Interesting change to new policies on carnivals website

AtoZgirl

2 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Does the insurance through Carnival cover your flights like some other plans or just the cruise? In all of our cruises we have never purchased it, but may this time.

I think it's only flights purchased through Carnival but I may be wrong since I skimmed through that part the other night because we drive. 

So even if the cruise is "fully vaccinated", it's still only required that 95% should have gotten the jab. I wonder if it's just for those 5% who aren't, rather than for a "vaccinations not required" sailing.

2 minutes ago, Dunk said:

So even if the cruise is "fully vaccinated", it's still only required that 95% should have gotten the jab. I wonder if it's just for those 5% who aren't, rather than for a "vaccinations not required" sailing.

If that is the case, then why not include all ports, because they all fit that same 95% threshold.  This policy is specific to Florida and their FAQ says it is not needed for other ports.

I am not vaccinated and booked on a cruise from Galveston in December. Do I need to purchase travel insurance?

It’s always a good idea to purchase travel insurance. However, the travel insurance requirement for unvaccinated guests only applies for sailings out of Florida which we have announced as part of our restart phase.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Maybe it's about to change in Texas, too?

I just got a similar letter in freelance to my Galveston cruise and it still says the Florida specific part. I think it’s just a blanket letter to everyone buy really only applies to Fl

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

At least 2 out of 3 of my ports require masks in public and idk about the 3rd. Not thrilled with masks at mahogany bay to shop around the port area. Very few shop keepers, and if I dont have covid there is no sense me wearing one.

My son lives part time in Roatan. They don't have vaccine there yet  and are being very cautious  balancing needing tourism dollars and not having to lock down again. Many  shops are still requiring masks indoors and these are outside Mahogany Bay, no exceptions 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

We also bought an annual travel insurance plan, and made sure it did cover COVID expenses if necessary, Only about 1.5 times the cost of a single trip plan, and we currently have 5 cruises booked within that year. 

You may chose not to answer but I would you be willing to share cost?  Everything I am finding is sooo expensive even without covid included.  If you would rather not, no worries. 

9 hours ago, kdr69 said:

I used to only insure when it was over a year out but now with so much up in the air i insure every one

I always buy medical and depending on the cost of the cruise and where it's going I'll buy comprehensive. We mostly cruise Disney which is very expensive. Were booked on MSC in December and the Insurance they are requiring is 225.00 for the two of us. I don't find that outlandish at all. I usually buy insurance through " insure my trip" and kids are free, but I think MSC's mandatory insurance is actually cheaper. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

I always buy medical and depending on the cost of the cruise and where it's going I'll buy comprehensive. We mostly cruise Disney which is very expensive. Were booked on MSC in December and the Insurance they are requiring is 225.00 for the two of us. I don't find that outlandish at all. I usually buy insurance through " insure my trip" and kids are free, but I think MSC's mandatory insurance is actually cheaper. 

I looked via this site and it ran from about $500.00 to over $1,000.00. Maybe cuz we are over 70?  

2 minutes ago, imola said:

I looked via this site and it ran from about $500.00 to over $1,000.00. Maybe cuz we are over 70?  

Yes, likely so. That is one of the advantages of buying cruise line sponsored insurance. It usually costs less, and the price does not increase as one gets older.

2 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

We also bought an annual travel insurance plan, and made sure it did cover COVID expenses if necessary, Only about 1.5 times the cost of a single trip plan, and we currently have 5 cruises booked within that year. 

I’m on my phone right now, so I don’t have it real handy, but IIRC it was around $350 for my husband & I (both in early 60’s). I’ll dig out more info when I get a hence and post it here. 

1 hour ago, imola said:

You may chose not to answer but I would you be willing to share cost?  Everything I am finding is sooo expensive even without covid included.  If you would rather not, no worries. 

I found a link where I posted info on the coverage I ended up purchasing. 

8 hours ago, imola said:

Yes, age does factor into this and not well for senior citizens, especially 70s and older. Cruise line insurance seems to not factor in age, but does not cover as much.