Liquor

On 1/14/2022 at 6:58 AM, morrieb1 said:

And I may or may not have always bought extra in port so that I could follow the directions and turn one bottle of booze in when I returned while keeping the rest in my bag.

And I thought I invented that idea...  😁

4 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

Ha, you think you've seen them be mad about getting their shampoo bottle of booze confiscated... imagine if Carnival actually enforced the ticket contract on them!

"any Guest traveling with such items and/or attempting to board the Vessel with any such items, may be denied boarding or disembarked and no refund of the cruise fare will be issued."

Not worth it in my opinion. 

I really wish they would enforce it. Then people would stop trying. But we all know how poor of a job Carnival does in enforcing any rule of theirs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

I really wish they would enforce it. Then people would stop trying. But we all know how poor of a job Carnival does in enforcing any rule of theirs.

That's why I stopped worrying about it, it's Carnival's rule to enforce, not mine. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

True. But it still isn't right and it's even worse when people flaunt knowingly breaking the rules.

Since you're a self described tech fan -- where do you stand ("right or wrong" wise) as far as purchasing wifi for one device, and then using that single device as a hotspot so that additional devices can access the internet? (basically bypassing the intent of the policy that it's for a single device)

I do this willfully and knowingly, and don't shed a tear for the cruise line, nor lose any sleep over it. 

Where do we draw that line in the sand... or is it a squiggly line?  🙂 

Tom

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 4:55 AM, Computer Nerd said:

Just because smuggling alcohol isn't up there with the Hindenburg disaster, it's still most definitely wrong to do. And in most cases, the one that make jokes about smuggling alcohol are the ones usually doing it. 🙄

I certainly have in the past. Once time I sped over the speed limit too. One time I jay-walked! Wont someone think of the Children!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

C'mon...tell the truth, you've done it more than once.  Telling the truth will set you free. 😄

So will the red pill...

... but not the ones mother gives you, they don't do anything at all...

Tom

• Like 1

Never had a problem with my rum runners on any cruise line, simply pack them in the same section of your case as your toiletries and they blend right in.

Nips also get through the metal detectors at ports if in your pockets, do not put in a bag or the xray or they will be found.

You could get a bottle delivered to the room if you want to drastically overpay and waste your money.

13 minutes ago, robc1972 said:

You could get a bottle delivered to the room if you want to drastically overpay and waste your money.

That's our usual course of action at this point. For about $80-100 you get a 750 or liter of vodka right there in your cabin for easy access. Often, we end up bringing the bottle home with us - once or twice without ever opening it !!

On our Reflection sailing next month, however, the room we booked comes with two bottles of liquor of our choice. And a complimentary stocked mini bar, and.. and...  🙂

Tom

On 7/2/2021 at 11:26 AM, sassy0930 said:

Back in the day we may or may not have simply NOT stopped at the "turn in your booze" table when coming in from port. They see it in your bag and ask you to turn it in, but if you get back in a crowd it's easy to just keep walking. Not condoning or anything. Just saying. Then you're not paying tax on it either...

It's still like that last time we might or might not have tried it.  LOL

• Like 1

I'm never gonna to judge someone for trying to sneak liquor onboard....I've thought about it myself but it just doesn't make sense for "us".  We like to try different drinks throughout the cruise...beers, frozen drinks, alchemy bar drinks, etc.  I suppose if we just wanted to drink vodka/sodas the entire time I'd consider it....or just buy a couple of bottles for the room.  We just like the freedom to drink what we want, where we want and when we want....and honestly, I like when they wait on me and bring me my drink.  That's part of the vacation/cruising experience to me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cruiserbrianj said:

I'm never gonna to judge someone for trying to sneak liquor onboard....I've thought about it myself but it just doesn't make sense for "us".  We like to try different drinks throughout the cruise...beers, frozen drinks, alchemy bar drinks, etc.  I suppose if we just wanted to drink vodka/sodas the entire time I'd consider it....or just buy a couple of bottles for the room.  We just like the freedom to drink what we want, where we want and when we want....and honestly, I like when they wait on me and bring me my drink.  That's part of the vacation/cruising experience to me.

With one month to go - I've already started visualizing (well, without the mountains in one of these photos) what's coming our way!  🙂

20190630_192909-X2.jpg

20150609_180112-X2.jpg

The sad this is, I drink these like water - so pacing is very important !!

Tom

• Like 3

On 1/17/2022 at 6:36 PM, Chief93 said:

Bang for the buck.  I can afford to drink that (very, very occasionally) because I choose to spend less on the cruise.  I enjoy Carnival, and see no need to "step up" to a more expensive line.  It's the same ocean....

I am only responding to compliment you on your response.  I thought the comment made to you was rather rude.  Well done.  

On 1/26/2022 at 8:09 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Since you're a self described tech fan -- where do you stand ("right or wrong" wise) as far as purchasing wifi for one device, and then using that single device as a hotspot so that additional devices can access the internet? (basically bypassing the intent of the policy that it's for a single device)

I do this willfully and knowingly, and don't shed a tear for the cruise line, nor lose any sleep over it. 

Where do we draw that line in the sand... or is it a squiggly line?  🙂 

Tom

You can do that?

Is it easy?

Thanks.

I usually just keep checking my cruise rate and once it lowers, get the price adjusted, or OBC for the difference if I've already made final payment, and justify the savings to buy a Cheers package. This time around, we plan to buy a wine package for dinners, then I'll buy a bottle of Glenmoranjie for evenings, and buy our drinks during the day to see if Cheers really benefits us at all. My guess is we'll come out slightly ahead not buying it. 

• Like 1