Mattress & Bedding

CruisingIGo

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Our O bed arrived yesterday and we had a great, and comfortable nights sleep. I had mentioned I also bought the bedding package and it is SOOOOO luxurious! We have even more admiration for the room stewards and staff that wash and prepare those bed linens. The box is so neatly packed and the feel is to die for. The admiration and negative, we spent about an hour ironing the fold creases out of the sheets, pillow cases, duvet cover, etc.  We had washed them and they were not badly wrinkled but for that first night experience on our Tranquility bed, they had to be ironed.  The next washing, we will see.  
The new bed is even better than our old O bed that is moving to the family vacation home soon.  If someone needs an incentive or even a push toward rationalization, DO IT, it is worth every penny. 

Those of you who did purchase one, it is great. Congratulations on money well spent that will support you for a long time.  
Bonnie and Gerry 

Mine will be here next week but I promise you I will not iron them..LOL, I have not ironed in 60 years and dont intend to start now..

I was told the new bottom sheet might be tight..did you find that problem??

Jancruz1

• Haha 1

Jan,

Not extra tight at all, fit well. The top sheet is a bit oversized so there is plenty of sheet to tuck in.  Maybe Stu can iron it 🤪 it really was wonderful sliding into that bed and those 1,000 count sheets.  
Report next week 👍

Gerry

4 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Jan,

Not extra tight at all, fit well. The top sheet is a bit oversized so there is plenty of sheet to tuck in.  Maybe Stu can iron it 🤪 it really was wonderful sliding into that bed and those 1,000 count sheets.  
Report next week 👍

Gerry

I definitely will..cant wait!!

Jancruz1

Couldn't resist 30% off, bought 2 queen mattresses. Some info that might help others considering purchasing.

On the website the promo includes free shipping, which is a pretty penny from Miami to Oregon. When I was ordering on the phone and asked about the free shipping, the person I was talking to (a man, not the woman most mention talking to) said the free delivery would only get the mattresses to my front door, and if I wanted white glove set up that would be $350. It sort of sounded like the man I was talking to was making it up as he went along, but I agreed to the $350.

Glad I did. The shipping invoice says each queen mattress weighs 250 pounds! Don't know if that is literally true, but I know it is very hard to lift the corners to put on the bottom sheet, and I doubt that, even with the help of several strong backs, I would have been able to move the mattresses around.

When I ordered the prediction for delivery was 12 to 16 days. It was 21 days from date of order to date of delivery.

Sweet dreams.   

Lakesideken

I see the Willamette Valley listed. My brother lives in Albany and pours wine at Tyee Vineyards. Should you ever be there and see Joe, tell him you met his brother on Cruise Critic. I am sure it will get you nothing special for your tastings but what the heck. 

Gerry

2 hours ago, LakeSideKen said:

Correction to #29--the weight of the TWO mattresses is 250 lb., so 125 each, not 250 each.

Thank God!  Not sure the floor could take 250 lbs plus two people!!!

• Haha 1

Since this thread is about beds, I will ask my question here!  Can anyone tell me if the bed in a PH is a Queen or King?  Cannot find the info on the O site or in a CC search.  

We are accustomed to king beds, and are a little dismayed to see that veranda cabins have a Queen....if the PH is a King, that one thing would make a PH worthwhile for us, assuming we could even survive the wait list to get one!

Gee, it has been almost  two years since we sailed and I don’t trust my memory.  Call Oceania and ask the specific questions.
I am sure I will be corrected if misspeaking. I think the PH and above rooms on Riviera and Marina have King size beds. I do not remember if the R Class ships have King beds in PH and above but I think so. 

My recollection is that the A and B rooms on all ships are Queen size. Pretty much a room size issue.

good luck

2 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Since this thread is about beds, I will ask my question here!  Can anyone tell me if the bed in a PH is a Queen or King?  Cannot find the info on the O site or in a CC search.  

We are accustomed to king beds, and are a little dismayed to see that veranda cabins have a Queen....if the PH is a King, that one thing would make a PH worthwhile for us, assuming we could even survive the wait list to get one!

I remember someone measuring the beds  & they are not King  but they are larger than a queen when the 2 are pushed together

In the  A & B  cabins the 2 beds pushed together seem to be fine for us & we have a King at home

I think just top suites have king size beds

Hopefully someone knows the measurements

Thanks to all who responded.  While I had no luck using the search function on CC, I just found this info using a general internet search.  

Within this thread is this comment:

After a similar discussion a few years ago, I actually MEASURED the bed. It was 66 inches wide; halfway between a queen and a king. And yes, I have a measuring tape in my purse.

So, not a Queen and not a king, but in between!  We can make that work.

Joanie

3 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Within this thread is this comment:

After a similar discussion a few years ago, I actually MEASURED the bed. It was 66 inches wide; halfway between a queen and a king. And yes, I have a measuring tape in my purse.

So, not a Queen and not a king, but in between!  We can make that work.

Joanie

That sounds about  right

At home  we could fit  a 3rd person in the king  (not that we have tried )

On the ship  not

but still comfortable for 2

Enjoy

Just ordered an Ultra Tranquility Mattress, thanks to this thread.  Please note:  TODAY (July 30) IS THE LAST DAY OF THE 30% OFF SALE!!!

I got the mattress plus a custom 4" box spring, and the rep threw in 2 free pillows and a mattress cover.  Regular delivery is free, but White Glove service cost an additional $175 in my area.

She said this is the biggest discount they have ever offered, and sales are going through the roof – they only had 2 Queen size Ultra mattresses left in stock.