Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

@Steelers36  What is MC App?

I found @PacnGoNow instruction on how to find the Try Our Web Version clickable box, and was able to finish almost all needed stuff, including booking all 17 nights Dine My Way with a 20 min window, except upload the Vax cards and our own photos. 

Also ordered the free Medallions.  Let's see if they would ever arrive us before we leave home in late October.  I doubt it would since it said order shipped 10 to 21 days before embarkation.  If not we can always pick up them at the port, or just go the old fashion way with the key cards!

Something on Travel Direction or whatever it is called, is a new thing I have not seen pre-Pandemic.  The options are not really clear as Starting the Journey / Onward Journey.  But it is at least has a check in the date used, telling me the date should be after the cruise finished, when I picked the Onward Journey.

I found all the Vax cards photos are stored in the phones.  I need to get a set to the computer files then I can upload it.  I am not sure we want to upload the security photos as we haven't had any photos taken yet.  I guess we can try to do that and see how the Website would take it.  Not a biggie.  

I am shocked to see the test result can be a photo of self-test to upload.

Edited by nho9504

23 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Something on Travel Direction or whatever it is called, is a new thing I have not seen pre-Pandemic.  The options are not really clear as Starting the Journey / Onward Journey.  But it is at least has a check in the date used, telling me the date should be after the cruise finished, when I picked the Onward Journey.

This is the travel information to/from the ship that used to be in the Cruise Personalizer.  If you are booked with EZ-Air, it auto-populates.  Otherwise, enter your own flight arrangements if flying.  Otherwise you can indicate traveling by ground I think.

25 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

I found all the Vax cards photos are stored in the phones.

In a manner of speaking only.  Nothing like that is stored in the phone app.  It's all on Princess servers and the App just accesses the data when you are logged in and presents on the phone screen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nho9504 said:

OK, I just downloaded the app to an Android phone.

Try to log in using web credential.  It kept telling me credentials not correct.

Yet I can log in on the web with the same credential (email and password) without any issue.

What gives?

All I need to use this app is to purchase the elite discounted internet package.  Sigh.

Edit

Tried to log in by Booking Number.  After ID verification, it let me in and I saw the Medallion Net purchase options.  I guess I can still do things by logging under Booking Number, but that is NOT the way the App should work.  It should allow the same web log in credentials to let me in.

Do I need to set up a password with the App in order to be able to log in with email and password?

Try again today. IT was updating over the weekend. It may have affected your login. Seems to be back to normal today, whatever that is. 😆

10 hours ago, nho9504 said:

OK, I just downloaded the app to an Android phone.

Try to log in using web credential.  It kept telling me credentials not correct.

Yet I can log in on the web with the same credential (email and password) without any issue.

What gives?

All I need to use this app is to purchase the elite discounted internet package.  Sigh.

Edit

Tried to log in by Booking Number.  After ID verification, it let me in and I saw the Medallion Net purchase options.  I guess I can still do things by logging under Booking Number, but that is NOT the way the App should work.  It should allow the same web log in credentials to let me in.

Do I need to set up a password with the App in order to be able to log in with email and password?

It’s all sorts of crazy. Mine uses the same email from my web login but a different password. Changing them makes the system think I’m creating a new account .

The newest is I cancelled and rebooked a cruise (better fare). Now the app only shows my cancelled booking. Even if I log on with the new booking number, it pulls up the old cancelled one. 

6 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

It’s all sorts of crazy. Mine uses the same email from my web login but a different password. Changing them makes the system think I’m creating a new account .

The newest is I cancelled and rebooked a cruise (better fare). Now the app only shows my cancelled booking. Even if I log on with the new booking number, it pulls up the old cancelled one. 

If you cancelled and rebooked recently, it does take a few days to show up in the App and the cancelled one to fall off.

DO NOT create a new account, you will only complicate the records.

Right now, just make sure the website, cruise personalizer is correct and give it a few days to reflect in the App.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

If you cancelled and rebooked recently, it does take a few days to show up in the App and the cancelled one to fall off.

DO NOT create a new account, you will only complicate the records.

