Finally back and trying to get caught up

Jim_Iain

It is so nice see all the familiar names.     I have not been on in about a  year.   Covid depression forced me to discontinue reading all the disappointments of cruises cancelled.  

We have been waiting to hear how things work out on the first cruises before committing ourselves.      We had about 12 cruises cancelled and is still a mess of what credits were applied and where.    I'll have to call in to Celebrity after the Holiday and see if they can run a report for me.

For now I transferred some South American Cruises for 2022 to a B2B2B on Silhouette TA and the next two cruises for March of 2022.   It is incredible how fast the addiction takes over again.      I'm sure we will cruise before then but currently in a wait and see mode.   I'm really enjoying the live posts that are popping up this week, they really help to alley fears of hitting the seas again soon.

We are both vaccinated and luckily our county in California is at a 85% vaccination rate so feeling safe enough to stop wearing a mask both inside and out.   I always keep some on hand just in case.  

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome back to CC.  Our first cruise now is in November on the Reflection.  Have 2 more in 2022.  During Covid, I enjoyed looking back at some of your reviews.  Hope to read some new ones soon!  

• Like 1

Yes welcome back Jim.  Missed your inputs and reviews. But I feel cruising has finally turned to the positive. We have our next cruise booked for January 2023. It’s a way out but gives us a cushion for Celebrity to get everything worked out but we can always book and earlier one as well which we will most likely do. It’s something to look forward to.

Again welcome back to CC.

• Like 1

Great to see you back Jim.  I was wondering where you went and was so happy tonight to see you posting again. 
You are so right, those brownies from the Eden Cafe are the best😉😀👍.  Katie

• Like 1

Jim, Glad to see you back!  We too had 12 cancellations and among them a B2B2B 45 nights 7 or 8 overnights and private excursions planned in every port.

That cancellation was tough.  But now that cruises have restarted and so far sounding good we  can’t to get back on a ship.  Hope we meet you and Iain and a cruise soon. 

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is so nice see all the familiar names.     I have not been on in about a  year.   Covid depression forced me to discontinue reading all the disappointments of cruises cancelled.  

We have been waiting to hear how things work out on the first cruises before committing ourselves.      We had about 12 cruises cancelled and is still a mess of what credits were applied and where.    I'll have to call in to Celebrity after the Holiday and see if they can run a report for me.

For now I transferred some South American Cruises for 2022 to a B2B2B on Silhouette TA and the next two cruises for March of 2022.   It is incredible how fast the addiction takes over again.      I'm sure we will cruise before then but currently in a wait and see mode.   I'm really enjoying the live posts that are popping up this week, they really help to alley fears of hitting the seas again soon.

We are both vaccinated and luckily our county in California is at a 85% vaccination rate so feeling safe enough to stop wearing a mask both inside and out.   I always keep some on hand just in case.  

Welcome back.  I missed reading your posts. 

I agree - it is nice to be reading all of these positive live reports

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

.......We had about 12 cruises cancelled and is still a mess of what credits were applied and where.    .....

I am sorry Dearest Jim -- but "about 12 cruises" cancelled?  Only 12?  We took some credits as FCC and others we had reimbursed.  When the  global suspension started we were already past the final payment date for several cruises.  My scientist husband developed a spread sheet given what we have had canceled since March 2020 when we left the Solstice on what would have been a B2B2B2B.

Give my best to Iain.

Gerry (& Charles)

It’s wonderful to see you back on CC, Jim. I’ve recently been following the boards again after many months of pandemic hibernation, and it’s been lovely to see familiar names. We had several cruises canceled, including a dream anniversary cruise of the Greek Isles in May 2020 (in our first Edge suite). Of cruises booked in the “before times” we have only one cruise left. It’s a Caribbean cruise departing in December 2021. We’re fully vaccinated, and we’re encouraged by Celebrity’s rational return to cruising, so we hope to be on that December cruise. I can tell we’re recovering from our shut down fog, as we recently had one of our late night impulses to book cruises, during which we booked a b2b TA/Greek Isles for spring 2022, and an Australia & New Zealand cruise in early 2023😂 

Fingers crossed for Celebrity’s successful return to the seas. I hope to meet you and Iain aboard someday. Meanwhile, I’m living vicariously through the current Edge and Apex live posts😊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Welcome back JI...

