Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

19 hours ago, Moxiefurball said:

I mean really Princess. All excited for our Sept 2023 med cruise on Sky but the medallion app  wow what is wrong with this thing.  ?? I cannot get into the area to put in my passport info, and other info they wanted.. it keeps circling around and around.  Does it not work at night, is this going to be a constant theme ?
also is the regular medallion with lanyard free or is there a charge .. 

I too am dealing with the 'circle of doom' on my phone under the Medallion App which I need in order to do Arrival Status update to go from blue line to green line.

BUT you can enter your other info via using a web version now at https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

much easier.

• Like 2

I’m sure this question was answered in 190 pages of answers, but can you use an Ocean Medallion if you have a pacemaker?  Someone I know said you cannot, you must get the old type of cruise card.  Thanks for answering this question.

33 minutes ago, Travelw said:

I’m sure this question was answered in 190 pages of answers, but can you use an Ocean Medallion if you have a pacemaker?  Someone I know said you cannot, you must get the old type of cruise card.  Thanks for answering this question.

@Travelw   This is from the medallion FAQ’s on the Princess site.

Is a Medallion wearable safe to use if I have a pacemaker, or other medical device?
The Medallion wearable includes magnets and RF technology that have been designed and manufactured to meet the radio frequency (RF) requirements set by the Federal Communications Commission of the United States. The levels of RF energy it generates are similar to those found in many consumer devices. Manufacturers of Implantable Pacemaker and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (ICDs) typically recommend that you keep your medical device 9 inches (23 cm) away from RF transmitters comparable to the one found inside the Medallion wearable. However, as every device differs, so you should check directly with the manufacturer of your medical device and physician for guidance.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/ocean-faq

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

@Travelw   This is from the medallion FAQ’s on the Princess site.

Is a Medallion wearable safe to use if I have a pacemaker, or other medical device?
The Medallion wearable includes magnets and RF technology that have been designed and manufactured to meet the radio frequency (RF) requirements set by the Federal Communications Commission of the United States. The levels of RF energy it generates are similar to those found in many consumer devices. Manufacturers of Implantable Pacemaker and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (ICDs) typically recommend that you keep your medical device 9 inches (23 cm) away from RF transmitters comparable to the one found inside the Medallion wearable. However, as every device differs, so you should check directly with the manufacturer of your medical device and physician for guidance.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/ocean-faq

And some have said they carry it in their hip pocket.  I’d check with my Dr or manufacturer.

• Like 1

On board Crown Princess and for the first week the app seemed to work pretty well. Then we found that if you were using the app, went to do something else on the phone (a Samsung using Android all up to date) the app went to a black screen and the only way back was to close the app and then re-open it.

Went to see the Ocean Force techies and they've never seen this fault before, have no idea how to fix it and 4 days later have still had no response from the app developers!

Up until this happened we were pleasantly surprised with how well the app worked for us.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:15 PM, memoak said:

Yeah but I have no option. When I try to long in with ID and password it tells me it is no good and won’t even recognize my ID. Have 5 cruises working ok on the app and one that will not come up even when I log in using that booking number. Yes it logs in using it but will not show up. Hoping after my March cruise I can get this solved but not going to muck with it since all is good on the app for the March cruise

And of course out of nowhere yesterday the 6th cruise just popped up. I guess best advice is to just wait and good things will happen

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Prefdavid said:

On board Crown Princess and for the first week the app seemed to work pretty well. Then we found that if you were using the app, went to do something else on the phone (a Samsung using Android all up to date) the app went to a black screen and the only way back was to close the app and then re-open it.

Went to see the Ocean Force techies and they've never seen this fault before, have no idea how to fix it and 4 days later have still had no response from the app developers!

Up until this happened we were pleasantly surprised with how well the app worked for us.

I hope your problem is fixed now.  

Maybe you'd like to draw the attention of the Ocean Force techies to these three threads!!  Keep them busy for a while.....😉

Just booked a cruise with Premier. Now I am Platinum and under the medallion net tab it no longer shows having 4 devices but says I can purchase wifi with 50% discount. Its obviously noted I have the Premier Package because it shows dining credit.  Can you use the dining credit to book specialty dining pre cruise without them taking it from your credit card?  Is it likely that it will at some point realise we have wifi booked already through Premier?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

Just booked a cruise with Premier. Now I am Platinum and under the medallion net tab it no longer shows having 4 devices but says I can purchase wifi with 50% discount. Its obviously noted I have the Premier Package because it shows dining credit.  Can you use the dining credit to book specialty dining pre cruise without them taking it from your credit card?  Is it likely that it will at some point realise we have wifi booked already through Premier?

