Phone usage and the Hub App...extra power

Currently, everything is geared to using the Hub App for everything on the ship. With the need to have your phone available most of the time, keeping them powered is going to be a necessity. In post long ago, I have heard that room stewards unplug unattended devices that are charging. I was planning on bringing a single battery pack, but may need one for each person. Anyone else having thoughts on bringing multiple powerbanks on a cruise now?

• There are only a few plugs in the room to begin with
  • The need for a power strip is necessary to charge multiple powerbanks (usually 8-12 hours to charge)

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Currently, everything is geared to using the Hub App for everything on the ship. With the need to have your phone available most of the time, keeping them powered is going to be a necessity. In post long ago, I have heard that room stewards unplug unattended devices that are charging. I was planning on bringing a single battery pack, but may need one for each person. Anyone else having thoughts on bringing multiple powerbanks on a cruise now?

• There are only a few plugs in the room to begin with
  • The need for a power strip is necessary to charge multiple powerbanks (usually 8-12 hours to charge)

We bring our charge tower 

• Like 1

Agreed never had anything EVER unplugged.  We also pack a couple multi USB port chargers as well since with 3 people and multiple devices needing to be charged it is a must pack item.  Also pack a power bar or two (must have circuit breaker protection)

53 minutes ago, JeanieTheMom said:

I have never had a room steward touch any of my electronics in my 26 Carnival cruises. They have never unplugged anything.

Good to know. I was told when I had an RCL cruise that the stewards would unplug unattended charging. 

I have had them unplug my powerstrip before. It's been awhile but really I haven't had to use my strip for awhile since it's just me and the newer ships have a usb port and my surface power supply also has a usb port. But they have done it.

If you read my reviews you know I need my iphone charged at all times. This is the portable charger I swear by. I have had others that I think have messed up my cell phone batteries. Specifically pocket juice. This is the one I trust. Not currently available on amazon but it looks like they have them on ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6L85CC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=jackery+bolt&_sacat=0

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

Agreed never had anything EVER unplugged.  We also pack a couple multi USB port chargers as well since with 3 people and multiple devices needing to be charged it is a must pack item.  Also pack a power bar or two (must have circuit breaker protection)

We've never had ours unplugged either. However, the power strip we bring with us goes along with the Carnival rule (below) and does not have a surge suppressor. I'm not sure if this is the same as circuit breaker protection, but if it is they are not allowed. Supposedly they are fire hazards with ship's wiring.

Carnival site states------------

Power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.   

4 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

We've never had ours unplugged either. However, the power strip we bring with us goes along with the Carnival rule (below) and does not have a surge suppressor. I'm not sure if this is the same as circuit breaker protection, but if it is they are not allowed. Supposedly they are fire hazards with ship's wiring.

Carnival site states------------

Power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.   

I stand corrected always thought ours had surge protection but never looked close at them.