Nautica done thru June 30, 2022

mauibabes

We just received word that Oceania has cancelled Nautica’s sailings thru June 2022. A lot more than an ounce of caution on this decision, probably a pound or two.

more info to be released by Oceania soon.

Gerry and Bonnie

41 minutes ago, cbb said:

Would they be using the time instead for updating her?

That is precisely what my notification said. Nautica is going into “the drydock required to complete Nautica’s dramatic Re-inspiration, we unfortunately must cancel this voyage.”

Edited by mamaclark

Full Oceania announcement posted in another thread shows this one's title is misleading.  Existing Nautica itineraries are cancelled through June 2022, but new itineraries will be released for April–June 2022:

1 hour ago, basor said:
We would like to provide an important update about Nautica’s upcoming voyages to Africa and Asia for the 2021-2022 season. To accommodate the re-scheduling of the drydock required to complete Nautica’s dramatic Re-inspiration, we unfortunately must cancel all currently scheduled voyages from October 6, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
Nautica will then re-enter service in April 2022 better than new and more beautiful than ever. On July 21st, 2021, we will be releasing a series of new Mediterranean, Greek Isles, and Holy Land itineraries departing between April 1, 2022 and June 30, 2022.
Nautica will resume her previously published voyage schedule beginning with the June 30, 2022 sailing from Istanbul.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Full Oceania announcement posted in another thread shows this one's title is misleading.  Existing Nautica itineraries are cancelled through June 2022, but new itineraries will be released for April–June 2022:

Jazz, any word about Regatta?

I just got word from my TA that our June 10, 2021 Nautica Middle East cruise was cancelled.  She was told that it was due to a refurbishment dry dock that has now been scheduled.  We rebooked on the similar May 30, 2023 Nautica cruise.  If anyone on the now cancelled June Middle East cruise is interested in rebooking for May 30,  2023, you may want to make your reservation soon as cabins are going quickly.  All A1 cabins are taken and we got the last A2.

David

Well....

Some will be disappointed and deservedly so. Probably not the first cancellation for most.

But then...

There are those of us who were looking at a very desirable itinerary on Nautica shortly before she was scheduled for drydock - not the best time to sail any ship in our experience. And now we are looking at sailing her on that very desirable itinerary with the "better than new" Nautica. 

All the statement means is O got the message they needed to finish the NEXT Refurb before she sails again so that is what will happen. Probably be done in March, especially since Oceania will be developing new itineraries for her to sail in the Mediterranean, Greek Isles and Holy Land, April thru June 30, 2022. I am guessing when O releases them in July it will be quite a feeding frenzy.  
Gerry and Bonnie

22 minutes ago, ORV said:

While the June date was pretty much was what was expected by those in the know to use the Dry Dock and Next update for the absence is pushing it. Really, it's gonna take from Oct 6- June 30 to do it? LOL

I think they'll be announcing new itineraries that start in April 2022.

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:
we unfortunately must cancel all currently scheduled voyages from October 6, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
Nautica will then re-enter service in April 2022 better than new and more beautiful than ever. On July 21st, 2021, we will be releasing a series of new Mediterranean, Greek Isles, and Holy Land itineraries departing between April 1, 2022 and June 30, 2022.
Nautica will resume her previously published voyage schedule beginning with the June 30, 2022 sailing from Istanbul. 

Very interesting.   Our March 8, 2022 sailing (28 days Singapore-Tokyo) cruise was cancelled and this information was not in the letter send to my TA.  The letter I got only mentioned our cruise cancellation, no range of dates.  So thanks for posting this.

I'm sorry to hear that your cruise was canceled, but I know it wasn't a complete surprise because the itinerary was looking very iffy.  'Wait 'til next year,' as the Brooklyn Dodger fans used to say...

• Like 1

Our November Istanbul to Dubai cruise canceled, just after we were led to believe it was on.  Pre cruise Jordan trip (6 days) has to be cancelled… lots of workin undoing reservations (air, hotel, tour guides)… sad. Disappointed that Oceania gets to cancel without some consideration to those of us with reservation… would have been a fab trip, both double vaccinated, getting past the worries of traveling.  On the bright side, it sounds as if the ship needed to go to refurb now… we’ve sailed her a couple of time.

Just now, CorbsinVA said:

Our November Istanbul to Dubai cruise canceled, just after we were led to believe it was on.  Pre cruise Jordan trip (6 days) has to be cancelled… lots of workin undoing reservations (air, hotel, tour guides)… sad. Disappointed that Oceania gets to cancel without some consideration to those of us with reservation… would have been a fab trip, both double vaccinated, getting past the worries of traveling.  On the bright side, it sounds as if the ship needed to go to refurb now… we’ve sailed her a couple of time.