Thanks

This is the second time I have seen a note about Princess App apparently not recognizing the MedallionNet package.  I suppose a guest could order another one, but who knows why.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Login to Cruise Personalizer and look up your Travel Summary.  It will show all your goodies and MedallionNet 4 devices should be listed there.

Yes, the App should recognize your SD credit.  Just go into DMW and do a mock SD booking.  When you have selected restaurant, date, and time, go to next step where it looks to collect the $39x2 owed.  It should show a $78 credit and $0 to be collected.  You can confirm the booking or bail at that point. 

• Like 1

Thank you for that, I have checked the cruise personalizer and along with the invoice it notes the 4 devices per person. I will follow your advice and do a mock booking, good to know you can book or bail.

If everything shows as correct except for the app I suppose it is ok to presume it can be sorted once onboard if it doesn't in the app before, pain to have to waste precious time at guest services though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This is the second time I have seen a note about Princess App apparently not recognizing the MedallionNet package.  I suppose a guest could order another one, but who knows why.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Login to Cruise Personalizer and look up your Travel Summary.  It will show all your goodies and MedallionNet 4 devices should be listed there.

Yes, the App should recognize your SD credit.  Just go into DMW and do a mock SD booking.  When you have selected restaurant, date, and time, go to next step where it looks to collect the $39x2 owed.  It should show a $78 credit and $0 to be collected.  You can confirm the booking or bail at that point. 

We always print out the travel summary so we have back up if something doesn’t show up 

• Like 2

Question about receiving our medallions in time. We are on the land portion pre cruise in July/August. We are on Princess land tour Venice - Rome the week before the cruise so have EZair JFK to Venice and wonder as everything is through Princess if they will be sending us our medallions in time? They were ordered and order was confirmed in Dec. to be sent to our home. After final payment in May should my TA send something to them or just wait and see.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Question about receiving our medallions in time. We are on the land portion pre cruise in July/August. We are on Princess land tour Venice - Rome the week before the cruise so have EZair JFK to Venice and wonder as everything is through Princess if they will be sending us our medallions in time? They were ordered and order was confirmed in Dec. to be sent to our home. After final payment in May should my TA send something to them or just wait and see.

Thanks

They all go out en masse and I have never heard of special shipments in a situation like this.  You might get them and you might not.  Can always get them at the check-in terminal.  If you have Plus or Premier cruise fare, then go ahead and order (costs you nothing).  Regardless, you can always get them at the pier.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks

They’re mailed 21 to 14 days before.  We usually get ours about 12 days before sailing date.  

• Like 1

Need help logging into the Medallion ap for my husband.   I have logged into the app and entered information without trouble.  My husband is not able to get on the app   He tries logging in using the booking number but it doesn't work. He get a response unable to ....  Then he tried creating a new account and that doesn't work either.  What are we missing?   Can someone please advise if there is a special way for the second person in the room to get on the app.

25 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

I am leaving on cruise next Saturday Mar 11.   Have been green lane for weeks now but today it says blue lane.   Wonder what is going on....

We are leaving on March 11th also. Everything in the app has a green checkmark by it.  I don’t get it.   

36 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

I am leaving on cruise next Saturday Mar 11.   Have been green lane for weeks now but today it says blue lane.   Wonder what is going on....

Go through each Ocean Ready section and step for both cabinmates and see if something is missing or incorrect.  Just an idea.

1 hour ago, LPG27 said:

Need help logging into the Medallion ap for my husband.   I have logged into the app and entered information without trouble.  My husband is not able to get on the app   He tries logging in using the booking number but it doesn't work. He get a response unable to ....  Then he tried creating a new account and that doesn't work either.  What are we missing?   Can someone please advise if there is a special way for the second person in the room to get on the app.

Could be data corruption.  Login to Princess.com and review your profile in detail and see if all items are correct and complete.  Call Princess and have them look into your records.  See if there is a duplicate record for him with two different CC Member Numbers.  Which Member Number is associated with the cruise bookiing?