Noise issue? Getaway cabins right by elevators opening into its hallway

Middleager

On Getaway cabins: 14611-14541, 13641-13659, 12637-12657,  5639-5655.  The elevators opens right into the hallway for these cabins, so people can walk right into those cabins (some people talk loudly by elevators).

On some decks (e.g. 14) the at the end opens to other hallway/cabins, so people will definitely can walk through these cabins to get to other cabins.

If you've stayed in those cabins, did you experience noise issues (ding/beeps from the elevator, people talking walking nearby, etc.)?

I like the convenience of being near elevator/stairs.  But am concerned of noise level with the layout of those rooms.   Thanks.

Edited by Middleager
link to deck plan

I always book as close to the elevators as possible (bad knees). I never heard a sound from the hallways on the Getaway or Breakaway. I’m sure a rowdy loud group could be heard, that’s the case in any hallway.

• Like 1

not only that, but a few years back, we inadvertently booked a forward penthouse on the getaway, and like clockwork each morning we were able to hear the anchor being lowered getting into port.

what a joy, although otherwise the getaway is by far my favorite ship in ncl fleet. we're booked on it again this coming nov.  unfortunately, i dont think they have the illusionarium show any longer

• Like 1

I inadvertently booked a room right next to an elevator before. To this day, I’m still not sure how I allowed that to happen.
I was worried about the noise from other cruisers and there was none whats so ever. You will be fine. 

• Like 1

Probably a preferred location for most being close to the elevators. You may hear people coming back from the bar, but you'll never hear the elevator. But you'll hear noise issues with any room when people walk by and loud. I'd go with it, you'll be really close.

• Like 1

OP,  I wouldn't worry about it - we and our "group" have had similar interior staterooms on the GA's sister ship, the Breakaway and the Escape, that are steps away from the elevators AND stairs ... seldom hear any loud noises coming/going from the crowd.  Kids and grown ups running up & down the corridor(s) screaming and acting under the influence can be anywhere onboard, being far from the elevators or stairs do NOT assure you of peace & tranquility.  With the HVAC running & operating inside the cabin and the solid entry door in between, a pretty good seal do exist ... never had to toss a rolled up cotton towel to the bottom of the door to further block any noise.

But, we've never come up with an effective solution to "honeymooners" next door, sometimes late in the evening or middle of the night/early morning hours as they can be "loud" ... aside from "knocking" at those thinly padded partition wall.  Of course, we could've called direct, room-to-room to ask them to keep their noises down and ask whether they wish to be heard as background on our IG channel.  

Pix below are from the BA - Deck 13 AFT's interior corridor ... noises don't really travel that far down and make a 90 degree turn past those recessed entry doorways.  

IMG_20140329_120620.jpg

IMG_20140328_113603.jpg

IMG_20140328_113545.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mking8288 said:

OP,  I wouldn't worry about it - we and our "group" have had similar interior staterooms on the GA's sister ship, the Breakaway and the Escape, that are steps away from the elevators AND stairs ... seldom hear any loud noises coming/going from the crowd.  Kids and grown ups running up & down the corridor(s) screaming and acting under the influence can be anywhere onboard, being far from the elevators or stairs do NOT assure you of peace & tranquility.  With the HVAC running & operating inside the cabin and the solid entry door in between, a pretty good seal do exist ... never had to toss a rolled up cotton towel to the bottom of the door to further block any noise.

But, we've never come up with an effective solution to "honeymooners" next door, sometimes late in the evening or middle of the night/early morning hours as they can be "loud" ... aside from "knocking" at those thinly padded partition wall.  Of course, we could've called direct, room-to-room to ask them to keep their noises down and ask whether they wish to be heard as background on our IG channel.  

Pix below are from the BA - Deck 13 AFT's interior corridor ... noises don't really travel that far down and make a 90 degree turn past those recessed entry doorways.  

IMG_20140329_120620.jpg

IMG_20140328_113603.jpg

IMG_20140328_113545.jpg

Thanks so much.  These pics really help to see the recessed opening to the doors.  Yap that does provide a little privacy and reduction of noise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Thanks so much.  These pics really help to see the recessed opening to the doors.  Yap that does provide a little privacy and reduction of noise.

Glad this is helpful ... You do hear the high pitch noise from the steward's vacuum cleaner when s/he is operating in the daylight hours.  One of the staterooms we had on that BA sailing was the second one closest to the elevator "lobby"/outside hallway-corridor - with about a dozen cabins, loud noises and foot traffic thru was minimal to none.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1