Any luck with check-in for your cruise that's coming up?

kokopelli-az

I spoke with Celebrity a couple of days ago about this, as I am sailing on the 8/1 Equinox voyage, and they said online check in was not yet available for the Equinox, and likely would be at approximately 30-days out.  My guess is that they are holding up all Equinox sailings for the moment.  She said to keep checking back or I will receive an email when it is available.

14 minutes ago, brwneyedgirl72 said:

I spoke with Celebrity a couple of days ago about this, as I am sailing on the 8/1 Equinox voyage, and they said online check in was not yet available for the Equinox, and likely would be at approximately 30-days out.  

We are on the Aug 27th Equinox sailing and that is the same info from our TA

I appreciate this topic.  We're on the 8/15 Equinox sailing and also unable to check in.  QUESTION.....is there an advantage to using your iPhone to check in over a desktop?  Is there a big difference.

5 hours ago, Reijo said:

I appreciate this topic.  We're on the 8/15 Equinox sailing and also unable to check in.  QUESTION.....is there an advantage to using your iPhone to check in over a desktop?  Is there a big difference.

The app on your phone allows you to easily take the picture of yourself and your passport during checkin. Using the desktop you would have to have those pictures in a file and upload them.

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 8:49 PM, TommyD3 said:

The app on your phone allows you to easily take the picture of yourself and your passport during checkin. Using the desktop you would have to have those pictures in a file and upload them.

If you can't use your phone because your ship isn't supported on the app (example, Infinity), is there any way to do this on a PC or Mac?  I suppose not but it would be neat if you could use your laptop camera to take a picture for check in.  On my last cruise (2 years ago!) I was on a supported ship but not on my next cruise.

2 hours ago, bonvoyaged said:

We are on Equinox July 25 and unable to check in.

Have you called Celebrity about this?  Have you joined the roll call for this cruise and are others booked having the same problem? That is the first sailing of the Equinox and not a good sign.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Have you called Celebrity about this?  Have you joined the roll call for this cruise and are others booked having the same problem? That is the first sailing of the Equinox and not a good sign.

No one on the roll call for the 7/25 Equinox sailing is able to check in. In fact, we are playing a fun game right now where we are all taking bets on what date check-in will open. Today is my date in the pool, so fingers crossed!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

No one on the roll call for the 7/25 Equinox sailing is able to check in. In fact, we are playing a fun game right now where we are all taking bets on what date check-in will open. Today is my date in the pool, so fingers crossed!

Three weeks out and not being able to check in may not be a good sign. My TA told me we will be able to check in 30 days before our August 27th cruise,  according to Celebrity. As well as first 2 Edge cruises have gone so far, I can't see any reason why the Equinox will not be able to sail her schedule, but who knows.

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Three weeks out and not being able to check in may not be a good sign. My TA told me we will be able to check in 30 days before our August 27th cruise,  according to Celebrity. As well as first 2 Edge cruises have gone so far, I can't see any reason why the Equinox will not be able to sail her schedule, but who knows.

We have been told every date you could imagine (scheduled August 1). I hope this is more about IT changes and less about the readiness of the ship/crew.

25 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Is this typical for X?  Typical IT problems?  Is it normal to check in 30 days early?  I've only checked in once myself. 2 months early.

Fyi my early checkin was on the Equinox (revolutionized). No idea if that is the same on Infinity (non-revolutionized), my next cruise.

31 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Does anyone know how early passengers on the first Edge and Millennium cruises checked in?

I went to the Edge 26th Roll Call and they could check in on June 11....

There is nothing wrong with not being able to check in yet....it is not a bad sign....it may be different from what was pre-covid and you may not have to wait 2 weeks prior to your cruise....

48 minutes ago, Justprettynpink said:

I went to the Edge 26th Roll Call and they could check in on June 11....

There is nothing wrong with not being able to check in yet....it is not a bad sign....it may be different from what was pre-covid and you may not have to wait 2 weeks prior to your cruise....

That is a good sign if they had to wait until 15 days before the cruise to check in. 

• Like 1

Just checked in today (July 7) for our August 8 2021 cruise on the Equinox.   I had been checking daily and was able to do so today.   No email notification from Celebrity so keep checking yourself.

Was able to get a 12:30-1:00 boarding time, which was the earliest available.   I was hoping for a noon boarding slot but they are either already filled up or Celebrity is holding the noon openings.

55 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

Just checked in today (July 7) for our August 8 2021 cruise on the Equinox.   I had been checking daily and was able to do so today.   No email notification from Celebrity so keep checking yourself.

Was able to get a 12:30-1:00 boarding time, which was the earliest available.   I was hoping for a noon boarding slot but they are either already filled up or Celebrity is holding the noon openings.

I find your post really helpful because I don't see any pattern to check in times.  It seems to go 2 weeks to 2 months before the cruise.

5 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

I was able to check  in for the August 8th cruise yesterday. No email, but a post on “that” social media site alerted me that check in was open. I was able to get the earliest arrival time -12:00 - 12:30. Today, I looked at my Oct. 2 Edge cruise and was able to check in for that-also 12:00-12:30 arrival time.

21 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I was able to check  in for the August 8th cruise yesterday. No email, but a post on “that” social media site alerted me that check in was open. I was able to get the earliest arrival time -12:00 - 12:30. Today, I looked at my Oct. 2 Edge cruise and was able to check in for that-also 12:00-12:30 arrival time.

Is that the site you see with your "face"?