RCCL offered full refund and a full FCC to cancel (F.O.S. 7/12/2021)

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s a great deal these days.

That is a great deal these days, but they also have to pay for insurance and the covid test required for the unvaccinated children. (How many tests would that be for a four night cruise?) I wonder what the rules will be next year. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, poocher said:

I like the L & S suggestion.  OP did get a sweet deal with 3 balconies in a row for $2200.  Certainly would cost more now.

Sweet deal??  Almost impossible deal.  $700 per cabin.  For balcony, The days of that are long gone, we haven't cruised balcony for less than $1000 even considered very good deal at that, in many years.  The next couple years even insiders are going for over $1000.  I've looked for a month for Alaska and finally, we opted for a Princess Sapphire for $2600+ balcony WITH deluxe beverage, gratuities and OBC all included.  First Princess for us and first time to Glacier Park.  Op maybe keep what he has after all, a new cruise would cost him all of what they offered.

10 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

but they also have to pay for insurance and the covid test required for the unvaccinated children.

If the kids are under 12 the tests are free and insurance is not required.  It is only unvaccinated adults that have to adhere to the additional requirements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Sweet deal??  Almost impossible deal.  $700 per cabin.  For balcony, The days of that are long gone, we haven't cruised balcony for less than $1000 even considered very good deal at that, in many years.  The next couple years even insiders are going for over $1000.  I've looked for a month for Alaska and finally, we opted for a Princess Sapphire for $2600+ balcony WITH deluxe beverage, gratuities and OBC all included.  First Princess for us and first time to Glacier Park.  Op maybe keep what he has after all, a new cruise would cost him all of what they offered.

It's a 4 day cruise.  Lots of insides well under $1000 and even a few balconies can still be found

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RCCL called back around noon.  They stuck to their original offer.  I asked about L&S and they said it wasn't an option.  We have decided to stick with our current sailing.  Future prices are high and we don't know if they will get any better.  Plus, we are both teachers and can only travel during holidays and summer when it seems to be more expensive.  Thank you everyone for your input and advice.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

That is a great deal these days, but they also have to pay for insurance and the covid test required for the unvaccinated children. (How many tests would that be for a four night cruise?) I wonder what the rules will be next year. 

I don't think that will apply to any of my kids for this sailing.  I will have to double check.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bamdoo said:

RCCL called back around noon.  They stuck to their original offer.  I asked about L&S and they said it wasn't an option.  We have decided to stick with our current sailing.  Future prices are high and we don't know if they will get any better.  Plus, we are both teachers and can only travel during holidays and summer when it seems to be more expensive.  Thank you everyone for your input and advice.

Thank you for the update.  I wish everyone a relaxing and fun cruise...start packing and enjoy👙🧜‍♀️🤩

• Like 1