Guest Advisory email concerning July 3 Vista sailing

cowboy$fan

6617b600-cbad-4bae-abbc-4b99711d11bb.png
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED - Please Act Promptly for Your Upcoming Cruise

Dear Carnival Guest:

Your cruise is fast approaching, and we are excited to welcome you aboard for your vacation.  Given the unique circumstances related to the restart of guest operations, IT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER THAT YOU FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND COMPLETE REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION IN A TIMELY MANNER. 

As you know, we have committed to operating your cruise under the CDC requirements for what is being referred to as fully vaccinated cruises.  Under this process we are able to provide a small number of exemptions for those who are not vaccinated.  Fully vaccinated means you received the final dose of your vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation.

In order to be in compliance with the CDC standard we are sailing under,we are asking you to complete this vaccination questionnaire upon receipt of this email. Please log on to Carnival.com and go to the Cruise Manager located in "Manage My Booking” to complete the survey listed on your to-do list.  If you haven’t created an account, you will be required to do so before taking the survey. 

The form we require today must be submitted for each member of your traveling party. In order to manage your sailing, we must receive your completed questionnaire by 11:59 pm EDT on Monday, June 28.  If we do not receive your questionnaire, your reservation may be subject to cancellation and your cruise fare automatically refunded to your original form of payment.

Separately, you will be required to complete our Health Questionnaire 72 hours prior to sailing.

In addition please note:
  • If you have not done so already, please click Here to complete your Online Check-In process and sign up for text alerts so we can keep you informed of any important updates which may arise on embarkation day.

• For guests traveling with children, you should know that we do not plan to offer our supervised children’s programs on your cruise in order to minimize the risk for children under 12 who were granted an exemption because they could not be vaccinated..

• As a reminder, for any guest already granted an exemption, proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of sailing will be required at embarkation. Any unvaccinated guest including children under 12 without evidence of a negative PCR test will not be allowed to board. Children under the age of 2 are exempt from these testing requirements.

• Any unvaccinated guests (with the exception of those under the age of 2) will be required to undergo additional testing in the terminal prior to boarding and again 24 hours before debarkation.

• Testing and vaccination requirements continue to evolve in the destinations we visit so unvaccinated guests may be required to undergo additional testing during your cruise to satisfy government requirements in countries outside the U.S.
Please follow this link to complete the vaccination confirmation. Remember to act promptly, as we will begin finalizing the guest manifest for your cruise immediately after the deadline closes on Monday, June 28 at 11:59 pm EDT.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

Sincerely,

Colleen Oliverio
Vice President, Guest Services Contact Centers
Edited by cowboy$fan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone catch that the kids club won't be running?

I wonder how many parents are not going to complain about how horrible it was that they ALMOST had to cancel their cruise and how horrible it would be to tell their kids.. and now they have to tell their kids that the kids club isn't open.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I wonder how many parents are not going to complain about how horrible it was that they ALMOST had to cancel their cruise and how horrible it would be to tell their kids.. and now they have to tell their kids that the kids club isn't open.

I predicted that a long time ago. A perfect storm for a superspreader and lawsuits.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Yes, I noticed it.  I am not sure how fun that will be for parents and their children, but it is no surprise.  I thought that it would be hard for the kids to be kept away from each other at a kid's club.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cowboy$fan said:
6617b600-cbad-4bae-abbc-4b99711d11bb.png
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED - Please Act Promptly for Your Upcoming Cruise

Dear Carnival Guest:

Your cruise is fast approaching, and we are excited to welcome you aboard for your vacation.  Given the unique circumstances related to the restart of guest operations, IT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER THAT YOU FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND COMPLETE REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION IN A TIMELY MANNER. 

As you know, we have committed to operating your cruise under the CDC requirements for what is being referred to as fully vaccinated cruises.  Under this process we are able to provide a small number of exemptions for those who are not vaccinated.  Fully vaccinated means you received the final dose of your vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation.

In order to be in compliance with the CDC standard we are sailing under,we are asking you to complete this vaccination questionnaire upon receipt of this email. Please log on to Carnival.com and go to the Cruise Manager located in "Manage My Booking” to complete the survey listed on your to-do list.  If you haven’t created an account, you will be required to do so before taking the survey. 

The form we require today must be submitted for each member of your traveling party. In order to manage your sailing, we must receive your completed questionnaire by 11:59 pm EDT on Monday, June 28.  If we do not receive your questionnaire, your reservation may be subject to cancellation and your cruise fare automatically refunded to your original form of payment.

Separately, you will be required to complete our Health Questionnaire 72 hours prior to sailing.

In addition please note:
  • If you have not done so already, please click Here to complete your Online Check-In process and sign up for text alerts so we can keep you informed of any important updates which may arise on embarkation day.

• For guests traveling with children, you should know that we do not plan to offer our supervised children’s programs on your cruise in order to minimize the risk for children under 12 who were granted an exemption because they could not be vaccinated..

• As a reminder, for any guest already granted an exemption, proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of sailing will be required at embarkation. Any unvaccinated guest including children under 12 without evidence of a negative PCR test will not be allowed to board. Children under the age of 2 are exempt from these testing requirements.

