world cruise 2022 tale of tales

poodle664

Ok, super specific question about the spa onboard Whisper--anyone know if they offer a full range of manicure options, such as gel or dipping powder? I'll need to remove the gel I keep on my nails beforehand if such is not offered.🤦‍♀️ (No judging, I have very weak natural nails)

Here's the Spa price list/menu from WC 2018.  We have been on WCs 2016, 2018, 2019 & 2020.  I bring a portable scanner with me and scan in all the documents we get.  SO if you have any questions - for example, I have the tour list by segment, premium wine list, daily menus, Chronicles, etc.

Spa Menu.pdf

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Interesting email from Barbara Muckermann this morning confirming about 90% of the calls of the WC22 but removing stops in Namibia and Madagascar, the overland to the Victoria Falls has also gone.

I think they need congratulations on being able to run it at all and with so few changes particularly in light of other companies cancelling their world cruises. There are still  9 or 10 weeks to go so there is still plenty of time for further changes, The Victoria Falls trip has been replaced by a two day trip to Cappadocia. I'm not on WC22 but for selfish reasons I'm not displeased at that. We are on WC23 which at this point does not have an overnight land trip so I guess they could put in Victoria Falls.  Hint. Hint to Barbara Muckermann!

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 2

Interesting that the SS website has still not been updated with changes and on speaking to a consultant in the UK I was surprised that they didn't know about the removal of Namibia or Madagascar. Whilst I can understand that they don't wish to make changes piecemeal it would be nice to to have major changes notified to all.

Mayflower..nice to hear from you and hope all is well with you.As ever our  view on SS coincides with your brief and excellent summary.Dont like the current procedure of mid morning boarding earned through loyalty over 20 years being cancelled as it was a much appreciated loyalty perk which should not be interfered with! 

Good Afternoon Brimary.

I hope you are both well and enjoying some late Autumn Sunshine as we are here. 

I assumed that the Mid Morning Embarkation Issue has been changed purely due to Covid but maybe I have missed a more general announcement - we certainly have welcomed this in the past and hope that in time it will be reinstated.

We are booked on the Southampton to Southampton Norway Cruise on The Moon in September 2022 and it would be nice to have you on board - we are very off Flying at the moment but realise that it does rather limit our horizons. Thankfully my dear Wife is improving so we are hoping for a better 2022.

So nice to hear from you on these Boards.

1 hour ago, Mayflower1 said:

Good Afternoon Brimary.

I hope you are both well and enjoying some late Autumn Sunshine as we are here. 

I assumed that the Mid Morning Embarkation Issue has been changed purely due to Covid but maybe I have missed a more general announcement - we certainly have welcomed this in the past and hope that in time it will be reinstated.

We are booked on the Southampton to Southampton Norway Cruise on The Moon in September 2022 and it would be nice to have you on board - we are very off Flying at the moment but realise that it does rather limit our horizons. Thankfully my dear Wife is improving so we are hoping for a better 2022.

So nice to hear from you on these Boards.

You are correct that early boarding is currently suspended due to Covid, in fact from about 8am when guests vacate their suites deep cleaning is undertaken by Butlers and Suite Assistants, including the public corridors on the decks with guest suites.  Looking at the logistics involved  it makes total sense to keep new gusts off the ship whilst this is undertaken.

• Like 3

I have been on Silver Seas Whisper World Cruise from Cruise Critic's website but not much going on.  I clicked on HappyLadyTravel and discovered this thread but not how or where to find it.  Nothing is listed as Tale of Tales under their Silver Seas category.  

12 minutes ago, skyhoosier said:

I have been on Silver Seas Whisper World Cruise from Cruise Critic's website but not much going on.  I clicked on HappyLadyTravel and discovered this thread but not how or where to find it.  Nothing is listed as Tale of Tales under their Silver Seas category.  

Not sure what you are expecting to find.   The roll call has not had much action and it typically doesn't.   Silversea calls the cruise World Cruise 2022.  The theme is Tale of Tales.   That's not how Silversea refers to it.   Each World Cruise has a different theme although the theme for the 2019 World Cruise was also Tale of Tales.

