Spice H20 Water Grotto - Norwegian Escape

F27TW

One of my favorite spots on the Escape when we sailed her back in 2019 was that groovy Water Grotto up in Spice H20 area.   Someone told me they'd thought it was being taken out and replaced with some stupid deck sports or kid-related thing (like that ship needed any more of all that nonsense).

Please say it isn't so!   Anyone know for sure if this is going?   I'll be so bummed!

WG.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, quillwercruisers said:

That looks cool.  According to the deck plans it still shows the grotto.

oh, good .. i hope so .. its such a great space !  We spent hours in there with our cocktails just splashing around, sitting in the little nooks and relaxing.

• Like 1

Agreed on this one too! I have yet to be on the Escape, but I have a cruise booked for this November (praying it doesn't get canceled...). I just hope they keep the ship the same and don't put a race car track on it or, like you said, any additional kids area. Although I have to say, I'm super excited to try the ropes course.

Besides Joy and Encore, I've been on every Breakaway/Breakaway Plus ship. I didn't really care for the Bliss since it didn't have H20, ropes course, Howl at the Moon, etc...I knew that going into it, but it definitely altered my perception of what I look for when cruising! I've heard many people say that out of all of the new builds, Escape is the best one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JC5240 said:

Agreed on this one too! I have yet to be on the Escape, but I have a cruise booked for this November (praying it doesn't get canceled...). I just hope they keep the ship the same and don't put a race car track on it or, like you said, any additional kids area. Although I have to say, I'm super excited to try the ropes course.

Besides Joy and Encore, I've been on every Breakaway/Breakaway Plus ship. I didn't really care for the Bliss since it didn't have H20, ropes course, Howl at the Moon, etc...I knew that going into it, but it definitely altered my perception of what I look for when cruising! I've heard many people say that out of all of the new builds, Escape is the best one. 

Only been on Escape .. actually it was our first time on Norwegian at all  (normally RC) but she hooked us.  Loved the ship .. everything about it .. 

3 hours ago, F27TW said:

One of my favorite spots on the Escape when we sailed her back in 2019 was that groovy Water Grotto up in Spice H20 area.   Someone told me they'd thought it was being taken out and replaced with some stupid deck sports or kid-related thing (like that ship needed any more of all that nonsense).

Please say it isn't so!   Anyone know for sure if this is going?   I'll be so bummed!

WG.jpg

I hope not.....

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Laszlo said:

I hope not.....

Great video !   Thats such an amazing spot .. though lets not let too many people know about it !  😉😉 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JC5240 said:

You will love the ropes course! I could spend hours up there climbing from one area to another. Such great views from up there as well!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saltsandknit said:

I haven’t been on the escape in a while but we loved the grotto. This hooked my son and his wife on NCL

it hooked me too! 

• Like 2

Ah you're right! I don't know how I forgot about that lol. I actually met an awesome couple while in the Bahamas back there in the hot tubs lol... duh to myself. 

I was unimpressed with the ship because of the laser tag/go-karts, so maybe that's why it slipped my mind. However, I was on a cruise, so it was blissful =P

3 hours ago, hallux said:

Deck 17, aft.  It's there...

The grotto is still on Escape. See the thread linked below about her dry dock, with two photos of Escape leaving Rotterdam with a grotto. :classic_smile:

edit: somehow the photos don't show; check posts #117 and #133 in the thread for the pics, sorry!

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2021 at 2:40 PM, F27TW said:

Post Dry Dock photos appear that the aft of the ship was untouched. No race track. 

• Like 3