You were missed.

bon voyage

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I am sorry Dearest Jim -- but "about 12 cruises" cancelled?  Only 12?  We took some credits as FCC and others we had reimbursed.  When the  global suspension started we were already past the final payment date for several cruises.  My scientist husband developed a spread sheet given what we have had canceled since March 2020 when we left the Solstice on what would have been a B2B2B2B.

Give my best to Iain.

Gerry (& Charles)

My greatest regret was cancelling a cruise we had planned about 2 years out -   Singapore to Viet Nam, Singapore to Hong Kong, Singapore to Sydney, off the ship for 2 days, then Sydney to New Zealand and back to Brisbane.   We would have arrived back on Christmas Eve and were going to Stay  until after the new year.    My best friend lives in Sydney and was joining us  for the Singapore to the Sydney leg.     Unfortunately with the reshuffling they no longer have a Singapore to Sydney. 

4 hours ago, Silkroad said:

It’s wonderful to see you back on CC, Jim. I’ve recently been following the boards again after many months of pandemic hibernation, and it’s been lovely to see familiar names. We had several cruises canceled, including a dream anniversary cruise of the Greek Isles in May 2020 (in our first Edge suite). Of cruises booked in the “before times” we have only one cruise left. It’s a Caribbean cruise departing in December 2021. We’re fully vaccinated, and we’re encouraged by Celebrity’s rational return to cruising, so we hope to be on that December cruise. I can tell we’re recovering from our shut down fog, as we recently had one of our late night impulses to book cruises, during which we booked a b2b TA/Greek Isles for spring 2022, and an Australia & New Zealand cruise in early 2023😂 

Fingers crossed for Celebrity’s successful return to the seas. I hope to meet you and Iain aboard someday. Meanwhile, I’m living vicariously through the current Edge and Apex live posts😊

If you do the Greek cruise reach out to me.   We had a fantastic private tour guide in Mykonos.   He is a professional soccer player and lived there his whole life.   Great day.

• Thanks 1

Wow, I'm blown away by all the great members that welcomed us back.    Feels like home coming.  

This board was always one of my big addictions and really went through withdrawals when I had to step away for the past year.

Initially I didn't know what I would do with all my time that I spent  here but took up another passion of Genealogy.  Had some major breakthroughs of brick walls but of course now have some new ones.   I've especially been following CeCe Moore who has been doing a lot of work with Forensic Genealogy and was responsible for solving the Golden State Murderer.    Her techniques helped me finally find my Father's Mother (he was adopted).    I was also able to get his birth certificate unsealed.    DNA also helped me prove the man on his birth certificate was NOT his father.   I was also able to find his 1/2 brother.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Jim, You have not been here in a year?  Well nothing much happened during that time........😀

LOL---  I"m sure many exciting things have happened in you life over the past year.  Now we can come back and create some new dreams and watch them come true.

Over the past year I feel like "Groundhog Day".    Being retired everyday is a weekend and just the same old routine.    

I'm still walking 10 miles a day.   I walk to the next town over, Mountain View and have a cappuccino at Starbucks and then walk back home, listening to Forensic and Detective novels.    To however recommended the    Alex Delaware series,   I thank you.    I alternate his novels among 3 other authors,  but up to his 14th book.   

• Like 2

10mi/day! Wow! I worked to get my 10K steps a day. My daughter and her friends in the DC area compete and have me join in……do you know what it’s like ‘competing’ with young people who live in a walking town such as that?!? And I can see you live in a great walking area just south of SF, a fantastic city and area. We live on the Fla Panhandle and its good here, but the summer can be a killer with the humidity. 

Now back to Cruising! Funny how the Pandemic impacted how we now plan to live a bit better and more for the moment. I’d always enjoyed our cruising, but never went Suites. After booking a Viking Exploration cruise of the Great Lakes and realized it cost as much if not more than going Suites on X, we’ve moved over to give it a go on our TA in 2022…..going to spend it now. In a few years, I’ll be sitting on my porch yellling at the teens, ‘Get off my Grass you rotten kids!’, so now is the time. 

Loved your posts and your insights. Looking forward to sharing! I get a kick out of how many people complain over such, shall we say, minor issues when we are talking about a great way to enjoy life. 

den

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Welcome back.  If I read your post correctly we are on the same cruise in March.

Hopefully --- We booked Silhouette April 8, 21 and 30 cruises.  

Iain has been reticent about starting to book again but he is now starting to do some searching on his own.   I'll look for something earlier as one of my cancelled cruises was my Free Zenith cruise so need to rebook that one.