reverse the procedure.  Time, money, and maintenance differences can all go in your pocket.

• Like 1

I'm not sure the port is even an option. Typically the port garage associated with a terminal is only open on a day a ship is using the terminal and then for limited hours. Since you are arriving from a one way trip .... not sure you can get in to the garage to leave car when you fly ....

• Like 1

I would say the rental car idea is pretty good but lately rental cars are insanely expensive.  I just rented on in Asheville, NC and it was $270 for one day.  Go figure.

Otherwise, I would maybe look at parking at one of the Tri Rail lots in Broward and taking Tri Rail to MIA.  Of course it isn't as safe as parking at the airport or port but it is free and the lots are patrolled.