SonoranDevil's Mardi Gras Pre-Inaugural Sailing Full Review with Pictures! -7/31/21

SonoranDevil

Photo/info request:

> Wine list from both the Steakhouse and Rudi's.

> Does Rudi's also offer a 50% discount on bottles of wine the first and second evenings (similar to the Steakhouse)?

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Photo/info request:

> Does Rudi's also offer a 50% discount on bottles of wine the first and second evenings (similar to the Steakhouse)?

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

My peeps have this notion we get a free bottle of wine on the first evening at the steakhouse. . . ????

1 minute ago, KmomChicago said:

My peeps have this notion we get a free bottle of wine on the first evening at the steakhouse. . . ????

I do believe that's also the case (I think you have a choice between a couple of bottles red/white).

19 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I do believe that's also the case (I think you have a choice between a couple of bottles red/white).

And if you don’t like any of the free selections, you can 50% off most other bottles on the wine list. 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 5:07 PM, lazydayz said:

Looking forward to this live report. Have a great cruise

I thought it was going to be "live" as well, but went back and saw where he indicated that most of the info will be coming after the cruise is over.

Tom

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I thought it was going to be "live" as well, but went back and saw where he indicated that most of the info will be coming after the cruise is over.

Tom

Hi Tom, Thanks.  I was confused, most previews are for live reports.  Guess we will just have to wait.  Linda 

On 7/30/2021 at 7:01 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Photo/info request:

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

Steakhouse wine list

https://cruisespotlight.com/carnival-cruise-line-drink-menus-and-pricing#fahrenheit-555

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Hi Tom, Thanks.  I was confused, most previews are for live reports.  Guess we will just have to wait.  Linda 

If you’re ok with YouTube. There’s a few vloggers on there doing lives and uploading daily. ParoDeeJay being one. Very good content. JJcruise is another good one. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

If you’re ok with YouTube. There’s a few vloggers on there doing lives and uploading daily. ParoDeeJay being one. Very good content. JJcruise is another good one. 

Thanks.  I will check it out!  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

An honest review 

And interesting thoughts/experience from Parodeejay

Edited by bdever
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So apparently the Havana bath tub, oops pool is not heated on a sea day and thus empty?!?!? If I was paying an upcharge I would be LIVID right about now… 

And Serenity is a cluster and as windy as ever… some things never change with Carnival. Wish they would have considered a Serenity solarium with a small upcharge.

Edited by bdever
Add
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bdever said:

So apparently the Havana bath tub, oops pool is not heated on a sea day and thus empty?!?!? If I was paying an upcharge I would be LIVID right about now… 

Yeah, gotta say, the Havana area on the Mardi Gras is the most disappointing thing I’ve seen about the ship so far. From the tiny sardine canned lounge chair area to the lack of an actual pool. Makes me sad. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bdever said:

I know right?!?! The furniture in Chibang looks like fast food chain meets IKEA. 

My bigger problem is: TIME.  My peeps don't like the MDR largely due to the time factor. We don't like just. . . sitting there . . . in between courses.  Sorry, but we don't like small talk with strangers. And really more importantly, we want to get BACK OUT TO THE FUN IN THE SHIP.  This is going to mess me up a bit on my fine dining plans. I was planning to do a whole buncha specialty but I don't think so.  MDR is typically about 1 hr 20 minutes and that is LONG ENOUGH.  Especially when there is SO MUCH grab and go all over the place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

My bigger problem is: TIME.  My peeps don't like the MDR largely due to the time factor. We don't like just. . . sitting there . . . in between courses.  Sorry, but we don't like small talk with strangers. And really more importantly, we want to get BACK OUT TO THE FUN IN THE SHIP.  This is going to mess me up a bit on my fine dining plans. I was planning to do a whole buncha specialty but I don't think so.  MDR is typically about 1 hr 20 minutes and that is LONG ENOUGH.  Especially when there is SO MUCH grab and go all over the place. 

My husband and I feel the same way. We love the mdr but we don’t want our meal strung out. Now we’re bringing our twins on their first cruise and they’ll be 4. We for sure do not want to sit there that long. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bdever said:

And Serenity is a cluster and as windy as ever… some things never change with Carnival. Wish they would have considered a Serenity solarium with a small upcharge.

You would be angry because a pool isn't heated? When its sailing in the middle of August in the Caribbean?  You aren't paying an upcharge just for that pool. This just sounds stupid. 

They mean paying a premium price to be staying in the Havana rooms which have access to this private, exclusive outdoor Havana area. Away from the riff raff at the general public pools. Except this time around, it ain't much of a pool, so what really is the benefit of the higher Havana price? Not seeing any value myself here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

You would be angry because a pool isn't heated? When its sailing in the middle of August in the Caribbean?  You aren't paying an upcharge just for that pool. This just sounds stupid. 

We ARE paying an upcharge for the Havana pool and when you have no one in said pool because it’s freezing 🥶 (watch the video) in August, in the Caribbean and on a sea day then obviously 🙄 there’s an issue with the pool’s heater that needs to be addressed!