I don’t know how you were just led to believe that your cruise was “on.” The delayed Nautica/Regatta restarts were announced on the O web’s Travel Advisories last month and discussed in numerous Cruise Critic threads as well as in this FaceBook group. 
In any case, O will refund all of the cash you have in the Cruise. As for any “extra consideration,” O hasn’t caused the port restrictions, uncertainties, etc.

In terms of the bigger picture of the “pandemic vs the cruise industry,” O has treated its passengers in an exemplary way when it comes to fair and responsive treatment.

47 minutes ago, CorbsinVA said:

would have been a fab trip, both double vaccinated, getting past the worries of traveling.

As the rest of the World catches up with your vaccination status then travel will certainly open up significantly.

Until then, you will still be restricted from visiting some countries.

When researching the conditions, restrictions, vaccination rates in many of the countries which Nautica was scheduled to visit late this year / early next year, it has been very likely for some time that Nautica would stay in the Mediterranean.

Edited by Tranquility Base

Hunding--

your response suggests that ALL O cruises are cancelled going to ports in Asia, Au,  & NZ through June, 2022.  Is that what you meant?  Or just Nautica's?

We're on ATW22 and what you have written is concerning and so far none of us have received word from O or TAs that major parts of our itinerary have been cancelled.

We are reconciled to missing Au & NZ which is the month of Feb but Asia is the months of March and April.   So....any info you have would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Cbb,

I agree.  Regatta also sails to Australia, NZ, Asia and the South Pacific and there has been no announcement that I am aware of regarding cancellation.  I'd be interested in hearing about Hunding's information too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbb said:

Hunding--

your response suggests that ALL O cruises are cancelled going to ports in Asia, Au,  & NZ through June, 2022.  Is that what you meant?  Or just Nautica's?

We're on ATW22 and what you have written is concerning and so far none of us have received word from O or TAs that major parts of our itinerary have been cancelled.

We are reconciled to missing Au & NZ which is the month of Feb but Asia is the months of March and April.   So....any info you have would be appreciated.

There is so much misinformation here on CC - even more than usual as regards the “restart.” The only trustworthy info is the official correspondences from O and the Travel Advisories on the O website.

As I posted previously:

If you look at the bigger picture of the original Nautica itineraries that have now been eliminated, it has less to do with the NEXT project than it does with the Covid uncertainty of so many ports across those first six months of 2022 including those in Africa, India and Asia.

In addition, as is now clear, O wants to finish up honoring all the Covid related FCCs that were issued by no longer extending “cruise by” deadlines beyond 12/31/22. And that’s tough with the limited cabin availability still remaining. So, the Nautica cancellations (which will generate cash refunds and no FCCs  other than redeposits) will also create new cabin availability with the replacement cruises. 

Thus, there are positives/negatives to this Nautica “restart plan” as regards existing/future bookings. But, IMO, it will help things get back to true booking normalcy beginning in 2023. 

And though It will be a somewhat different situation, I expect that something similar will happen with Insignia. The 2022 ATW is happening albeit earlier segments involving OZ/NZ will need to be modified. So, one or more of those segment itineraries may end up cancelled and replaced with what ever are the new ATW ports. The cancelled cruises’ passengers will get cash refunds and the “replacement” segment cruises will add cabin availability for folks with time limited FCCs. Again, positive/negative in the short run but back to normal sooner than later in the long run.

Also, as regards Regatta,  remember that her usual annual routing heads “down under” at the end of each year. And, with OZ/NZ pretty much a certainty to NOT reopen until, at least, the second quarter of 2022, it would make little sense for O to restart Regatta only to immediately turn around and take her out of service again.

Common sense says that O’s choice will be to delay the restart of Regatta OR, as is the case with Nautica, cancel the cruises with multiple questionable Covid restricted ports and create new itineraries in their place. Again, like Nautica, this will create new cabin availability for folks with time limited FCCs while those passengers now cancelled will get cash refunds (or FCC redeposit with the current standard “cruise by” deadline of 12/31/22.
My prognostication for Nautica (already a done deal) and Insignia (very likely) and Regatta (probably) is that the all the segments already/to be cancelled will see replacement cruises open to new bookings.
Thus, the “silver lining” for those folks being cancelled is that they can rebook (ASAP). But, it will be a significantly different itinerary than was their “Plan A.”

• Like 2

I am glad they are doing the refurb while some of Nautica's itineraries (in Asia) are questionable in the near future with problems in India and Myanmar which were on the cruise we wanted.  I hope these problems are solved by 2023 so we can enjoy newly redone Nautica then!  Meanwhile, I am watching to see if the AWTW cruise at the end of next year will include those ports and sell segment.