Royal Caribbean offers

Hi

I have been waiting for a decent offer to come out before I use my FCC but that doesn’t seem to be happening 

The prices I am seeing are crazy

what do the think the chances are of an offer like kids sail free coming out before April 2022 when it needs used by 

13 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Since they're not likely to want a lot of kids sailing when they can't be vaccinated, I highly doubt that they will have a kids sail free anytime soon.

That’s a point, never looked at it like that 

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There are still some great prices out there.    Have you looked at any of the sailings out of Tampa?

Or the sailings on Anthem out of Bayonne next March look decent too. 

we are from the uk and wanted to do a European one that isn’t the med as we have done that so many times 

we really wanted the odyssey in September 2022 but it’s very expensive 

1 minute ago, Garyjames220 said:

That’s a point, never looked at it like that 

Sorry, I hope you find the right cruise for a good price. I know that we have 3 cruises booked and have found the prices to be not that high.

41 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

Hi

I have been waiting for a decent offer to come out before I use my FCC but that doesn’t seem to be happening 

what do the think the chances are of an offer like kids sail free coming out before April 2022 when it needs used by 

Lot of people have FCC that were given to them at 125%............so prices remain high until most of them are gone to make up for giving all those out.

Plus there is no need to fill the ship 100% anyway because of the protocols, so the people that do cruise now will pay more then usual on some of the itineraries. !

Excursions and things you buy on your cruise planners will cost more too to make up the extra 25 % they paid out.

What goes around come around $$$$  back to Royal !

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Garyjames220 said:

we are from the uk and wanted to do a European one that isn’t the med as we have done that so many times 

we really wanted the odyssey in September 2022 but it’s very expensive 

I was hoping to be cruising the UK and meeting cousins in Glasgow and Edinburgh this summer. One day it will happen! We just want to wait until we are sure we can get off the ship and do our own excursions, and everything is opened up again.

I haven't priced the European cruises lately. Odyssey is probably expensive because it is new. Are there other ships? Good luck finding a cruise for your family.

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

Two: Slim and None, and Slim has decided to do land vacations.

Edited by orville99
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Since they're not likely to want a lot of kids sailing when they can't be vaccinated, I highly doubt that they will have a kids sail free anytime soon.

I started looking for cruises for our family and grandkids late next year, I came to the same conclusion. We won't be booking with the kids until the situation gets to a point where Royal is offering incentives to do so again. That may be a while.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

I started looking for cruises for our family and grandkids late next year, I came to the same conclusion. We won't be booking with the kids until the situation gets to a point where Royal is offering incentives to do so again. That may be a while.

In a lot of ways, we are lucky that our only child is turning 18 in a few days. Not only did she choose to be vaccinated as soon as she was eligible, so we are all vaccinated and ready to go, but she also hasn't been eligible for a KSF discount since we returned to Royal in 2019. So we aren't missing the discount.

Are prices really that much higher? I thought we've gotten great prices on the 3 we have booked. 

I hope you can find the perfect cruise for your family!

13 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

Hi

Disagree, just looked back 3--4 years at all my cruises (3-4 per year) and although prices rise a bit most are not really out of line, not a huge jump just a few more here and there as to be expected.

Are you looking last minute because yes that will increase your price always has.

There's too many things contributing to price inflation. 

15 months of canceled cruises that had more than 100% FCC issued

15 months of people lifting and shifting cruises - many of which were booked during pandemic pricing (mine is $1400+ more right now which is 2.5 what I paid)

Limited ship capacity

Wanting to limit the number of unvax which means limiting the number of kids

Likely increased demand of people just wanting to do something

9 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Disagree, just looked back 3--4 years at all my cruises (3-4 per year) and although prices rise a bit most are not really out of line, not a huge jump just a few more here and there as to be expected.

Are you looking last minute because yes that will increase your price always has.

when your sailing with twins at 13 months old the kids sail free makes a big difference 

the cruises I had in the past it was a free premium drinks package, I wonder if even something like that will come out 

Edited by Garyjames220

48 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

when your sailing with twins at 13 months old the kids sail free makes a big difference 

the cruises I had in the past it was a free premium drinks package, I wonder if even something like that will come out 

I've never seen a sale with a free premium drink pkg from rcl. Was this from rcl or the TA.

I'd take it lol. Free is good.

50 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've never seen a sale with a free premium drink pkg from rcl. Was this from rcl or the TA.

I'd take it lol. Free is good.

it has been going many of years for us and had it on our last cruise with them

baring in mind this might have been a UK only offer 

On 6/26/2021 at 9:54 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

There are still some great prices out there.    Have you looked at any of the sailings out of Tampa?

Or the sailings on Anthem out of Bayonne next March look decent too. 

We just booked out of Bayonne next March. Price very good.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 4:58 PM, erinsmom03 said:

In a lot of ways, we are lucky that our only child is turning 18 in a few days. Not only did she choose to be vaccinated as soon as she was eligible, so we are all vaccinated and ready to go, but she also hasn't been eligible for a KSF discount since we returned to Royal in 2019. So we aren't missing the discount.

Are prices really that much higher? I thought we've gotten great prices on the 3 we have booked. 

I hope you can find the perfect cruise for your family!

Thanks! All our "kids" are grown. Everyone who can get vaccinated has been, but the grandkids are too young. They won't be cruising until they are vaccinated.

Since we generally pay for all the cabins, the full price for everyone gave me some serious sticker shock. I guess a "kids sail free"  sale will be a good indication that things are getting back to normal!

• Like 2