Finally back and trying to get caught up

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

My Air option also does not show any non refundable options. That explains why people mention non refundable sometimes. (Past bookings)

The above statement concerning the air fare being fully refundable outside of the final payment is interesting.  I suppose some people make the payment before it is due.  I have made the final payment for my October 10th cruise.  Since Celebrity states the final payment is not due until July 12, this would mean I can still cancel my Air for a full refund?  Also the Risk Free statements implies that for a $200 fee I can get a full cash refund until the day of my flight?  This is also a pretty good deal.  If I find a flight that is significantly more than $200 less, I could theoretically take advantage of this saving?

Am I understanding this correctly?

I appreciate you taking the time helping me to gain a full understanding.  

If paying in advance I would recommend just purchasing a refundable fare direct with the airlines then you wouldn't even have to pay the $200 pp if you cancel after final payment.   I did that just before the shut down.   I was able to cancel on line and got my refund back quickly.

Basically with Celebrity you can cancel up until flight and get full refund less the $200 per PAX.  The $200 is a processing fee for Celebrity by Air and not the airline.    If direct airline booking you would get the full refund. 

• Thanks 1

So glad you're back!! While I was still checking in once in awhile I have spent way less time on CC..and glad to be back "in the saddle" as well. If nothing else the Covid "break" from cruising has made me realize even more how much I love the ocean and cruising. I got goosebumps seeing The Edge sail away..and really almost cried!! 🙂 Welcome Home!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

So glad you're back!! While I was still checking in once in awhile I have spent way less time on CC..and glad to be back "in the saddle" as well. If nothing else the Covid "break" from cruising has made me realize even more how much I love the ocean and cruising. I got goosebumps seeing The Edge sail away..and really almost cried!! 🙂 Welcome Home!!

Great seeing you back LuAnn.    I am missing cruising enough I'm watching "Mighty Cruise Ships" this afternoon.

I have to start talking Iain into letting me book something soon.    We usually don't cruise during the Summer due to all the families with kids.   I love our Grandkids  but  on vacations I like quiet time.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have to start talking Iain into letting me book something soon.    We usually don't cruise during the Summer due to all the families with kids.   I love our Grandkids  but  on vacations I like quiet time.

We are hoping that the Edge on August 7th has very minimal children.

Love them to death ( our Granddaughter has lived with us full time since the day she was born. She is now 8 ) Our cruises are our alone time together as our daily lives do not allow for much together time.

7 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Thank you for taking the time and providing more details.  Your original reference to all non refundable fares being gone was in reference the Airline’s pricing, correct?  Celebrity Air does not distinguish between refundable and non refundable, correct? I have noticed this with Princess Air, but not with Celebrity Air.

The great thing about reward tickets these days (at least AA), you can cancel and redeposit later without any fees.  This is good if you later find an acceptable deal with Celebrity Air.

I find that Celebrity Air is easy to use for the initially booking (on line), but requires a phone call to cancel or change a reservation.  I suspect all the airline changes are causing massive increases in call volumes.  

The Hilton Marina is our choice of hotel when cruising out of Fort Lauderdale, we like to book a room overlooking the cruise port.  They have a nice outside restaurant and it is a short walk to other places.  As I recall they also have a nice pool, it is close to the water taxi, and it is fun to look around the Marina.  So it is a good back up plan for you.  You may find that you like it even better if you end up using your back up.

Best of luck.  Thank you again for the feedback.

Welcome back Jagoffee.  The pandemic must be over.

• Thanks 1