If fully vaxxed do you need to test prior to boarding cruise?

No. A port of call might require. They accept the vaccine card and/or American Express as proof. If you don't have one, get one, and also the phone number of where you got the vaccine if they have questions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

No. A port of call might require. They accept the vaccine card and/or American Express as proof. If you don't have one, get one, and also the phone number of where you got the vaccine if they have questions.

I don't get the American Express part here.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, petuniaflower said:

Wondering if we still have to test prior to boarding if vaxxed, and if not how do we prove our vaccination?

Just your vaccine card if asked.

No test, so not sure what you mean by still ..since no carnival cruise out of usa has required it. 

No testing, no positives.

28 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Vaccine card but you also need to bring the with you a phone number and email for where the vaccine was administered.

This is going to get interesting.  My first vaccine shot was administered in a large open field near the Ft Myers air port.  They then closed it down and move to a closed Sears store located in a mall where I got the second shot.  Now that facility has been closed.  I guess that only way out is to call a current site and get their phone number and E-mail.  They do have our data on a central file.  Then that begs the question so why do they need their phone numbers and E-mail if the data is already on file.  They can't find it by my name?  That's what they used when I got the two shots.

2 minutes ago, richfret said:

This is going to get interesting.  My first vaccine shot was administered in a large open field near the Ft Myers air port.  They then closed it down and move to a closed Sears store located in a mall where I got the second shot.  Now that facility has been closed.  I guess that only way out is to call a current site and get their phone number and E-mail.  They do have our data on a central file.  Then that begs the question so why do they need their phone numbers and E-mail if the data is already on file.  They can't find it by my name?  That's what they used when I got the two shots.

Does the central file have a phone number? I doubt Carnival would call unless they suspect fraud. I also doubt Carnival has access to your medical records unless you authorize,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lobster1313 said:

Vaccine card but you also need to bring the with you a phone number and email for where the vaccine was administered.

Suggested. Not required. I for one dont have a email or phone number nor do many.

If pressed I could find a email from back last January.. but dont say its required when it's not.

I read they haven't really even been checking cards, but I'll have mine as that is required.

1 hour ago, richfret said:

Print out Lee County's Health Department phone number and email.  They ran most of the sites in Lee but even if it was the state the county will still have it on file. I don't think they're going to check unless you test positive. 

Don't leave home without one? You can leave the Amex at home. Okay, a poor attempt at humor.

I had to think about it, but I finally got it. Think of John Travolta and Olivia Newton John and their famous movie musical they made. And Mitch Ryder and the Detroit ******. 

Don't leave home without one? You can leave the Amex at home. Okay, a poor attempt at humor.

Got ya.  Sorry I missed it.  I have one and wasn't sure if I needed it for some reason.  Thank you

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Suggested. Not required. I for one dont have a email or phone number nor do many.

If pressed I could find a email from back last January.. but dont say its required when it's not.

I read they haven't really even been checking cards, but I'll have mine as that is required.

The not checking cards is an internet rumor. I have also seen a few posts on another site that said Carnival had nurses calling to verify vaccination.

If they tell you something is recommended during the restart then you need to bring it.  

4 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

The not checking cards is an internet rumor. I have also seen a few posts on another site that said Carnival had nurses calling to verify vaccination.

If they tell you something is recommended during the restart then you need to bring it.  

I'll just give them the name of my county health department. The folks who coordinated, sponsored, hired the staffing, set up the contracts, etc, etc, etc. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lobster1313 said:

If it doesnt exist I cant bring it. But thanks. Fairpark in dallas is back to being the state fair and I went the first day in jan it opened before they even had computers. I did email someone who just said show up for 2nd shot..so we did. 

But thanks.,, I'm aware it says recommended as in not required.,I have no phone number. If more is needed then they need to say what is required, though I have no idea what phone number is possible. 

Find someone else to scare. I'm bringing what I have. 

If you dont have a link that more is REQUIRED then I'll go by what carnival says, not you. Maybe you are younger and got in later after it got more organized.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If it doesnt exist I cant bring it. But thanks. Fairpark in dallas is back to being the state fair and I went the first day in jan it opened before they even had computers. I did email someone who just said show up for 2nd shot..so we did. 

But thanks.,, I'm aware it says recommended as in not required.,I have no phone number. If more is needed then they need to say what is required, though I have no idea what phone number is possible. 

Find someone else to scare. I'm bringing what I have. 

If you dont have a link that more is REQUIRED then I'll go by what carnival says, not you. Maybe you are younger and got in later after it got more organized.

No. I went in long before it was organized but I am going with what they say to bring. Carnival gave many examples on what other supporting documentation accept as verification.  

I got my vaccine at a teacher vaccine clinic . but my doctor had record of it . Delaware keeps a record of all shots- so I will bring a doctor's note too , besides my vaccine card. both teens got it a their doc's office, so I will bring a note from their doc too.

Here in New York they have something called Excelsior Pass that can be used to enter venues and other places instead of the vaccine card. I wonder if other states have something similar and if its easier for the cruise lines to process a pass like this instead of verifying the cdc vaccine cards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Here in New York they have something called Excelsior Pass that can be used to enter venues and other places instead of the vaccine card. I wonder if other states have something similar and if its easier for the cruise lines to process a pass like this instead of verifying the cdc vaccine cards

Haven't used my Excelsior Pass yet, but it is sitting on my phone ready to go.  I can't imagine that each state - or the U.S. in general- can't figure out how to get a central data base going.  I would think it would be kind of easy (then again I am computer illiterate) to hook up a vaccine card to our passports somehow.  

Our vaccinations were done at our local county fairgrounds, but were administered by the hospital here, so they have all our records.  I'm sure any vaccination event was coordinated by a medical group, or county, or ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some brutal comments above.  I’m sure as long as the card LOOKS legit (maybe shot type & lot #), they won’t deny boarding.  

I got my shot in the same location both times.  Of course that location is now shut down but since I work for the same county that administered the vaccine and know how to Google phone numbers, I feel I’ve got enough info to provide to board.  If not, I also have my Red Cross blood donor card and they can verify I’ve been a faithful donor.

On 7/5/2021 at 6:22 PM, BlerkOne said:

A port of call might require. They accept the vaccine card and/or American Express as proof. If you don't have one, get one, and also the phone number of where you got the vaccine if they have questions.

I heard there was someone still accepting American Express.