Sailing on Edge June 26th

bnurick

So as soon as I read there was a June 26th sailing with 95% vaccinated passengers and 100% vaccinated crew members I booked 2 adults and 1 child, all of us vaccinated.  So far, we have received two phone calls (last week) asking about our vaccinated status (caller id says Kansas).  Restuarant choices are all listed, Chef’s table on night #1 is booked and excursions are limited but seem to be expanding as we get closer.  The callers did not know the capacity status, but quoted other ships at 60% to 65%.  So if capacity is 2,908 passengers and it’s 65% then 1,809 passengers are booked with 95 passengers eligible to be unvaccinated or declining to say, which to me means mostly children traveling with vaccinated adults.  We did receive an email with pre-testing, port testing and cruise testing requirements to be charged to the stateroom of the unvaccinated or declining to say passengers.  My read is at port vaccinated passengers will immediately board and unvaccinated or declining to say passengers will have to wait for test results and the 5% capacity limit headcount.

Happy to post about our cruise experience so there is no misinformation.  We have completed the online checkin on the app, selfie and all.  More to come…

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, bnurick said:

So as soon as I read there was a June 26th sailing with 95% vaccinated passengers and 100% vaccinated crew members I booked 2 adults and 1 child, all of us vaccinated.  So far, we have received two phone calls (last week) asking about our vaccinated status (caller id says Kansas).  Restuarant choices are all listed, Chef’s table on night #1 is booked and excursions are limited but seem to be expanding as we get closer.  The callers did not know the capacity status, but quoted other ships at 60% to 65%.  So if capacity is 2,908 passengers and it’s 65% then 1,809 passengers are booked with 95 passengers eligible to be unvaccinated or declining to say, which to me means mostly children traveling with vaccinated adults.  We did receive an email with pre-testing, port testing and cruise testing requirements to be charged to the stateroom of the unvaccinated or declining to say passengers.  My read is at port vaccinated passengers will immediately board and unvaccinated or declining to say passengers will have to wait for test results and the 5% capacity limit headcount.

Happy to post about our cruise experience so there is no misinformation.  We have completed the online checkin on the app, selfie and all.  More to come…

Stop over to our Connections thread - good information - meet your fellow cruisers and join in the conversations. Here's the link:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Were you allowed to book 3 in a cabin?

I was as I booked immediately.  I kept checking prices and after awhile it wouldn’t allow any longer.  When I was called I asked about this and was told you could call and request an override.  We booked a Celebrity Suite and it was implied it was for larger rooms only, otherwise you need connecting cabins.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So excited for you! We're schedule to board the Edge on Aug 7th and can wait! Hope you have a wonderful cruise and, of course, we will be looking forward to your shared experiences! 😎

Happy to share!  Very excited and can’t wait for the Chef’s Table night #1. 😋 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Happy to share!  Very excited and can’t wait for the Chef’s Table night #1. 😋 

Likely your Chefs Table will not be night #1, that’s typically a placeholder. You will find out soon after boarding I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting- I booked a CS for July 3 sailing and wanted to bring 14 yr old son as a 3rd passenger and was told they were not allowing any triples or quads for June and July sailings. I’d say you got lucky that you got that booked before they stopped allowing it! Have a great trip!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, okiebaugh said:

Interesting- I booked a CS for July 3 sailing and wanted to bring 14 yr old son as a 3rd passenger and was told they were not allowing any triples or quads for June and July sailings. I’d say you got lucky that you got that booked before they stopped allowing it! Have a great trip!

I cannot add a third person either. I called today and the response is still no.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, okiebaugh said:

Thanks!  I guess I just booked it very quickly.  Perhaps that’s why I received two calls about the vaccination of the booked child.

8 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I cannot add a third person either. I called today and the response is still no.

Interesting.  I was told it was limited for CS and above, it seemed.  Perhaps they are doing a child count since you had to get the child the first shot a day or so after the FDA approved to get both in by June 26th.  Hopefully they will modify.  Also, I do think they are limiting capacity with the need to increase revenues.  This cruise is almost double the southern Caribbean Celebrity cruise we did with 2 adults and 2 kids in 2019.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I'm wondering if Luminae will now be open for lunch on port days?

According to the cruise planner for the week of the 26th it is not. Same schedule as before.

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

I can’t see any reason why they would open on port days, but I may be missing something.

To lighten the load on the buffet and it appears that many more people on these early sailings will not be going ashore.   I doubt though that they will open on port days since that is when crew has time off and I don't believe the staffing will allow.   Do they offer the light lunch options on the sun deck on port days?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I posted this yesterday that Celebrity is changing it's vaccine requirements for Florida sailings and got jumped all over and now see the thread gone. 

Edited by bajathree

Actually you should read https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

It's the actual Celebrity requirements, not a media interpretation.   It still states that 95% of passengers will be vaccinated.   It does give option for a vaccine eligible passenger to not provide verification and be put in the unvaccinated pool.  Neither explicitly state what happens if the unvaccinated pool reaches the 5%.  

Currently until the July 18th date when the FL injunction against the CDC CSO take affect I believe that the excess unvaccinated would be denied boarding as the ship doesn't have a certificate to sail with less than 95% vaccinated.  To me if the current injunction holds I'm not sure what happens after the 18th.   We know that Celebrity wants to sail with 95% vaccinated as do I.

• Like 4