LIVE from "Iceland's Natural Beauty" -- All Sailings, 2021

Peregrina651

3 hours ago, flaladyB said:

Just looking at the webcams in Reykjavik, looks like fog rolling in...

Off and on for the last 4 hours fog, then clear -back and forth.  15 minutes ago clearing up.  Uploading is spotty too.

image.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toohottogolf said:

Did anyone have a late flight back to US?  We have a 1650 flight home and wondering if there are any options available beyond SAGA lounge all day?  

We have late flight home (17:00) on 8/17. Plan to go to Blue Lagoon that day to hang out most of the day until our fingers wrinkle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VI_Lounger said:

We've walked by twice and it's still not open. Not sure what's going on but will keep checking.  

Torshavn usually doesn’t open until 9:00 pm. (On our prior cruises). Tends to be closed the rest of the time. 

4 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Ditto everything Sara said so far.  

Weather is amazing today.  Warmer than Boston.  Sunnier than Boston.  

For anyone planning  on getting kronur at the ATM and then breaking them on board, the ship has no kronur on board. 

Also the only time in town I used krona was a couple of ladies not far from the church were selling their own jewelry.  They also said stay away from the people selling sweaters at the black tents, because they buy them from China and sell them like they made it, to only go to Icelandic shops for the real thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, VI_Lounger said:

We've walked by twice and it's still not open. Not sure what's going on but will keep checking.  

Torshavn opens at 9:00 pm. See the Viking Daily's last page for hours.

Edited by PeabodyMa

Just received all our tickets for the week and as you can see it has all the information on it.  as you see it says QV required.  Picture below every stateroom you have your own Quiet box plugged in with your own headset. To bring with you and recharge for next excursion if needed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

I'm wondering if there's a typo on the excursion Viking Daily or if an excursion has been drastically reduced in length of time, either the current cruise only or from now on.  The Iceland Through the Lens is supposed to be an all day excursion, but the Daily says 2 1/2 hours!  If anyone has time to clarify what the timing is, I'd really appreciate it! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ladytrek said:

IMG_1412.MOVIMG_1412.MOV My 1st time on a Viking ocean vessel the Viking sky and thought I’d try my 1st time doing a video, so forgive me if it’s bad.  The hair dryer can only be used at the desk.  Wasn’t sure when I made the video.  Beautiful day taken from airport to Harpa Museum, for a quiche, stuffed baby croissants, cookie, coffee, tumeric, cayenne juice, certainly interesting.  Checked in at the Harpa and given room keys, then just sightseeing until the shuttles started at 1-9.  Decided not to go back to the room until after out sightseeing.  Met the chattels (large buses) to go to the ship.

Your video would not play. No big deal.  Rest of post unclear. So at Harpa concert hall you get breakfast, get your key card for stateroom on board ship, they take your luggage so you don't have to drag it around AND you don't have to take Viking shuttle to ship.  You can explore town THEN take the port shuttle to ship?

9 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I'm wondering if there's a typo on the excursion Viking Daily or if an excursion has been drastically reduced in length of time, either the current cruise only or from now on.  The Iceland Through the Lens is supposed to be an all day excursion, but the Daily says 2 1/2 hours!  If anyone has time to clarify what the timing is, I'd really appreciate it! 

Just checked our Final Documents. Our July 17 cruise has Sue on the "Iceland Through the Lens" on Sunday July 18 for six hours beginning at 10:00 AM. "Snapshots of Reykjavik" is 1.5 hours on July 18.

Can anyone on one of the later arriving flights into KEF Saturday morning tell us how long it took from landing until being ready for transport?  Several of the 6-7am arrivals have commented but haven’t seen anyone from the later flights. We are on the Delta flight from Boston and I am trying to determine what time we will actually be ready to head to the Blue Lagoon. (I know the flight was late today). So anyone from the United from Chicago or the Delta from JFK?

