LIVE from "Iceland's Natural Beauty" -- All Sailings, 2021

Peregrina651

33 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Now you can elect how to get the notification and they recommend text.  But email probably makes more sense-easier to print. 

Here are the instructions for the Iceland pre-registration from Viking’s document at Vikingcruises.com. I don’t know if this differs from what Viking sent you directly. But initially, you will get a text to enter a verification code for the registration. Then it says you will receive a link via email for your pre-registration approval (barcode). This is how it worked for us.

Iceland Pre-Registration/Pre-Departure Requirements for UK/US Guest Entry (Iceland):
1. Ensure you have proof of complete vaccination for COVID-19.
2. 72 hours prior to arrival in Iceland, you will need to fill out a pre-registration form at https://visit.covid.is/
registration, which will require the following 2 steps:
Step 1: Health Declaration and mobile phone verification. You will be asked for your mobile number and will be required to request a verification number before you can continue. When you receive the verification number, enter and submit it as directed.
Step 2: Registration information
a. This includes entry of the following information
• Country of departure
• Flight number/Arrival date (refer to your air ticket)
• Date of birth
• Family name = last name; given name(s) = first and middle names as they appear on your passport.
• Nationality
• Country of residence
• Departure date
• Mobile number
b. You must then “Choose what you are doing upon arrival to Iceland”:
i. Select: “Present a valid certificate for exception/other documents” (vaccination certificate) ii. Confirmation: check appropriate boxes
iii. Select: Confirm and Send
c. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to a barcode that must be presented upon your arrival to Iceland. Please print or have this available on you mobile phone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Here are the instructions for the Iceland pre-registration from Viking’s document at Vikingcruises.com. I don’t know if this differs from what Viking sent you directly. But initially, you will get a text to enter a verification code for the registration. Then it says you will receive a link via email for your pre-registration approval (barcode). This is how it worked for us.

Iceland Pre-Registration/Pre-Departure Requirements for UK/US Guest Entry (Iceland):
2. 72 hours prior to arrival in Iceland, you will need to fill out a pre-registration form at https://visit.covid.is/
Step 1: Health Declaration and mobile phone verification. You will be asked for your mobile number and will be required to request a verification number before you can continue. When you receive the verification number, enter and submit it as directed.
• Country of departure
• Date of birth
• Family name = last name; given name(s) = first and middle names as they appear on your passport.
• Nationality
• Country of residence
• Departure date
• Mobile number
i. Select: “Present a valid certificate for exception/other documents” (vaccination certificate) ii. Confirmation: check appropriate boxes
c. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to a barcode that must be presented upon your arrival to Iceland. Please print or have this available on you mobile phone.

Thank you! Very clear and helpful!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Can’t answer your question but if not, maybe save them to a cloud?

Has anyone flown Icelandair day flight from Boston arriving 8:50pm. We have this flight and wondering about transfer to hotel downtown. Seems like public transport stops before this time. Any suggestions

For anyone that took the RIB boat or other boat excursions where they give you coveralls, do you wear a rain jacket under the coveralls or just a sweater/fleece?  Just wondering if there can be too many layers under the coveralls?  Thank you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stilltrucking said:

Easy.  The choices are red or white.

I have found if you don’t like either of that day’s choices then they often still have a bottle of yesterday’s (which you might have liked) open and are happy to serve. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LindaS272 said:

• Country of departure
• Date of birth
• Nationality
• Country of residence
• Departure date
• Mobile number

Thanks.  

1 hour ago, LindaS272 said:

• Country of departure
• Date of birth
• Nationality
• Country of residence
• Departure date
• Mobile number

Very helpful. Thanks!

19 hours ago, azdrydock said:

Did she post the future cruise credits and conditions and if so what are they? I think JoJo is out of the UK office and if you run into her ask if Nathan Goy is still around.

Thanks

Received in cabin this morning but haven't looked at them yet

Will try to remember to photograph and post tomorrow 

1 hour ago, DAVE & PAT said:

Has anyone flown Icelandair day flight from Boston arriving 8:50pm. We have this flight and wondering about transfer to hotel downtown. Seems like public transport stops before this time. 

Contact FlyBus and ask them.  

BTW, philw1776's booked that flight.  It was canceled the day before she was supposed to depart.  Luckily they were able to get her on to the same flight as her parents. 

Edited by Peregrina651
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, hodges97 said:

Curious when I can expect to actually get off the ship when we return to Reykjavik.  We are trying to get a shuttle to the Blue Lagoon and Viking says we will be off by 9:00.  Just wonder if that's realistic.

