Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

There is more and more we have to put on the Appl. before cruising. Getting more difficult. Now with the health information have to scan our vaccine records, I am getting tired of the whole thing.My vaccination card is now on both sides, haven't tried to scan that yet and don't know if we can.(Original vaccine and the two boosters). For those of us that barely know how to do  scanning etc, the joy of cruising is getting pretty lousy.Looks like we will have to also scan our Covid test results. That I definitely won't know how to do it.Having my husband help when he doesn't even know anything about the Medallion Appl. will make it worse.

13 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

There is more and more we have to put on the Appl. before cruising. Getting more difficult. Now with the health information have to scan our vaccine records, I am getting tired of the whole thing.My vaccination card is now on both sides, haven't tried to scan that yet and don't know if we can.(Original vaccine and the two boosters). For those of us that barely know how to do  scanning etc, the joy of cruising is getting pretty lousy.Looks like we will have to also scan our Covid test results. That I definitely won't know how to do it.Having my husband help when he doesn't even know anything about the Medallion Appl. will make it worse.

Does your card have a booster on the back?

Is your card on the back EXACTLY the same as your DH’s?

If so…let me know I’ll tell u how to do it.

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

14 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Another problem. My next cruise we don't have Princess plus.I want to purchase internet. Some have mentioned for Elite and Plats, the appl. now shows the discount. Not on mine, only has the full price and it is asking me to pay full price.

You can call princess and they can book the internet for you with your discount.

Call early when they open. 

25 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

If you can’t do this, don’t worry about it.  Do what you can ahead and take all your documents to the port.  They will check them. They are just trying to do as much as possible ahead of time and make the embarkation a smooth experience.

I’ve been very impressed how smoothly this process has been for Port Everglades.  If most are uploaded and in green lanes, this will just speed it up for those who have not been able to do it ahead.  It really only took a few minutes longer for those not in the green lane.

You could also do what you  can ahead of time on the website, if you don’t want to use the App.

Don’t worry about it.  

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

Another problem. My next cruise we don't have Princess plus.I want to purchase internet. Some have mentioned for Elite and Plats, the appl. now shows the discount. Not on mine, only has the full price and it is asking me to pay full price.

I had the same thing. Paid the full price. On our last cruise the discount came back as OBC once onboard. I expect it will be the same this time but will be taking documentation with me just in case. Not worth going through the hassle that is calling Princess these days IMO.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

One booster is on the front with the original vaccines, second booster on the back. My hubby has it done the same way but different dates on the booster.

1 minute ago, san diego sue said:

One booster is on the front with the original vaccines, second booster on the back. My hubby has it done the same way but different dates on the booster.

Okay then you do need to scan it.  If this is a problem then, just bring the cards to the port and they will check them.

You have to bring them anyway, even if you uploaded them.  So not s big deal.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

I had the same thing. Paid the full price. On our last cruise the discount came back as OBC once onboard. I expect it will be the same this time but will be taking documentation with me just in case. Not worth going through the hassle that is calling Princess these days IMO.

I’ve had it done both ways.  I just don’t want to have to go to guest services to correct it, if it’s not shown.  Just prefer to start my cruise without issues.  Lol

Are you leaving soon?  If not, maybe the App will be updated to show the discount again!  

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’ve had it done both ways.  I just don’t want to have to go to guest services to correct it, if it’s not shown.  Just prefer to start my cruise without issues.  Lol

Are you leaving soon?  If not, maybe the App will be updated to show the discount again!  

Leaving in early July. I also don't want to stand in those long lines at Passenger services to correct it.I am going to wait and see if my appl. changes and shows the discount.  My appl. had me as Blue Card instead of Elite member. I complained and it never got corrected. However, the medallions came in correct and on line personalizer was correct. I notice now the little"B" no longer there on our photos.No longer shows any status.We have cruised 4 times since last October. Only one didn't have Princess plus. I waited till we boarded to  buy the internet minutes. Instead of the $5.00 a day it was $7.50. Long lines at passenger services and not worth standing there for a 5 day cruise.($12.50).

I'm having fun...NOT.

Since the new "improved" update, I once again have a middle name (I actually don't have one) and it's DH's middle name. My DOB is now switched with DH's DOB. This makes our passport info incorrect and, of course, the app AND the web version won't let me fix it. I mean, what do I know?

Had to fight w/the app to log in, finally got in and get the white screen for health status.

We're both Elite, but DH has the little blue thing on his picture.

Did I mention that the app and the web version ate ALL of our previously loaded pictures (security and personal).

Sent an email to the app fixers and got back a quick response with a request for more information. Now, I'm waiting for them to fix it. 🤞

Luckily, we have until November.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'm having fun...NOT.

Since the new "improved" update, I once again have a middle name (I actually don't have one) and it's DH's middle name. My DOB is now switched with DH's DOB. This makes our passport info incorrect and, of course, the app AND the web version won't let me fix it. I mean, what do I know?

Had to fight w/the app to log in, finally got in and get the white screen for health status.

We're both Elite, but DH has the little blue thing on his picture.

Did I mention that the app and the web version ate ALL of our previously loaded pictures (security and personal).

Sent an email to the app fixers and got back a quick response with a request for more information. Now, I'm waiting for them to fix it. 🤞

Luckily, we have until November.

Oh My!!!  They should be able to fix it.  I would just make sure to keep your phone or ipad, whichever you’re using, updated.

