Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 9/22/2023 at 12:40 PM, amajaa said:

How do you dispose of your Medallion when you get back environmentally friendly. It's got a battery in it and has a magnet plus it has your name on it. You can't just throw it in the rubbish bin as not allowed to put batteries in with the normal rubbish. You are supposed to recycle batteries, there are recycling points in most supermarkets. But you can't put it in there as it's not just a battery but has a magnet on it, plus as I said it has your names on it.  Before anyone says , no I don't want to use as a fridge magnet or keep as a momento, just more for the kids to get rid of when we are no longer here ( Haha I was going to say when we pop our clogs, but wasn't sure if other nationalities would understand that one 😀

I dont understand why they dont have a drop off box at checkout on the last day, then Princess can sort out their disposal.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2023 at 11:31 AM, terrierjohn said:

dont understand why they dont have a drop off box at checkout on the last day, then Princess can sort out their disposal.

After 9/11, princess collected cruise cards from disembarking passengers for a while...

Lots of wailing about how I want to put them in my scrapbook, etc.

I don't think many people would use a drop off box.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rapister said:

anyone has their app suddenly delink the cruise from their accounts, 

and gives an error when you try to put it back in again? 

I sail today and my QR code has vanished and there is nothing there to check in 😬   

My son who is also travelling on the same cruise has the QR code ready to scan.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rapister said:

Yes, dealing with that very same issue currently.  Of greater annoyance is that mine is the first leg of a back-to-back and I can't access anything that needs to be done on the app for the second leg either.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, ThomasBarrow said:

I sail today and my QR code has vanished and there is nothing there to check in 😬   

please share with us, how you managed to embark, in the end... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ThomasBarrow said:

You probably won't be asked for the QR code.  Just your passport and your Medallion, if you had that shipped to you at home, otherwise you'll get that at the port.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rapister said:

Yep, both of my upcoming cruises have disappeared, they were there yesterday. Fortunately they are still listed if I access my account via the web. I haven't tried to link the bookings to put them back as people have suggested not doing that in the past. I came on here to see if others were having the same problem and as that is the case I'll just wait for Princess to get their IT in order, again. Our next cruise isn't until Feb so no rush for us (plus everything is accessible via the Net if I need it).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Yep, both of my upcoming cruises have disappeared, they were there yesterday. Fortunately they are still listed if I access my account via the web. I haven't tried to link the bookings to put them back as people have suggested not doing that in the past. I came on here to see if others were having the same problem and as that is the case I'll just wait for Princess to get their IT in order, again. Our next cruise isn't until Feb so no rush for us (plus everything is accessible via the Net if I need it).

yea pretty weird

but mine popped back suddenly on the app

maybe you can check it again a lttle while later i suppose 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, rapister said:

yea pretty weird

but mine popped back suddenly on the app

maybe you can check it again a lttle while later i suppose 

Yep, they are both back. I never usually log out of the App on my phone but did earlier today and that didn't work, however logging out and signing back in now and they are back. For those of us who have some experience with Princess we know not to let such glitches concern us but for newbies it doesn't instill any confidence.

I still have the situation where the App shows me as fully checked in, yet the personalizer says my check in is incomplete but gives no indication of what is not completed. Only Princess!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I still have the situation where the App shows me as fully checked in, yet the personalizer says my check in is incomplete but gives no indication of what is not completed.

I went from being complete to incomplete when I ordered the Medallions.  My options were for either "Ship to address pre-cruise" or "Pickup via Blue Lane at port."  Given that Blue Lane in the past was used for passengers with incomplete data, my conclusion is that there is still an association with incomplete data and blue lane just to cause further confusion for passengers. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I went from being complete to incomplete when I ordered the Medallions.  My options were for either "Ship to address pre-cruise" or "Pickup via Blue Lane at port."  Given that Blue Lane in the past was used for passengers with incomplete data, my conclusion is that there is still an association with incomplete data and blue lane just to cause further confusion for passengers. 