Don't know what the call center is telling people but the ship staff is telling us that  everybody must be off the ship by 8 AM.  

6 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Have any of you completed the Iceland Pre-registration form using a single phone number for multiple people. DMIL has a smart phone but would really like to do her registration on my phone and then print it for her to have. But I don’t know if I’ll be able to tell which barcode is whose when they come back?  

TIA for any advice. 

I did both of ours to my phone. Barcode comes as an email. One pp.  Easy to distinguish but be sure to mark whose is whose when you print them out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drsue said:

For those making their own flight arrangements, are we to meet directly at the ship or are we to meet at the concert hall? I couldn't find it in any of my Viking literature.

Viking will shuttle passengers to the The Concert Hall from the airport.  Around 11:00 they will begin to then transfer passengers to the ship.  I "think" this only applies to those who are either flying Viking or who have purchased a transfer from Viking.   My guess is that you need to get your own transportation to the ship unless you purchase a transfer and I think that it may be too late for that.  

2 hours ago, drsue said:

For those making their own flight arrangements, are we to meet directly at the ship or are we to meet at the concert hall? I couldn't find it in any of my Viking literature.

Assuming you have not purchased a transfer from Viking, then you are to arrive at Skarfabakki pier no earlier (or only a wee bit earlier) than 11AM. I don't know how late it is still possible to check in.

• Like 1

I apologize if this was covered already. I did a quick search, but couldn't find this question posted.

On embarkation day in Reykjavik, can you shuttle back into town after boarding the ship? If so, where does the shuttle let you off?  Thanks in advance for any help here, my wife and I are trying to plan day 1. 

17 hours ago, Lil Puppy Dog said:

Can someone let us know which are the three Chef Tables for this second cruise?

This has been asked a couple of times with no answer yet by the current Viking Sky Cruisers.  Let me ask it another way.   Are the Chef's Table menus on the second Iceland cruise the same as on the first Iceland cruise:  Xiang, Great Britian,  and Asian Panaroma - yes or no?

45 minutes ago, PHreuD said:

I apologize if this was covered already. I did a quick search, but couldn't find this question posted.

On embarkation day in Reykjavik, can you shuttle back into town after boarding the ship? If so, where does the shuttle let you off?  Thanks in advance for any help here, my wife and I are trying to plan day 1. 

Yes, you can leave the ship and go into town. The shuttle takes you to Harpa Concert Hall. I will defer to someone else to confirm when the first shuttle leaves the ship and when the last shuttle returns to the ship.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

I have found if you don’t like either of that day’s choices then they often still have a bottle of yesterday’s (which you might have liked) open and are happy to serve. 

Or you can always pay $6 and get a glass of choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Australia08 said:

I’m still hoping to hear about the Heart of the Glacier tour (Reykjavik) or the In the Footsteps of Elves tour (Seydisfjordur). Anyone go on these tours or know what someone else said about them?  

The big thing unmentioned with the Elves is that the Elf Hill is a great place to see puffins, if that's important to you. Seems like as good a time as any to re-plug my collection of information from the first cruisers:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rJqx62oEB9Ty8LckUD5NfSUM8HYyC_fs?usp=sharing

The document gives whatever information I could glean from reports of the first trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, madrone said:

Viking will shuttle passengers to the The Concert Hall from the airport.  Around 11:00 they will begin to then transfer passengers to the ship.  I "think" this only applies to those who are either flying Viking or who have purchased a transfer from Viking.   My guess is that you need to get your own transportation to the ship unless you purchase a transfer and I think that it may be too late for that.  

Viking transfers to the ship had to be purchased 30 days in advance.  Boarding time for private transfers is 11 am although i read that someone got there at 10:45 and they were processed to board.

4 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Viking transfers to the ship had to be purchased 30 days in advance.  Boarding time for private transfers is 11 am although i read that someone got there at 10:45 and they were processed to board.

I thought about a HOWEVER.  We flew to Bergen to do our own pre cruise and had planned how to get to city from airport.  However we missed our connection flight and actually arrived in Bergen the same day Viking was doing their transfers.  We were allowed to get on their shuttle and they charged the $49 pp to our room account.  So if you are arriving in Iceland anytime between 6 and 8 am, there are at least 12 flights from the US then and there will be lots of Viking personnel to help and Viking buses to take.  The Viking transfer info said flights arriving before 8 am will be shuttled to the Harpa.  I would think flights later would go directly to ship.