Right now, just make sure the website, cruise personalizer is correct and give it a few days to reflect in the App.

Thanks. I have no intention of creating a new account, it was a mess when I tried to match the two passwords.

I know it usually takes a bit, what is weird this time is that the cancelled one shows cancelled, but nothing on the new one. And it pulls up the cancelled one when I put In the new booking number.  I mean, why would putting in a booking number using Quick Access pull up a completely different booking number? 

It’s like two different systems/databases that don’t speak to each other very efficiently. But  since I don’t feel like calling anyone I’m going to give it a bit. 

9 hours ago, nho9504 said:

Also ordered the free Medallions.  Let's see if they would ever arrive us before we leave home in late October.  I doubt it would since it said order shipped 10 to 21 days before embarkation.  If not we can always pick up them at the port, or just go the old fashion way with the key cards!

The Ocean Medallion is shipped to you and usually you will receive it 10-14 days before sailing.  If you don’t receive it, just pick it up at the port, no biggie.  No more cards, they will give you an Medallion.

6 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Email the vax cards to your computer, then copy & paste into the web-based app. That's how I did it.

I finally found them already in my computer after I resent them from the phone.

Then I use the UPLOAD function to submit to the web-based app, did not use copy and paste.  It only has the Upload function and automatically goes to my computer's drive for me to find the photos.

Now our CDC cards used up the front for the 2 regular doses and 1 booster which was in Sept 2021.  We had the 2nd booster taken in Jun 2022 because at that time the EU required the last shot cannot be 270 days longer from the previous shot,  and could not be older than 270 days. 

The 2nd booster was recorded at the back of the CDC card,  without the patient name of course. 

On top of that the Princess website does NOT have the ability to upload 2 pictures,  because I tried to choose 2 pictures and it automatically dropped the first one.

It then has a function called Retake Photo.  I am afraid the system would automatically replace the previous upload with the latest upload!

They can manually examine the CDC cards at the pier I assume.

The GoGetDoc site for the VaxYes app that would transform the CDC card records into a QR code so it is much easier for traveling to countries like Qatar or Egypt (no longer required) that want to use QR code and would not accept CDC paper card but would accept QR code equivalent. 

The VaxYes app only takes 4 maxi shots...

CDC has the V-Safe phone based app that is self-reported, and seems not have limit on shots, can also generate a QR code. 

US vaccination record-keeping system probably is the most antiquated in the world even though we discovered the vaccines!

One more thing to add -

It is much easier to access web-version of Medallion app, thru that little blue box.  It loads in reasonable time.

However after I logged out and decided to log back in,  it gave me the Ocean Ready screen - that took forever and ever and still with the dreaded circle.  After 2+ min still only the circle churning I shut it down.

I dont know what is in Princess management's mind to insist on this crap.  RCL's app is a breeze to use and they do not have this crazy RFID device.  Their profits still surpass Carnival's.  Give the customers something that is efficient and easy to use, not something you need a hundreds and hundreds pages online discussion to figure how to jump thru hoops.

The ONLY thing it seems Princess still is keeping her customers, is the pricing.  That is not the right way to run a profitable business long term.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

You might want to find out if somehow you have two Captain's Circle numbers.  It happens.

12 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

I finally found them already in my computer after I resent them from the phone.

Then I use the UPLOAD function to submit to the web-based app, did not use copy and paste.  It only has the Upload function and automatically goes to my computer's drive for me to find the photos.

Now our CDC cards used up the front for the 2 regular doses and 1 booster which was in Sept 2021.  We had the 2nd booster taken in Jun 2022 because at that time the EU required the last shot cannot be 270 days longer from the previous shot,  and could not be older than 270 days. 

The 2nd booster was recorded at the back of the CDC card,  without the patient name of course. 

On top of that the Princess website does NOT have the ability to upload 2 pictures,  because I tried to choose 2 pictures and it automatically dropped the first one.

It then has a function called Retake Photo.  I am afraid the system would automatically replace the previous upload with the latest upload!

