Which Seattle pier will be used this year

cruisestitch

We are B2B on the Millennium out of Seattle in September.  I was pleased to find that the Millennium will be using the Bell Street pier instead of Smith Cove.  We have both embarked and disembarked at both, but for B2B passengers I prefer a turnaround day at Bell Street over Smith Cove.  

• Like 1

Well I’ve just dug into the “manage my reservation” part of the Celebrity website, and it tells me that this cruise will be going from terminal 91. The Seattle cruise port schedule says terminal 66. Who to believe?  Bell Street or Smith Cove?

28 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Well I’ve just dug into the “manage my reservation” part of the Celebrity website, and it tells me that this cruise will be going from terminal 91. The Seattle cruise port schedule says terminal 66. Who to believe?  Bell Street or Smith Cove?

I also found the same information. 

19 hours ago, SeaGal said:

Millennium will be at Pier 66 for all sailings except August 6th, when they will be at Pier 91.

SeaGal is correct that all but the Aug 6th sailing of the Millennium will be from Pier 66 this season.  (Celebrity traditionally does use Pier 91, but under Covid protocols it is different this 2021 season).

Under Seattle's Covid sailing protocols, there can only be one ship per pier embarking/disembarking at a time.  Lucky for us, Pier 66 and 91 are nowhere near each other..

The Ovation OTS will be using the berth at 91 on Fridays starting Aug 13th.  I believe that the Millennium  was bumped from Pier 66 on Friday Aug 6 because a NCL ship will be stopping in Seattle, and Pier 66 is Norwegian's 'home' pier.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

19 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The Celebrity website is not exactly famous for being the most accurate thing on the planet.  They may have just left up the previous verbiage since a lot of this was organized at the last minute.  The people who do this have probably never sailed from Seattle (or anywhere else for that matter) and haven't a clue.  Hope you are actually sailing from Pier 66--MUCH better experience.

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The Celebrity website is not exactly famous for being the most accurate thing on the planet.  They may have just left up the previous verbiage since a lot of this was organized at the last minute.  The people who do this have probably never sailed from Seattle (or anywhere else for that matter) and haven't a clue.  Hope you are actually sailing from Pier 66--MUCH better experience.

I had a similar situation with HAL on a Norwegian cruise in 2019, with the port website saying one thing and HAL's website another. I emailed the port authority and they confirmed the information on their website. As the two docking locations were several miles apart, our DIY excursion plans were up in the air until we decided that the port authority has the last word anyway, and went with their information. And, yes, the port authority was correct.

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I had a similar situation with HAL on a Norwegian cruise in 2019, with the port website saying one thing and HAL's website another. I emailed the port authority and they confirmed the information on their website. As the two docking locations were several miles apart, our DIY excursion plans were up in the air until we decided that the port authority has the last word anyway, and went with their information. And, yes, the port authority was correct.

You confirm what I was thinking.  The port authority's website is much more likely to be accurate.

• Like 1

Hopefully Celebrity will correct their information as to Pier 66 being the location that the Millennium will be using this year (except for the August 6th sailing).  What a mess it will be on July 23 (the first sailing of the Alaska season for Celebrity) if even a small number of Millennium passengers go to the wrong pier. Not a great way to start the season.  :  (

On 7/4/2021 at 3:29 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Hope you are actually sailing from Pier 66--MUCH better experience.

It appears we will be doing so on our 30 July sailing. We haven't sailed out of Seattle so I appreciate your feedback, Linda.

1 hour ago, K12Guy said:

It appears we will be doing so on our 30 July sailing. We haven't sailed out of Seattle so I appreciate your feedback, Linda.

If you spend the night before at the Inn at the Market, you can see the ship from their fabulous rooftop deck.  And you can actually walk to the ship if you don't have too much luggage.