Sailing on Edge June 26th

bnurick

10 hours ago, bnurick said:

As an example, I want in the morning specific latte’s from the cafe as opposed to room service. Our concierge assigned to us handles and brings to our room.

What is the difference between a concierge and a butler, with respect to what types of things you would ask them to do?  I thought the concierge is the 'guest services at your fingertips' kinda person?  

18 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

What is the difference between a concierge and a butler, with respect to what types of things you would ask them to do?  I thought the concierge is the 'guest services at your fingertips' kinda person?  

You're accurate.  To add, the chain of command is the single Concierge over the multiple butlers.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Enjoying reading about this exciting first sailing!!  We sail in August and the app just let me do checkin…but when I clicked dining it just gave me a description of the restaurants and said reservations are recommended…but no way to do so.  Did any of you make reservations on the app?  Are they only available closer to sailing date?

You may need to make the preboard dining reservations from the planner on the website.

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You're accurate.  To add, the chain of command is the single Concierge over the multiple butlers.

Actually in the Retreat there is the Suite Manager who is over the Concierge (now usually 2 if there is a sundeck) and the butlers.  The Retreat Concierge is in charge of the Retreat lounge and sundeck an is a single point of contact for any guest request/problem.   The Butler more takes care of your personal needs primarily in the stateroom like room service, laundry, coffee etc.  Yes they are more than happy to make dining reservations and try to resolve any issues you may have.   The concierge and butler roles do overlap some and they are both there to make sure you have an enjoyable trip.

For non retreat guests there is also the Concierge available to everyone on the ship, they are much more like a hotel concierge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 6:48 AM, cementhands said:

Great information, enjoy reading about your cruise!
Are the activities well attended and is there live music. I’ve read the activities scheduled and seems great but are people actually doing things in groups?

We’re looking forward to cruising again this fall. Thanks again for your wonderful information and pictures too!

The daily schedule shows one of our favorite solo guitarist Kyle Tacy is on board. We were on his last cruise on the Connie in Jan 2020 right before he was promoted to the Edge. He’s really good. He has a huge playlist you can choose from. I hope he’s still on board in October when we sail the Edge. 

1 hour ago, pixiedust777 said:

Good Morning,

Thank you and have a fantastic day😊

Cheers. Will do!

48 minutes ago, George C said:

Did they sell out the suites? Has Luminae been crowded? We sail Saturday, thanks.

Pretty much out of everything but maybe Sky Suites.  Luminae is not crowded from my perspective.  There are 23 guests in here right now as breakfast winds down.

• Like 3

Very much appreciate the info you are sharing, helps us prepare for our July sailing. 

Question: are the Retreat Sundeck and Lounge areas open and serving all day, even port days? Serving as in bar and light snack menus. TIA

bobj

2 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Cheers. Will do!

Pretty much out of everything but maybe Sky Suites.  Luminae is not crowded from my perspective.  There are 23 guests in here right now as breakfast winds down.

Many suite guests also like to have breakfast on their verandahs, so that would help with keeping the capacity down.

Thanks for posting. Hope you continue to have a wonderful cruise. 😊

2 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Many suite guests also like to have breakfast on their verandahs, so that would help with keeping the capacity down.

Thanks for posting. Hope you continue to have a wonderful cruise. 😊

Except most of the Suites on EDGE don't have table and chairs on the balcony suitable for breakfast except maybe CS and above.

18 hours ago, D C said:

Why would I not expect it to be different? 

1) It has been consistently ignored on every cruise I have ever been on

2) I am more then 6 days out from my next sailing, so the information that YOU received for your very soon sailing isn't exactly information that I would expect to be common knowledge.

Just a very kind reminder......these are the first few cruises after the pandemic. EVRYTHING will be a bit different. Keep that in perspective. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

While I take your point, it's not much of a "perk" if the supplier of said "perk" makes it impossible to partake in it. It's not a world changing event but it is definitely bait and switch.

It's one of the very few benefits to booking a Concierge cabin, and it would be so easy for Celebrity to simply block off a number of time slots that would enable Concierge passengers to make it to the lunch. When check-in times were only "suggested", it wasn't really a problem, but with arrival times being enforced now, it's high time that Celebrity addressed the issue. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bnurick said:

I see two fellow shipmates helped with some questions.  I agree that there are many kinks to work out.  We are in a suite too and Luminae takes awhile, but it doesn’t bother us.  Our room being cleaned has been inconsistent to Noon to 3pm today.  Had to ask for a scheduled time now so we can better plan out our days.

If you want perfection, I agree you need to wait a few months for things to be back into a routine.

I am enjoying your live posts. Thank you.

I had a question about housekeeping's post pandemic routine ......are house keeping services limited? Do they clean your room once a day and freshen up/turn down at night?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

It's one of the very few benefits to booking a Concierge cabin, and it would be so easy for Celebrity to simply block off a number of time slots that would enable Concierge passengers to make it to the lunch. When check-in times were only "suggested", it wasn't really a problem, but with arrival times being enforced now, it's high time that Celebrity addressed the issue. 

Good point..... I wonder if this is just a detail that hasn't occurred to them, that they can easily fix as their attention is brought to it?  Hopefully...

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Except most of the Suites on EDGE don't have table and chairs on the balcony suitable for breakfast except maybe CS and above.

It never stopped us. We have been on the Edge twice and had breakfast on our verandah every day. We are looking forward to doing it again in July. Where there’s a will there’s a way. 😉

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Good point..... I wonder if this is just a detail that hasn't occurred to them, that they can easily fix as their attention is brought to it?  Hopefully...

My concern is that their "fix" would be to simply drop the lunch altogether. Still, worth a try, and I send an email to see what can be done.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I am enjoying your live posts. Thank you.

I had a question about housekeeping's post pandemic routine ......are house keeping services limited? Do they clean your room once a day and freshen up/turn down at night?

We are sailing next week and about a week ago got this email about their Go Green program.  If you opt in for reduced housekeeping services you will earn Go Green points which will result in 1 days additional CC points.

image.png.00adf4e46d2d1dc88be0bcfef6aed2af.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

My concern is that their "fix" would be to simply drop the lunch altogether. Still, worth a try, and I send an email to see what can be done.

They gave me a noon checkin time.  IF I am lucky, I might be able to make the Concierge lunch.  Do they close the doors at 1 pm or 1:30pm?

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

We are sailing next week and about a week ago got this email about their Go Green program.  If you opt in for reduced housekeeping services you will earn Go Green points which will result in 1 days additional CC points.

But they have devalued the Elite and Elite Plus programs so that points have lost their value.

20 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Oh gosh, I hadn't even thought of that!  Let's hope not.

What would be really nice is if they just adjust boarding times for all concierge people so they can make the lunch, or, extend the duration of the time period, or allow concierge class people to call and 'change' their boarding time to earlier...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Oh no - another points program!  Geesh.

5 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

They gave me a noon checkin time.  IF I am lucky, I might be able to make the Concierge lunch.  Do they close the doors at 1 pm or 1:30pm?

IIRC, the hours used to be 11:30 - 1:00. You could stay longer, but no one was allowed in after 1:00. Noon check-in should be early enough.