• Any unvaccinated guests (with the exception of those under the age of 2) will be required to undergo additional testing in the terminal prior to boarding and again 24 hours before debarkation.

• Testing and vaccination requirements continue to evolve in the destinations we visit so unvaccinated guests may be required to undergo additional testing during your cruise to satisfy government requirements in countries outside the U.S.
Please follow this link to complete the vaccination confirmation. Remember to act promptly, as we will begin finalizing the guest manifest for your cruise immediately after the deadline closes on Monday, June 28 at 11:59 pm EDT.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

Sincerely,

Colleen Oliverio
Vice President, Guest Services Contact Centers

I didn't see where they talk about testing vaccinated before disembarkation. Isn't that still a requirement to enter the US?

12 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

I didn't see where they talk about testing vaccinated before disembarkation. Isn't that still a requirement to enter the US?

As a reminder, for any guest already granted an exemption, proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of sailing will be required at embarkation. Any unvaccinated guest including children under 12 without evidence of a negative PCR test will not be allowed to board. Children under the age of 2 are exempt from these testing requirements.

Any unvaccinated guests (with the exception of those under the age of 2) will be required to undergo additional testing in the terminal prior to boarding and again 24 hours before debarkation.

44 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

The conditional sail order does not require vaccinated passengers returning from a closed loop cruise from a US port to be tested (at least on the 95%+ vaccinated sailings).  

Those being tested from Caribbean home ports are doing so because they are re-entering the country by air. 

50 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:
As a reminder, for any guest already granted an exemption, proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of sailing will be required at embarkation. Any unvaccinated guest including children under 12 without evidence of a negative PCR test will not be allowed to board. Children under the age of 2 are exempt from these testing requirements.

Any unvaccinated guests (with the exception of those under the age of 2) will be required to undergo additional testing in the terminal prior to boarding and again 24 hours before debarkation.

I am talking about vaccinated. When you fly to the US you have to have a test before you can board. I haven't heard whether or not officially that you are or are not required to test before disembarkation back to the US. Why would cruising be any different?

19 minutes ago, geaux_aces said:

The conditional sail order does not require vaccinated passengers returning from a closed loop cruise from a US port to be tested (at least on the 95%+ vaccinated sailings).  

Those being tested from Caribbean home ports are doing so because they are re-entering the country by air. 

Yes, however airlines are required to require testing to enter the US, why would cruising be different? There is potential to encounter it in. a port or anywhere anyway. Why would or should cruising be different? That was the point in the Florida lawsuit, unequal treatment.

9 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Yes, however airlines are required to require testing to enter the US, why would cruising be different? There is potential to encounter it in. a port or anywhere anyway. Why would or should cruising be different? That was the point in the Florida lawsuit, unequal treatment.

I can’t answer “why?” they’ve done much of what’s been done during the pandemic. I was simply answering the question about vaccinated people being tested after a closed loop cruise from a US Port.  As someone who travels internationally a fair amount, I’d love for my vaccine card to count for re-entry by air instead of testing, but that’s just not the case yet. It is, however, the case for vaccinated cruisers on 95%+ vaccinated sailings from the US. I sure hope it stays that way too!

• Like 2

The unvaccinated that demand they be able to cruise are making it a lot harder on the cruiselines. As far as kids .....mine ALWAYS sail with the wife and I but this time they stay with Grandma this early on in the game. Some parents need to get more common sense. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, K_e_short said:

Yes, I noticed that also.

I imagine for parents who are bringing children that is better than being told they cannot bring them.

It says they will not have the children's club to protect those under 12. Does that also mean they won't have the club for the older children who are sailing and vaccinated?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

So because airline passengers have this additional requirement, you want another requirement for cruise passengers so they can be treated "equally"?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, K_e_short said:

My son never goes to that anyway, lol. When we go on a family vacation it's to do things as a family. We can spend time apart at home, ha ha but it's true. We're so busy during our average lives that vacation is when we get to spend just "us time" together as a family with nothing in the way. I took him once to "Camp" and he left within an hour. As he gets further into his teen years that might change but if he was disappointed it wasn't running I'd tell him he could just stay home then- his disappointment would fade quickly. It's not all going to be perfect right at re-start, that's just the way it is. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

So because airline passengers have this additional requirement, you want another requirement for cruise passengers so they can be treated "equally"?

Nooo but why require it for air and not cruising? Maybe it's time to drop the requirements for air testing. The cruise industry is being treated differently. 

2 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Nooo but why require it for air and not cruising? Maybe it's time to drop the requirements for air testing. The cruise industry is being treated differently. 

The cruise industry is being treated differently because it is different. Can you tell whether you are on a plane or a cruise ship? Do you fly for the same reason you cruise?

But, I will agree that I don't see the rhyme or reason as to why airline passengers have this requirement while cruise passengers do not.

7 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Well, that might be in the works but the requirements as of today are NO Required Testing for vaccinated cruise ship pax versus REQUIRED testing for airline pax returning to the US from overseas.  (In addition, one can walk into the US from Mexico w/o a test as well.  It's only an air travel requirement.)