Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

More of the idiotic Princess policy of naming different things with similar names.

With that, I wholeheartedly agree. Creates nothing but confusion with many, many passengers. I am absolutely convinced that the people who come up with this stuff have never used them as customers.

Edited by lstone19
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Not so much a fault as a misunderstanding. When you click on an activity and say you’re going, it isn’t creating a reservation.  It has no purpose that Princess has shared with us. 

🥴 Despite all the problems I've had with it, four years on and I'm still trying to give it the benefit of the doubt...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

🥴 Despite all the problems I've had with it, four years on and I'm still trying to give it the benefit of the doubt...

I'm one of the weirdos. I see minor glitches - like my wife's security and profile pics disappearing with the latest update - but, for the most part, it just works for me.

• Like 5

On 6/3/2023 at 2:09 AM, BamaVol said:

Not so much a fault as a misunderstanding. When you click on an activity and say you’re going, it isn’t creating a reservation.  It has no purpose that Princess has shared with us. 

I didn't actually realise that was where you signed up for an activity.  I just clicked on it to look and it said 'This event has reached full capacity'.  I'll know to ignore it another next time.

So I gather these have replaced key cards.  Are you allowed to keep them when you disembark like you could the cards?  My wife scrapbooks and likes to have them in the book, so am curious.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OttawaJohn said:

So I gather these have replaced key cards.  Are you allowed to keep them when you disembark like you could the cards?  My wife scrapbooks and likes to have them in the book, so am curious.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can keep them you need them to get off the ship then we just put them in recycling when we get home. They are a little thick to put in a scrapbook 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OttawaJohn said:

Thanks in advance.

You can keep the medallion after you clock off the ship.  IMO, they ought to have a recycle disposal bin at the gangway for those who don't want to keep them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OttawaJohn said:

My wife scrapbooks and likes to have them in the book, so am curious.

They are magnetic so you can use them to display on the front of your fridge, but they are about the same size as four CAD toonies or USD 50-cent pieces stacked together, just for reference.  A bit challenging for a scrapbook.  😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OttawaJohn said:

Thanks all.  And yeah, I was confused on the size.  Images and videos show it kinda big but the website says it's "quarter sized."  Not sure what it's a quarter of 🙂

A quarter is about 0.955 inches in diameter.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OttawaJohn said:

Thanks all.  And yeah, I was confused on the size.  Images and videos show it kinda big but the website says it's "quarter sized."  Not sure what it's a quarter of 🙂

A quarter of a US

Dollar. A 25¢ coin. Back in the day merchants would cut your gold

Dollar coin into pieces. A dollar could be cut into 8 "bits" and a quarter of a

Dollar was called 2 bits. It was still not uncommon to hear someone say something cost "2 bits" or "6 bits" even when I was young.

A Medallion will fit in a holder for the Apple Air Tag.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 2:19 PM, Thrak said:

The Medallion doesn't work at all off the ship. The issues are not with the Medallion. It's the MedallionClass App that gives people problems. More of the idiotic Princess policy of naming different things with similar names.

You are correct, sir. I meant to say the MedallionClass app...not the medallion. But interestingly, on board the Island Princess for our recent trip through the Panama Canal, we forever had to give our room number with each drink order to all the bartenders....and at all the Stores....or at the Spa......

I thought the whole purpose was that it would recognize you and all the information would pop-up on their screens so we didn't have to give room numbers.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

A quarter of a US

Dollar. A 25¢ coin. Back in the day merchants would cut your gold

Dollar coin into pieces. A dollar could be cut into 8 "bits" and a quarter of a

Dollar was called 2 bits. It was still not uncommon to hear someone say something cost "2 bits" or "6 bits" even when I was young.

A Medallion will fit in a holder for the Apple Air Tag.

When you were young, didn't cars have crank handles in the front?  😁

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You can keep the medallion after you clock off the ship.  IMO, they ought to have a recycle disposal bin at the gangway for those who don't want to keep them.

I wish they would give the lanyard as a free option rather than automatically including them.  I like to keep the Medallion as a souvenir,  but have no use for the lanyard. DH bought a wristband and I keep me in my pocket most of the time. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, donswife said:

I wish they would give the lanyard as a free option rather than automatically including them.  I like to keep the Medallion as a souvenir,  but have no use for the lanyard. DH bought a wristband and I keep me in my pocket most of the time. 

I've been dropping them off at the Ocean Navigator's desk once onboard - hoping that if it becomes enough of a nuisance for them, someone will pass that on to the head office.  🤭

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There are many (many!) posters in this forum who are quite a bit older than me. I am however, old enough to have started school with a 48 star flag.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Outrageous!!!  But funny...CruiseCritic is like a big family....nice to see it all in good fun!  Cruising folks are the best of folks!!!

• Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 6:09 PM, BamaVol said:

When you click on an activity and say you’re going, it isn’t creating a reservation.  It has no purpose that Princess has shared with us. 

The main purpose of the bookmark is you can set JourneyView to only show you bookmarked events, instead of every event.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, donswife said:

Do you have a picture of the wristband?  And how much was it?  Do they have a lot of large sizes in stock?  I read that some ships don't have very many left and they are too small for most except kids and small adults. 

On 6/3/2023 at 3:19 PM, Thrak said:

The Medallion doesn't work at all off the ship. 

I thought originally, princess had announced that there would be some preferred vendors (off the ship) where you could use the medallion.

Wildly unlikely that princess could ever get something like that working, so your statement is completely true!

I guess I will have to use travelers checks whenever I want to buy tanzanite...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

Do you have a picture of the wristband?  And how much was it?  Do they have a lot of large sizes in stock?  I read that some ships don't have very many left and they are too small for most except kids and small adults. 

Here is a pic of the LARGE wristband, with ruler for size. 20230605_1633223.thumb.jpg.93380ffade944e9e5df6007ec9b125ba.jpg

Ignore the weight holding it down, it wouldn't lay flat. 

• Thanks 1