TIA

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Just checked our Final Documents. Our July 17 cruise has Sue on the "Iceland Through the Lens" on Sunday July 18 for six hours beginning at 10:00 AM. "Snapshots of Reykjavik" is 1.5 hours on July 18.

Can we anticipate a complete review of the TTL excursion from you?  We're sorely in the dark on this one.  BTW, thanks for being a beta tester.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kate7047 said:

We have late flight home (17:00) on 8/17. Plan to go to Blue Lagoon that day to hang out most of the day until our fingers wrinkle. 

Have you found an excursion that will take you from the ship to the blue lagoon, leave you there 2 or 3 hours and then take you to the airport getting you there by 2PM?  We also have a late flight and the blue lagoon sounds a lot more fun that sitting around the airport.

4 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thanks. I'll assume it's a typo. We cruise later so don't have Final Documents yet to check. And I'd love it if Sue or you could post some comments here after the excursion.

9 hours ago, FoggyEthan said:

A long shot here, but... if anyone is still lingering in The Pearl, or still in a position to ask a Viking rep, I would love to know if they will allow someone without a Viking transfer to go to The Pearl from the ship. I normally wouldn't expect it, but since everyone must be off the ship by 8AM, no lingering, it would be nice to have somewhere to go for a bit.

Ethan, imho this is a question for tellus@vikingcruises.com. 

Besides,  if you don't have Viking transfers, then you should be able to arrange a tour cum transfer that gets you to the airport in time.  

4 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Email tellus@vikingcruises.com to get it fixed

6 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Ethan, imho this is a question for tellus@vikingcruises.com. 

Besides,  if you don't have Viking transfers, then you should be able to arrange a tour cum transfer that gets you to the airport in time.  

I don't do mornings until coffee plus one hour. 8-) Both being off the ship at 8AM and also being sentient seems highly unlikely. So I was hoping we could brainlessly get on the bus for The Pearl, enjoy some coffee and a danish (or whatever), then stroll around the museum itself for a bit before it opens to the public. 

I didn't want to ask tellus@ because I think that this is a question where I won't trust the answer unless it's from someone on-site.

Edited by FoggyEthan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, carld said:

Have you found an excursion that will take you from the ship to the blue lagoon, leave you there 2 or 3 hours and then take you to the airport getting you there by 2PM?  We also have a late flight and the blue lagoon sounds a lot more fun that sitting around the airport.

btitravel.is. They'll drop you off., hold your luggage, and come back whenever you're ready.

12 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Thanks. I'll assume it's a typo. We cruise later so don't have Final Documents yet to check. And I'd love it if Sue or you could post some comments here after the excursion.

Don't assume. Get it fixed before you go so you don't have a problem to deal when you board.  The lines at shorex desk were long all day long yesterday. 

1 hour ago, FoggyEthan said:

I don't do mornings until coffee plus one hour. 8-) Both being off the ship at 8AM and also being sentient seems highly unlikely. So I was hoping we could brainlessly get on the bus for The Pearl, enjoy some coffee and a danish (or whatever), then stroll around the museum itself for a bit before it opens to the public. 

I didn't want to ask tellus@ because I think that this is a question where I won't trust the answer unless it's from someone on-site.

Ethan, fwiw when I asked a Viking rep who had called me in response to a tellus query on another matter whether we would have the same arrangements to go to Perlan Museum on debarkation day, she said I would have to verify that on board. She couldn't commit that those were standing arrangements for the Iceland cruises. I hope they are but will wait to verify after we're on board. Hopefully they can accommodate you as well.

16 minutes ago, anaco_angler said:

Ethan, fwiw when I asked a Viking rep who had called me in response to a tellus query on another matter whether we would have the same arrangements to go to Perlan Museum on debarkation day, she said I would have to verify that on board. She couldn't commit that those were standing arrangements for the Iceland cruises. I hope they are but will wait to verify after we're on board. Hopefully they can accommodate you as well.

Thanks for asking! But as you say, the people on the ground will know.  I guess one complication would be our luggage, since we'd have to bring it inside with us.