AmaWaterways AmaSerena

motro

Hello

Does anyone know where AMA Serena will be docking in Basel  I am booked on Oct 30 sailing and taking the train form Lucerne and need to find the closest Stop in Basel.

Thanks

If you go to the AMA site and click on My Cruise at the top right of the screen a drop down appears. Click on Prepare for Your Cruise and that takes you to another page with a TON of great information. At almost the end of the list of topics is Docking Locations. Click on that and it shows you all of the "normal" docking locations for each City. Know that you will not no for sure which location (or a completely different one) you will be at until a day or two before when the boat actually gets there. Safest bet is to call the boat directly (under another tab called Ship Contact Information) the day before or even the morning of embarkation. Also under the My Cruise tab is an FAQ with a TON of additional great information as well as information about the AMA Loyalty Program. You can also check-in for your cruise if you have your deposit in. This is where you put your passport and other contact information as well as flight arrival/departure information. I highly recommend doing this before you board as that way, you won't be filling out as many forms before getting to your room. Finally, this is where you will be able to sign up for some of your excursions several weeks before your cruise. This is especially important for optional or special excursions as they sometime fill up and they can not add additional capacity. 

On 6/29/2021 at 5:03 PM, AF-1 said:

What is the drive time from Zurich to Basel?  Thanks

According to Rome2Rio.com the drive takes 59 minutes, but without actual locations, that assumes city hall to city hall. The train from Zurich central station to Basel SBB takes as little as 54 minutes.

thanksgnome12.  I appreciate the feedback info.  I have a ways before my cruise so won't book anything for hotels or transportation yet.  Our trip is Jul 2023

23 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

thanksgnome12.  I appreciate the feedback info.  I have a ways before my cruise so won't book anything for hotels or transportation yet.  Our trip is Jul 2023

If you are doing a pre-cruise you might prefer staying in Lucerne, which is easy to get to from Zurich and easy to get from to Basel, by train. 

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to AmaWaterways AmaSerena