Only Cagney’s & Le Bistro?

Michigan123

I am booked on my second NCL cruise for May of 2022. I have been following the threads regarding which Speciality Dining Restaurants are included in the Take 5 for Free promotion. I’m a little confused, the various posts that I’m reading are basically saying I can use my promotional dining credit at any of the Specialty Restaurants. I looked at the terms & conditions for the Take 5 on the NCL website and it  states “Specialty Dining Package include one main course per person at Cagney’s and Le Bistro restaurants.”  So am I missing something? Should I just plan on the two restaurants to use my credit?

7 minutes ago, Michigan123 said:

I am booked on my second NCL cruise for May of 2022. I have been following the threads regarding which Speciality Dining Restaurants are included in the Take 5 for Free promotion. I’m a little confused, the various posts that I’m reading are basically saying I can use my promotional dining credit at any of the Specialty Restaurants. I looked at the terms & conditions for the Take 5 on the NCL website and it  states “Specialty Dining Package include one main course per person at Cagney’s and Le Bistro restaurants.”  So am I missing something? Should I just plan on the two restaurants to use my credit?

I last read the T&Cs about a month ago and nothing significant had changed.  Some are not Ala carte like Teppanyaki where there is a flat cover charge.  Cagney's, Le Bistro and others are Ala carte so they are telling you that you can only have one main.  The terms are like a rental contract and they also used to say if you ordered the Tomahawk steak that counted as two.

So unless something recently changed, they are merely saying at Ala carte restaurants you can have one main entree.  I'll take a look now to see if terms have changed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Michigan123 said:

The credit is good at all specialty restaurants.

The confusing language about Le bistro and Cagney’s has been that way for years. 

• Like 3

Yeah - You’re over reading it (like we all tend to do).

All it’s saying is that if you choose to go to Cagney’s or Le Bistro (which are priced ala carte as opposed to a flat fee) you get one entree. You also will get one appetizer and one dessert. You can also use your dining credits at any of the other specialty restaurants. Enjoy!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BenDover said:

You also will get one appetizer and one dessert.

I agree with everything you've said except the sentence quoted.  The wait staff will sometimes tell people that they can only have 1 app and 1 dessert but really, that only applies to the free Platinum dinners.  All FAS Specialty dinners it's as many apps and desserts and, something not mentioned recently, sides as well.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BenDover said:

I stand corrected. Never had a desire to have more than 1 app and dessert. 

For me, probably the only dessert I want is the, and I hope it's the correct name,  the 7-layer chocolate cake available, as far as I know, at Cagneys Steakhouse.  I will leave my Filet Mignon unfinished in order to find room for this fabulous piece of cake. 

To note, I rarely indulge in desserts so this is an extravagance  for me.  Must me good, right? LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

I've had it! Although it was way too much after dinner. Talk about a chocolate coma!

I know right... but IT is SO good... you can't possibly deny it right... OH my goodness.   If I can't finish my dinner... I will ask to take to my cabin b/c no way will I go without this delicious dessert... especially since I rarely indulge in something as luscious as this 7 Layer Chocolate Cake... 

Of course now... I've already put back on the extra 7 lbs I lost this week.... sheeeeeesh...  

LOL

2 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I know right... but IT is SO good... you can't possibly deny it right... OH my goodness.   If I can't finish my dinner... I will ask to take to my cabin b/c no way will I go without this delicious dessert... especially since I rarely indulge in something as luscious as this 7 Layer Chocolate Cake... 

Of course now... I've already put back on the extra 7 lbs I lost this week.... sheeeeeesh...  

LOL

We will take teppanyaki leftovers back. Now we bring baggies or containers with us for leftovers,  because the plates do not fit in those tiny fridges.