Beverage Package Price Increase?

On 6/30/2021 at 12:11 PM, dpostman said:

I've been away from booking cruises for so long now, I though I would feel like a newbie again on this site... The very first thread I see: Beverage Package price increase.  I guess things haven't changed all that much 😁, I feel right at home 😎.

dp

If you really want to wax nostalgic, start a thread about tipping. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2021 at 12:11 PM, dpostman said:

I've been away from booking cruises for so long now, I though I would feel like a newbie again on this site... The very first thread I see: Beverage Package price increase.  I guess things haven't changed all that much 😁, I feel right at home 😎.

dp

If you really want to wax nostalgic, start a thread about tipping! :classic_biggrin: 

21 hours ago, Thenagers said:

BTW.  It seems different sailings and ships have different prices. Prices are lower the further from your cruise sailing.  

Not even close to being true. Over a year out (give or take a month), the price should remain fairly static and high, as the packages won't be a part of any of RCL's discounts. The last promo set went through either may or june of 2022 (I forget which, just know my August 2022 was not included yet). I might see August 2022 drop starting this month. Usually I book with less than 6 months out, I usually see a rate 3-4 months out that is in the low 50's and grab it then. I've think I lucked into a $47 once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RCCL math at its best.  Booked a package a few days ago at 30% off.  Today for the July 4th sale it is not 35% off.  I checked the actual price and it is now $1 MORE than I paid a few days ago even though it claims it is an extra 5% off.

• Like 1

Question...I am sailing with a cabin mate that is not a drinker (maybe a glass of wine at dinner). I would like to purchase the drink package but I am under the impression cabin mate would have to as well. That pretty much means I have to pay as I go. Is there any recourse for this?  

I just scored a good discount on the DBP.  I had purchased it for $47pppd for my upcoming Serenade of the seas Alaska cruise and was happy with that price.  It had been sitting at $54pppd since the last sale.  Checked today and the price was $44pppd 🙂 .  That's the best price that I have ever gotten for it.  

• Like 4

The price on our February cruise had bounced between 71 and 62.  I keep hoping it drops below 60, but it’s been consistent at those numbers for months.  I purchased at 62, ($73.16 with gratuity) and if it doesn’t go lower have to make the decision to keep it or go a la cart.  

I  punched the numbers based on our habits and, even with suite lounge access, we’ll break even with three 13.00 cocktails/wines, ($15.34 with gratuity)

six or so bottles of water, a specialty coffee, juice and a few sodas a day.  

Realistically it’s probably a few more drinks on the first few days of the seven day cruise and more water, juice, soda and perhaps some beer later in the week.

if it’s a break even scenario it’s worth it for the convenience.  No lugging water,  soda or even wine on board and the freedom to try something different.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

RCCL math at its best.  Booked a package a few days ago at 30% off.  Today for the July 4th sale it is not 35% off.  I checked the actual price and it is now $1 MORE than I paid a few days ago even though it claims it is an extra 5% off.

The 2 cruises I had in 2019 I was at $53 on harmony and think $47 on Majesty. My upcoming Oct Brilliance was at $53 ($64 with internet) when I bought it a month or so ago. It is back to $53 ($64 with internet now). August 2022 cruise on Explorer has been at $67 ($80 with internet) since I booked it 3-4 months ago. Aug 2022 will come down starting with the sales in august or september.   The Banners for my Oct Brilliance have 30% off for beverage, over 35% off for Bev/Internet combo (from On Board Prices). I'm good with $53, that covers my nightly wine alone:) I always just check the price, %off of On Board prices doesn't mean much.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I just scored a good discount on the DBP.  I had purchased it for $47pppd for my upcoming Serenade of the seas Alaska cruise and was happy with that price.  It had been sitting at $54pppd since the last sale.  Checked today and the price was $44pppd 🙂 .  That's the best price that I have ever gotten for it.  

Best I have seen other than the $18....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Miloomar said:

When you saw it at 50, was that with a sale or just the regular price that day?

It was a sale. There's a 4th of July sale right now and it's back down to $58.

Just now, Floater4life said:

I can't ask her to pay $60 a day for a glass of wine at dinner.  

The refreshment package is the non-alcohol package.  It includes everything but... If she is drinking soda's, mocktails, bottled water or specialty coffee's it might be worth it for her.  It is usually priced, on sale, between $18 and $23 a day.

2 hours ago, Floater4life said:

Question...I am sailing with a cabin mate that is not a drinker (maybe a glass of wine at dinner). I would like to purchase the drink package but I am under the impression cabin mate would have to as well. That pretty much means I have to pay as I go. Is there any recourse for this?  

RCCL does make exceptions, but will have to call customer service. If you choose to buy the Deluxe Beverage Package they usually require the purchase of the Royal Refreshment package by your cabin mate.

The "sale" has me at $58 ($71 adding Voom) which is the best we've seen since booking our Apr 2022 13-nighter.  Though 13 nights x $58 x 2 comes out to over $1500.  While I usually argue "just don't cheap out, get the package, pay it off before you sail and don't worry about how your total is adding up." that is a serious chunk of change.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

Best I have seen other than the $18....

I wonder how many got to take advantage of it. I'm forgetting the timeline of when that happened and when cruising stopped - 'before' time has become kind of a blur. 

41 minutes ago, MichaelCMTX said:

The "sale" has me at $58 ($71 adding Voom) which is the best we've seen since booking our Apr 2022 13-nighter.  Though 13 nights x $58 x 2 comes out to over $1500.  While I usually argue "just don't cheap out, get the package, pay it off before you sail and don't worry about how your total is adding up." that is a serious chunk of change.  

I like not having to worry either, but for that much money I will just worry a little.  

On 6/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, MississippiMom said:

I looked yesterday and the Cruise Planner had $50 per day, but then when you put it in the cart it was $57 per day.  I emailed Royal Caribbean, hoping someone would reply to me, but they still have not.  Today, the Cruise Planner has $57 per day listed, but when you try to add it to the cart, you get a giant ERROR message.

Here's hoping that there's a $50 or less per day price happening soon that can actually be purchased.

Thats  probably your lovely 18% gratuity added

I priced the drink package for our cruise on the Ovation in Alaska and it came to over $1160.00 for the 'both of us. No way we are going to drink $1100.00 worth of booze so we'll pay as we go so to speak. Neither of us is into specialty coffees.

2 hours ago, whyrlygig said:

Royal magic math.  

8 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Royal is not the only people with trouble with math.  

Five out of four Americans have difficulty with fractions.

Eddie

• Haha 2

Although the sale offers 35% off, it’s not 35% off of everything.  DBP in my cruise planner is still listed as 30% off.  Some things are only 10% or 20% off.  I have found almost nothing listed specifically as 35% off.  As far as I can tell, it’s basically the same sale as they had last week.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1