The GoGetDoc site for the VaxYes app that would transform the CDC card records into a QR code so it is much easier for traveling to countries like Qatar or Egypt (no longer required) that want to use QR code and would not accept CDC paper card but would accept QR code equivalent. 

The VaxYes app only takes 4 maxi shots...

CDC has the V-Safe phone based app that is self-reported, and seems not have limit on shots, can also generate a QR code. 

US vaccination record-keeping system probably is the most antiquated in the world even though we discovered the vaccines!

As you likely know, you don't need a 2nd booster, so who cares if it doesn't show in the photo?  Another option is to create a photo of the document with both front and back in it and upload that.

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

As you likely know, you don't need a 2nd booster, so who cares if it doesn't show in the photo?  Another option is to create a photo of the document with both front and back in it and upload that.

I dont know how to create a photo with both the front and back - it is not like making a photocopy that you can do one then put the other side on the paper then do another copy.  They can see the paper card at the pier if they need to.

Edited by nho9504

Here is something new - both good and bad.

I went to the phone app.  This time no need to log in, the app automatically display the cruise and the info I put in thru the Web Version,  but ONLY I am in it.

Went to download the app to my husband's phone,  thinking once he logs in the account, his Ocean Ready would also auto-populated because online it is all done for both person,  and his credit card takes care both account.

Nope,  the app gave unrecognized credentials error.  Just like yesterday on mine.

He can use the Booking Number to gain access.  But that is CRAZY!

Edited by nho9504

22 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Correct CAN and WILL. They're still checking all the things that they ask for us to "upload" into the app.

Anyone can show up at the pier with all the paperwork and nothing done on the app. It will take a few minutes more to get on the ship, but it won't keep you off of the ship.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

I dont know how to create a photo with both the front and back - it is not like making a photocopy that you can do one then put the other side on the paper then do another copy.  They can see the paper card at the pier if they need to.

Yes they can.  Like @Steelers36 

said it’s an option.  Anything that you can’t do on the website, it’s okay just take your documents with you to the port.

Do print out your luggage tags and travel summary to take with you.  Summary has all your onboard information also.

Do the Dine My Way reservations actually work?  I have serious doubt on it.

I booked every night. within a 20 min window between 7:00 and 7:20 because I want to be at Concerto and not Allegro because that location is super annoying, also to ensure we have "private" table.  I guess that means you would be at Table of Two if only 2 persons, and Table of Four if you have 3 or 4 persons, when opted for Private Table.

Edited by nho9504
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

If you cannot print from the original source on one piece of paper, you could re-use the first printed result and copy the backside of your document onto another section of the first page.  I have done this many times with things like a driver license where ours have info on both sides and someone has asked for both.  It's just an option as you don't need to load it.

1 hour ago, nho9504 said:

Do the Dine My Way reservations actually work?  I have serious doubt on it.

I booked every night. within a 20 min window between 7:00 and 7:20 because I want to be at Concerto and not Allegro because that location is super annoying, also to ensure we have "private" table.  I guess that means you would be at Table of Two if only 2 persons, and Table of Four if you have 3 or 4 persons, when opted for Private Table.

Yes, that is possible.  We had a table for two or private table on our last 6 cruises and they were all at a 4 top table. Mostly, because that’s what was available in the MDR.  So, no problems.

Way too many acronyms in this thread, I find it more confusing reading these posts than actually using the MedallionClass App. (No I am NOT going to call it MC).;)

I asked my CVP where I can get the MC App to book DMW for the MDR because it wasn't in the CP. I was also told my OM would be shipped to me and that the MC App acts as a BP.  *****! I need a BM now, TTFN...

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Way too many acronyms in this thread, I find it more confusing reading these posts than actually using the MedallionClass App. (No I am NOT going to call it MC).;)

I asked my CVP where I can get the MC App to book DMW for the MDR because it wasn't in the CP. I was also told my OM would be shipped to me and that the MC App acts as a BP.  *****! I need a BM now, TTFN...

I just wish using the MedallionClass app was even half as much fun as trying to figure out some of the acronyms (IMHO 😉) (BTW ❤️ TTFN)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2