They have a lot of bugs to fix.  🐜 🐛 🐞 

I’d just stay out of it for a while.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Leaving in early July. I also don't want to stand in those long lines at Passenger services to correct it.I am going to wait and see if my appl. changes and shows the discount.  My appl. had me as Blue Card instead of Elite member. I complained and it never got corrected. However, the medallions came in correct and on line personalizer was correct. I notice now the little"B" no longer there on our photos.No longer shows any status.We have cruised 4 times since last October. Only one didn't have Princess plus. I waited till we boarded to  buy the internet minutes. Instead of the $5.00 a day it was $7.50. Long lines at passenger services and not worth standing there for a 5 day cruise.($12.50).

I wish they had a dedicated line for Elites.

I’ve had good luck with calling in and their help.  Do you have a TA or a CVP with Princess?  They could help you too.

They just sold me a 50% off internet package on the phone.  Another one, I paid full in Feb and it was an obc my folio on day 1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Probably something else for OCEAN team to fix for you.  When you are logged in, check your profile photo and you have color logo representing CC Member Level.  Looks like yours may be Blue and should be Black.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It is for September. For this little amount, I will risk the possibility of maybe 10 min in the élite line at guest services, over sometimes hours on Princess phone hold time lately🤪. It will work out one way or the other.

Edited by Musky Ike

2 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

It is for September. For this little amount, I will risk the possibility of maybe 10 min in the élite line at guest services, over sometimes hours on Princess phone hold time lately🤪. It will work out one way or the other.

Absolutely!  I just held for 3 hours yesterday for Jif, checking my peanut butter, I hung up!  Today I held 4 hours and 50 mins for an airline cancelled flight. I held on, but thank goodness we can just leave it on hold on speaker! lol 😂   Seems so many companies are short staffed!

I’m all done holding now!

Well I just downloaded the app last night and hell its clunky.....it actually froze my phone twice with a white screen - its a decent phone btw. As a first time user / cruiser with Princess I trust it gets better onboard or I'm going old school😉

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Probably something else for OCEAN team to fix for you.  When you are logged in, check your profile photo and you have color logo representing CC Member Level.  Looks like yours may be Blue and should be Black.

Yes it showed blue, but yesterday no longer any little letter on my photo. My husband had an E by the latest booking (mine still B). Letters are gone right now, no status showing. Even with it incorrect, my medallions came correct on my previous cruises (March, April).No use in calling to correct status, done that a couple of times and no fix.

I do have a PVP but won't call her because I booked with my regular travel agent on my next cruises.

I will wait and see if things improve on the appl.(in our dreams) before trying to order the Internet again.

For over three months I’ve been trying to get my medallion fixed.  We disembarked on 2/27/22.  During that cruise there were medallion problems.  They “fixed it” by changing our end date to 2/27/27.  I didn’t notice at the time so didn’t say anything.  When we got off the ship I noticed our two 111 day world cruises were now blocked because they both take place before 2/27/27.  I can’t do anything for these cruises.  They don’t even show up on the app. I am getting madder and madder.  If they weren’t world cruises I would cancel them both and never take another princess cruise. This medallion is an unbelievable hunk of junk. They should hang their heads in shame.  And the complete lack of service makes it worse. How hard can it be to change that ending date? Every day I look to see where I supposedly am.  Today it was Dublin. What a joke.  I keep calling and emailing to no avail.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Yes it showed blue, but yesterday no longer any little letter on my photo. My husband had an E by the latest booking (mine still B). Letters are gone right now, no status showing. Even with it incorrect, my medallions came correct on my previous cruises (March, April).No use in calling to correct status, done that a couple of times and no fix.

I do have a PVP but won't call her because I booked with my regular travel agent on my next cruises.

I will wait and see if things improve on the appl.(in our dreams) before trying to order the Internet again.

You mention hubby has the Elite code.  That should suffice to get internet discount.  Did you try it by logging in as him to MC App?

56 minutes ago, jeno said:

For over three months I’ve been trying to get my medallion fixed.  We disembarked on 2/27/22.  During that cruise there were medallion problems.  They “fixed it” by changing our end date to 2/27/27.  I didn’t notice at the time so didn’t say anything.  When we got off the ship I noticed our two 111 day world cruises were now blocked because they both take place before 2/27/27.  I can’t do anything for these cruises.  They don’t even show up on the app. I am getting madder and madder.  If they weren’t world cruises I would cancel them both and never take another princess cruise. This medallion is an unbelievable hunk of junk. They should hang their heads in shame.  And the complete lack of service makes it worse. How hard can it be to change that ending date? Every day I look to see where I supposedly am.  Today it was Dublin. What a joke.  I keep calling and emailing to no avail.  

I really feel for everyone with these kind of stupid problems that I do agree should be easy to correct and yet are causing guests to be blocked from doing anything in regards to their booked voyages.  There really is no excuse and we are approaching the one-year anniversary of the MC App launch. 

It is especially disheartening when the issues are bad enough to just push guests away from Princess.  I have tried on multiple occasions to make this point to HQ execs, but I am thinking it is just collateral damage to them and they will just double down on marketing and hope to push by it all.  No doubt the IT team keeps telling them everything will be fixed soon.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the exec suite isn't really fully aware of the extent of issues and how their customers feel about it.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, jeno said:

Does everything look good on the website for your 2 world cruises? 

I would get customer relations involved with this one.  I have had issues in the past and they have called me to help.

You have emailed IT, I assume?

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

I would email customer relations for help.

Give your full names

booking numbers

ship and sailing dates 

Explain what happened and you need their help to straighten this out!

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You mention hubby has the Elite code.  That should suffice to get internet discount.  Did you try it by logging in as him to MC App?

Good catch! Just thought of that. It should show up as Elite 50% discount!

• Like 1