Volendam now history?

LMHSRN

6 hours ago, iancal said:

Don't blame the employees.  Employees  on the 'pointy end' can often be the last to know or the last to be officially informed.

I understand the frustrations that many feel with the "information" that they receive from Seattle.  If I were in there position, I'd probably feel the same.

A very old cliche is "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything."  Apply this to the current cruise uncertainties:  If you don't know anything for certain, admit it and say nothing more. 

Prospective HAL cruise guests might find that just as frustrating, but, it has been their choice to put themselves in the situation of "chasing information" when nobody's crystal ball is clear.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I understand the frustrations that many feel with the "information" that they receive from Seattle.  If I were in there position, I'd probably feel the same.

A very old cliche is "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything."  Apply this to the current cruise uncertainties:  If you don't know anything for certain, admit it and say nothing more. 

Prospective HAL cruise guests might find that just as frustrating, but, it has been their choice to put themselves in the situation of "chasing information" when nobody's crystal ball is clear.   

This is just one reason why we are not booking any cruises until things settle down.  It could be a while.    We are not about to torture ourselves in the constant book/rebook environment let alone the changing on board environment  and  port restrictions.

Anyone who thinks covid or the covid challenge is just going to magically vanish is either  fooling themselves or living on an alternate planet.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, iancal said:

This is just one reason why we are not booking any cruises until things settle down.  It could be a while.    We are not about to torture ourselves in the constant book/rebook environment let alone the changing on board environment  and  port restrictions.

Yes.  There is enough stress in my daily life that I don't need to add more stress because of trying to book a "vacation".  

11 hours ago, iancal said:

Anyone who thinks covid or the covid challenge is just going to magically vanish is either  fooling themselves or living on an alternate planet.

I find myself continually amazed by those who are doing just that.  The hand writing has been on the wall for many months for those willing to see it.