I think you are correct. We have no option in Australia but to collect the medallions at the port, however I can't figure why the App shows us as fully checked in, yet the Personalizer shows incomplete. I'm sure it's to do with the Medallions but I've done the bit where I order the lanyard etc. Others have said what they think of Princess IT Department and I can only agree. In the whole scheme of things no big deal.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I think you are correct. We have no option in Australia but to collect the medallions at the port, however I can't figure why the App shows us as fully checked in, yet the Personalizer shows incomplete. I'm sure it's to do with the Medallions but I've done the bit where I order the lanyard etc. Others have said what they think of Princess IT Department and I can only agree. In the whole scheme of things no big deal.

Just one more stunning example of when Princess IT Department seems to confuse (or just accept) the definition of work-around versus FIX.  🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rapister said:

Yup.....everything has been erased from the app. I wonder if they have upgraded the app? A major change to deactivate its functionality until we're on board???

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, rapister said:

please share with us, how you managed to embark, in the end... 

It is not necessary to have a QR code which is part of the App Boarding Pass screen, which you don't need either.  It's really just reminder info for the guest.  PCL check in can use it but not at all required.

• Like 1

Last night i checked my app and all my dining reservations were gone.  I logged out and back into the app and fortunately they were all back.  I didn't want to have to start making reservations again as the choice of times are very limited this close to my cruise (December 30th).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sabookkeeper said:

Last night i checked my app and all my dining reservations were gone.  I logged out and back into the app and fortunately they were all back.  I didn't want to have to start making reservations again as the choice of times are very limited this close to my cruise (December 30th).

Probably needed a refresh after some IT changes or data loads.  No harm done it would appear.

• Thanks 1

I have been through this thread and seen the comments about id photos.  I am sailing next week and think I have the app set up correctly, but I can't see how to upload a photo.  As I am in Australia we will get our medallions on embarkation.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sabookkeeper said:

Same thing happened to me. But all is back on and up and running again .... at least for now!

21 hours ago, ThomasBarrow said:

Our cruise info/room disappeared right before embarkation but came back on, hope yours does the same.  

I received this email in the middle of the night (here in Australia):

Your Princess® vacation is only a few days away!

We've recently improved our OceanReady® process. Green Lane means you've completed your travel checklist and had your Medallion® wearable device delivered to your home. Blue Lane means you might have some required items left to complete in your travel checklist, or you'll be picking up your Medallion wearable device at the port. Please check the home screen of your Princess MedallionClass® app for your lane assignment.

As always, our Accessibility Lane will be available for guests with mobility limitations or other accessibility needs. This is a dedicated lane for streamlined support and will be marked by signage.

Now you no longer need to select an arrival group - Please refer to your OceanReady® Pass on your mobile device to see what time check-in will open and close.

FYI.....the app says my check-in is between 1PM-3PM. I never check in that late.  Sure hoping I can drop off my luggage at the port earlier than that.

Another interesting thing is that after the voyage disappeared from the app just a day ago and then it reappeared, it went from specifying the deck and the cabin reflecting the reservation and now both the deck and the cabin say "pending". Someone said that's because I have an upgrade bid pending. But the status changed from pending to the deck and cabin of the reservation...and now it's back to pending again. Who knows.......

We just disembarked recently from the Ruby and our app did that as well.  I was hoping it meant an upgrade too, sadly it didn't.  Upon boarding the medallion showed all pertinent info. we needed.

We just got back from a Discovery Princess last week and we had bid on an upgrade and we were notified by Princess via email when it was accepted.  The mini suite was amazing on the Discovery.   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cruisintimer said:

We just disembarked recently from the Ruby and our app did that as well.  I was hoping it meant an upgrade too, sadly it didn't.  Upon boarding the medallion showed all pertinent info. we needed.

We just got back from a Discovery Princess last week and we had bid on an upgrade and we were notified by Princess via email when it was accepted.  The mini suite was amazing on the Discovery.   

Congrats on the Discovery upgrade! I swear.....once you've gone mini-suite you never want to go back. I'll see how I feel after my upcoming cabin experience aboard the Grand Princess. So spoiled....any cabin is fine since I'm going on a cruise!!!  Yahoo!!!

• Like 1