Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 hours ago, sarahuk said:

Hi, we live in UK and have just booked Sky Princess for March 2024 sailing from Southampton.

I’ve completed all the information needed for myself and my husband on the Medallion app. I tried to complete my medallion order but when it gets to home address for shipment it says only USA and Mexico. It’s says for Southampton I have to collect at port.

Is this because it’s too early to request pre cruise shipment or does Princess never ship medallions to home addresses in the UK ?

Thanks for any help or advice. Sarah

At the moment there is no shipping for the UK. Blue lane to collect at Southampton Port.

It may change in the future with a bit of luck and a following breeze.

7 hours ago, Redrobo said:

At the moment there is no shipping for the UK. Blue lane to collect at Southampton Port.

It may change in the future with a bit of luck and a following breeze.

PCL announced UK, Australia, NZ are coming for home delivery.  Canada (and perhaps Mexico) was to come first and has been implemented.  Now, PCL was promising Canada almost two years before it actually happened, so don't hold your breath in the UK.  Maybe by new year it will be ready?  YGIAGAM.

• Like 1

Warning the latest, as of November 3, 2023, Android version of this app is completely broken. At least on my S23 it is.

Looks like they have tried to add voice prompting from the app, perhaps for visually impaired users,  but it has totally broken the app. You can't scroll or click on anything.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.0.108702 (Nov1 release) from the Playstore..

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, nzOdy said:

Warning the latest, as of November 3, 2023, Android version of this app is completely broken. At least on my S23 it is.

Looks like they have tried to add voice prompting from the app, perhaps for visually impaired users,  but it has totally broken the app. You can't scroll or click on anything.

I came here to say the same thing. The app has always been dreadful but since the latest update it is completely unusable on my Google Pixel phone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kellyansapansa said:

I came here to say the same thing. The app has always been dreadful but since the latest update it is completely unusable on my Google Pixel phone.

I fell for updating the app since I'll be cruising without internet.

Another failure for their IT department.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nzOdy said:

I just checked my husbands Android phone (he still has the old version installed) and unless you chose update it'll no longer work. 😄

I updated & mine no longer works either.

We're screwed either way. 😡

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I just checked my husbands Android phone (he still has the old version installed) and unless you chose update it'll no longer work. 😄

Just updated to the new version and it seems to be working for me. I opened a few tabs and done a DMW booking and all worked. 

• Like 2

Just now, MissP22 said:

What type of phone do you have?

Samsung A53. I also have a Samsung tablet S7+ but I haven't tried to update the App on that as yet - I probably shouldn't push my luck. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I have used the app support email to let them know they completely broke it. Hopefully they either fix it or roll it back pretty quickly. Otherwise I'll be sideloading an older .apk from one of the mirror sites. We cruise in 16 days!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, nzOdy said:

I have used the app support email to let them know they completely broke it. Hopefully they either fix it or roll it back pretty quickly. Otherwise I'll be sideloading an older .apk from one of the mirror sites. We cruise in 16 days!

Yup completely unusable. I did "figure" out I can input fields like name/reservation id by tapping the button twice for everything from choosing field to input on keyboard but I can't scroll or do anything once logged in

How they was allowed to be published is beyond baffling. Do they truly have absolutely zero QA at all? 

What's the email address? I'll send them one too (quick search didn't find it)

Edited by gilboman
  • Like 3

it's under the App Support section in the PlayStore, but it's gxistudio@carnival.com.

I did find the previous version of the app, installed it and it opens to a screen saying "There is an Update Available"

So you're right we are screwed either way right now!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, gilboman said:

Yup completely unusable. I did "figure" out I can input fields like name/reservation id by tapping the button twice for everything from choosing field to input on keyboard but I can't scroll or do anything once logged in

How they was allowed to be published is beyond baffling. Do they truly have absolutely zero QA at all? 

What's the email address? I'll send them one too (quick search didn't find it)

Tapping twice at least allowed me to put some info back in but the QR code is only half shown so it can't be read by their scanner. I spent an hour trying to eliminate the voice thinking it was my phone that was the problem.😡

I think I'll tell them that I viewed the muster info on my phone & let them figure it out why it didn't resister. 

Edited by MissP22
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

What type of phone do you have?

Mine is a Samsung S23+.

To the person in Australia saying their app is working, it's entirely possible the AU and US playstores have different versions. It's also possible the app behaves differently based on user locale. I'm in the US, so it appears to be broken for US users at the very minimum!

• Like 2

"Works" on Apple iPhone 13 Pro - at least I can navigate to the point of seeing the bugs that continue to plague my upcoming reservations still haven't been quashed.  🥴

Edit to add:  version 4.14 (108702)

Edited by kamelia
added version number this comment pertains to
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kamelia said:

"Works" on Apple iPhone 13 Pro - at least I can navigate to the point of seeing the bugs that continue to plague my upcoming reservations still haven't been quashed.  🥴

Edit to add:  version 4.14 (108702)

Yes, this is an Android app issue, specifically version 3.0.108702, released Nov 1st.

Edited by nzOdy
adding date
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, nzOdy said:

Yes, this is an Android app issue, specifically version 3.0.108702, released Nov 1st.

Thanks.  I just hadn't seen any comments relative to how the update might have affected Apple products, so thought I'd weigh in to say that it seems to be specific to the Android update.  😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nzOdy said:

Mine is a Samsung S23+.

To the person in Australia saying their app is working, it's entirely possible the AU and US playstores have different versions. It's also possible the app behaves differently based on user locale. I'm in the US, so it appears to be broken for US users at the very minimum!

I wonder how they address the problem of not being able to use the app for ordering things on the ship? I suppose you could tell a crew member what you want & have them order it for you.

• Like 2

Just now, MissP22 said:

I wonder how they address the problem of not being able to use the app for ordering things on the ship? I suppose you could tell a crew member what you want & have them order it for you.

Yup - if they don't fix it quickly, all Android owners will be cruising as if you have no smart phone, doing everything manually.

I have an old iPhone 4 laying around somewhere I bet the app won't even install on it saying it needs a later version of IOS.

This is a seriously mucked up situation. This one is not 'just another bug'!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nzOdy said:

Yup - if they don't fix it quickly, all Android owners will be cruising as if you have no smart phone, doing everything manually.

I have an old iPhone 4 laying around somewhere I bet the app won't even install on it saying it needs a later version of IOS.

This is a seriously mucked up situation. This one is not 'just another bug'!

If you call Princess they'll tell you to reinstall the app.(like that's going to work). When you tell them it's the same, they just say to let them know on the ship & they'll fix it for you. Yea, right. 😒 

• Like 2

Yeah, the phone agents are working from a 'script'. I told them the script isn't going to work, I need a supervisor. He took the details of the issue but I still sense he doesn't get it. They are so used to people calling in with bugs that they can't comprehend the thing is currently completely broken!

I've also emailed customer relations and tried to email some executives speaking to the customer support costs and customer happiness costs they are incurring - probably won't reach them, but I've tried. I've also notified them on twitter/X, where I got a generic scripted response.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nzOdy said:

I have the same version on my Pixel 6 and I am having the same issue. I thought it was just me, until I decided to check the forums.

I even tried to completely disable the accessibility functions on my phone and the app is still stuck in screen reader mode.

Since their check-in process and on-board service require the use of their mobile app, a non-functional android app is completely unacceptable.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, shutterbug12 said:

.... Since their check-in process and on-board service require the use of their mobile app, a non-functional android app is completely unacceptable.

Totally agree. It's quite shocking to me that this got cleared for release! I'm now dreading the cruise coming up this month!

• Like 2