Check in For July 31st and August Odyssey sailings?

7 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

No check in available for our 8/22 on Independence. I called Royal they said 30 days prior to cruise it will open up, so it's wait and see. 

it is just odd b/c my hubby has a freedom cruise in Sept and he was able to check in weeks and weeks ago!

Just now, GalwayGirl03 said:

it is just odd b/c my hubby has a freedom cruise in Sept and he was able to check in weeks and weeks ago!

I know, several people have been able to check in on sail dates after mine.  Not sure what the requirements are to open up  check in. 

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Am I missing something,  why is everyone worried about checking in early? You are not missing much by checking in just a few days out.

I think it has to do with a desire for the earliest possible boarding time.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Am I missing something,  why is everyone worried about checking in early? You are not missing much by checking in just a few days out.

For me it's is the ship actually sailing, seems more real once we check in.  I know anything can happen at this point. Our last cruise was December 2019 and we're ready to go. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

For me it's is the ship actually sailing, seems more real once we check in.  I know anything can happen at this point. Our last cruise was December 2019 and we're ready to go. 

That’s how I feel too…once we can check in it’s a go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

Has  Check-in opened for anyone? We are on 8/22 so like 47 days out and still no check-in?  Does anyone have any idea when it will open TIA!

Likely related to the disruption due to forced quarantine. I imagine after they re-test the whole crew and operations give the go ahead, they'll let people check in.

I am booked on Odyssey 8/22, 8/28 & 9/5.  I know things have been going well, but I still have this black cloud hanging over my head Peanuts-style that feels like something may go wrong and the cruises will be cancelled.  Once they allow check in, I think that cloud will dissipate and I will be more confident the cruises will be likely to go ahead.  I do not want to get my hopes up 🙂

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I would not call cancelling all the July sailings going well, never mind all her previous cancelations.

I was referring to the sailings that have happened already on Adventure, Freedom, & Edge.  Believe me I have had lots of cruises get cancelled.  I have lost count at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Got an e-mail today that I could check in for my AUG 14 cruise.  When I try to check in, it comes up as unavailable.  Anyone else having problems with the AUG 14 check in?

I checked in on my computer a couple of days ago and it is showing on my app. No problem there. Today I got our cruise documents.

18 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Checked in for my Aug 14th cruise a couple of days ago with no problem.  Today the luggage tags became available.

Figured out the problem.  I was on the Freedom of the Seas using Royal’s WIFI.  The Royal check in did not like theRoyal WIFI.   Still would not work this morning before I left the ship.  Now at the Miami Airport and it worked just fine.  Makes no sense.

What time did you get for check in at the terminal on the 14th?

6 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Figured out the problem.  I was on the Freedom of the Seas using Royal’s WIFI.  The Royal check in did not like theRoyal WIFI.   Still would not work this morning before I left the ship.  Now at the Miami Airport and it worked just fine.  Makes no sense.

What time did you get for check in at the terminal on the 14th?

1pm.  It was the earliest available time which doesn’t make sense.  Our June 19th cruise on Adventure didn’t sail until 9pm but the earliest check in time was 12.  

When I was on this cruise I couldn’t access my Royal cruises with WiFi.  Made no sense to me either. 

41 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

1pm.  It was the earliest available time which doesn’t make sense.  Our June 19th cruise on Adventure didn’t sail until 9pm but the earliest check in time was 12.  

When I was on this cruise I couldn’t access my Royal cruises with WiFi.  Made no sense to me either. 

I ended up with 2pm.  The Freedom I just got off of started at 12.

44 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Departure times have all been moved to 7pm.  The earliest checkins have now been 1pm for Freedom.  I have read other sailings are leaving later as well.  Gives them longer to turn over the boat. 

• Like 1