• Like 1

I think the difference in communication of 'facts' and dates is more due to what country you booked from and who your TA is.  There were differences in dates from the beginning as told to us by our TA and slight differences in other benefits.  We were told of the 20 November final payment months ago but hadn't found this thread to pass it on.  Then again, we know that we were given differences in the past to choose from and our TA would then book us through the country whose perk best suited us.  Our agents are friends who liaise with agents in So. Africa and Germany as well as the UK and US.  As for SilverSeas, we have had 4 trips on them; 2 were disasters, 2 were great.  I guess we are pretty brave to choose a WC on a 50% satisfaction history but the itinerary was too good to pass up.  Other cruise lines we have taken more extensively were Lindblad Expeditions, Seabourn, SeaDream Yacht Club and Regent. 

2 hours ago, skyhoosier said:

I think the difference in communication of 'facts' and dates is more due to what country you booked from and who your TA is.  There were differences in dates from the beginning as told to us by our TA and slight differences in other benefits.  We were told of the 20 November final payment months ago but hadn't found this thread to pass it on.  Then again, we know that we were given differences in the past to choose from and our TA would then book us through the country whose perk best suited us.  Our agents are friends who liaise with agents in So. Africa and Germany as well as the UK and US.  As for SilverSeas, we have had 4 trips on them; 2 were disasters, 2 were great.  I guess we are pretty brave to choose a WC on a 50% satisfaction history but the itinerary was too good to pass up.  Other cruise lines we have taken more extensively were Lindblad Expeditions, Seabourn, SeaDream Yacht Club and Regent. 

Actually final payment is the 30th Nov, not 20th.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, HappyLadyTravels said:

Has anyone been given information on when their luggage is bring collected to send to the ship (for those on full WC)?

Based on our experience on the 2019 WC we received an email in mid-November requesting the number of luggage pieces that we intended to ship ahead.  Around December 13 we received  the FedEx documents to fill in and the date that the luggage would be picked up.  Obviously this happened in the before times so no guarantees that the timing will be the same for the WC 2022.

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Based on our experience on the 2019 WC we received an email in mid-November requesting the number of luggage pieces that we intended to ship ahead.  Around December 13 we received  the FedEx documents to fill in and the date that the luggage would be picked up.  Obviously this happened in the before times so no guarantees that the timing will be the same for the WC 2022.

Thx. Did the shipping transport company have restrictions on the contents inside the luggage?

32 minutes ago, HappyLadyTravels said:

Thx. Did the shipping transport company have restrictions on the contents inside the luggage?

If I remember correctly the documentation you receive will provide guidance on what can be shipped.  To be safe we shipped clothes and shoes and vitamins in their original bottles.  No electronics.

Hi everyone....Does anyone know what, if any carry on luggage/backpack you are allowed to bring on WC 2022? That is, not including the 2 pieces of 50lb luggage each the SilverSea will pick up via Fedex? I wouldn't feel comfortable putting personal items such as laptops, medicines etc in my checked luggage. I assume they will allow each traveling a small carry-on luggage for such items. 

We plan on bringing UP TO 2 suitcases each plus totes/carryon.  In other words, exactly what we are allowed on our flights to and from the ship.  I am not saying we WILL, but feel we will be able to.  Big question is, where do we store the suitcases etc on the ship.  And how much room is there for unpacking it all.  Winter clothes take up a lot of room!  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Naples2021 said:

Hi everyone....Does anyone know what, if any carry on luggage/backpack you are allowed to bring on WC 2022? That is, not including the 2 pieces of 50lb luggage each the SilverSea will pick up via Fedex? I wouldn't feel comfortable putting personal items such as laptops, medicines etc in my checked luggage. I assume they will allow each traveling a small carry-on luggage for such items. 

3 minutes ago, skyhoosier said:

We plan on bringing UP TO 2 suitcases each plus totes/carryon.  In other words, exactly what we are allowed on our flights to and from the ship.  I am not saying we WILL, but feel we will be able to.  Big question is, where do we store the suitcases etc on the ship.  And how much room is there for unpacking it all.  Winter clothes take up a lot of room!  

Luggage can be stored on the ship.  The butler will take care of it for you.  We had 4 pieces of luggage taken down to storage and kept some luggage under the beds for mid-voyage

overland trips.   

What you can bring with you on your flights to the ship and home again depends on the luggage and carryon allowances of the airline you are traveling with. 

It is also possible to request that a rod be put up over the bathtub to increase the hanging clothes space.  Again, talk to your butler.  You could also leave some items packed in the luggage under the beds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1